Parse minimum/ Parse Goal for dps and heals in sm/hm/nm ops?

Jestiana

Hello, I'm currently rolling a dps vigilance guard, infiltration shadow, and considering healing on sage again.

What would you people say is the minimum parse for a dps vigilance/infiltration dps and a goal that i can shoot for?

A minimum parse for hps as a sage healer and goal to shoot for?

I just wanted to know what the parses should be for sm/hm/nm at a minimum and goal for those 3 modes. Thanks again!:confused:

No one else is answerering, so I'll give it a go. I don't do NiM, but have done some HM raiding.

Heals are a lot less straightforward than dps, I don't bother dummy parsing with my healers.

For dps parses it's tricky since most content is level synced, meaning you'll be using different relics and adrenals ( in most cases) for that content than for the level 75 content.

For story mode OPs/MM fp I suggest getting to 15k dps minumum. That works out to 5 to 7k dps on most bosses, which is more than enough.

For HM you'll want 18k to 20k parses. That should work out to 8 to 10k dps on most bosses. Some players put out 12k plus on bosses, if you want a goal to reach for. That would be the 22k or thereabouts parses on the dummies.

For heals I mostly use ops parses as a guideline, the actual numbers are not as important as keeping people alive through the fight. Just remember your raw HPS are not the important number. It's the effective hps you want to be looking at. That and getting your heals where they're needed. No point putting out 15k ehps if your tank goes and dies on you while you're fussing with some boo-boo on a dps.

With my scoundrel (overhealing is our thing) I usually put out 15 to 18k hps, but the effective hps will be anywhere from 8 to 12k. The sages seem to run about 10k hps, with their effective heals being in the 6 to 8k range. Sage heal numbers are hard to compare, though, since the bubble absorbs don't get counted as heals.

It also depends on boss mechanics. Melee generally has disadvantage on that since you have to move away from boss etc. Even if you are doing average of 22-23k dps on dummy you wont be able to push 12k on boss. So parsing does not necessarily translate to your ops numbers.

Bare in mind that not everything is dps, this game as of now mostly boils down to boss mechanics, hence if you have good reaction time with minimum fk-ups, you are providing the group more.

Additionally, some classes meant and used for burst on critical boss mechanics where you have to clear adds etc asap however, they may lack on boss sustain.

As for minimum* goal aim for 20k. if you are doing around 22k average you are good enough for anything.

Edited by ohshutup

you can use this site http://parsely.io/parser/stats to checkout the information, very few fights are "dummy" fights so what you do on a dummy is kinda irrelevant, as long as you got your rotation down you will be fine. Higher dps in raids mainly comes from experience, knowing what you can get away with in terms of AoE and when you need to single targe

you can check different operation bosses and the three modes and see the difference between DPS there, if you want more info this page is great: http://ixparse.com/stats/

I wouldn't worry so much about hitting any particular threshold. Just make sure you know what you're doing.

Both with yourself and in correlation with what the boss in question does/can do.

That's way more important than whatever you do on the dummy.

/echo riku :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
Dude... Stop spamming them kolto waves and start stabbing :D:D

That's not kolto waves; I rarely use them. That's mostly keeping the hots up on multiple targets. You can do that and also throw out dps when needed.

Scoundrels are not sages/mandos who can put out burst heals on demand. You want those probes already ticking on your target when they take a big hit.

doing so much overhealing sounds very ineffective, in particular looking at how nightmare content is currently scaled with very low hps requirements across the board

i guess for a person new to endgame healing it can feel "safe" to not do any dps and just overhead everyone, but once you get more experience with bossfights you should be able to figure out when the entire group requires so much healing and, which is much more common, you only need to kolto probe tanks

Edited by RikuvonDrake

doing so much overhealing sounds very ineffective, in particular looking at how nightmare content is currently scaled with very low hps requirements across the board

i guess for a person new to endgame healing it can feel "safe" to not do any dps and just overhead everyone, but once you get more experience with bossfights you should be able to figure out when the entire group requires so much healing and, which is much more common, you only need to kolto probe tanks

That's the perspective of a hardcore raider who only runs with a full team of experienced, elite players. The dps can put out the damage, and also avoid taking damage. People just learning the fights can't do that.

I'm stuck in perpetual minor leagues, with dps/tanks who are all learning the fights. Which means they will take damage they're not supposed to. I'm not overhealing, since with the teams I run with one dead dps means the boss hits enrage.

I know I"m not a NiM level player, and never will be due to the requirement to be on voice. That's left me pretty much stuck with teams just learning HM who are desparate for heals and will waive the 'must be on discord' bit.

Which puts me stuck in HM trainer territory.

To be honest, I'm about done with trying to raid in this game. I really can't take working with a team half way through the HM OPs only to be bumped down to freaking SM again due to turnover.

which is much more common, you only need to kolto probe tanks

With the aggro drop utility you can also on-demand 2 probe anyone else, I can get the idea of probing everyone before the burn phase or something but these numbers felt off anyway.

Trying to carry people standing in stupid in a long run is hopeless, and otherwise you might as well opt for reactive healing on dps who take unnecessary damage (good training grounds is Mono, people stand in bad all the time there and you gotta be prepared for the cross - but that's no excuse for sitting in the "comfort" zone with 100% probe uptime on 8 people).

BTW, what are the good *DPS* numbers for healers? Ideally a few reference points with hps vs dps on some fights where it's easy to know the incoming damage (dummy fights like grobbie, fights with higher hps requirements on the tanks like raptus, fights with lots of raidwide like mono or m&b...)?