Level 75 Tank Stats for Level 75 Content

Buellzebubba

I know a lot of stats get capped when slumming lower level content, but what are the tank stats we are looking for at 75 content? I'm thinking full on tank, none of this skank nonsense. Is there such a thing as too much defense, shield, absorb, & endurance? I really don't care about putting out significant damage. I just want to be invincible. You know, kind of like the black knight...

• 2 weeks later...
think ur giving to much value to tanking stats or seen too many sci-fi movies, it increases your time-to-kill but overall you won't be invincible or anything remotely close, which tank class are you wondering about? usually, if ur going full tank for whatever reason (bad at dpsing so power won't make a difference or just now to fights so u will do lots of mistakes and need extra mitigation to keep up) just stack all defence you can and balance shield/absorb Edited by RikuvonDrake

You get more than enough defense from your gear, don't bother adding extra defense augs or anything like that.

These are all general goals to aim for. From what I've seen, dedicated tanks all have their personal preferences for the best stats to run with.

The tank classes are all different, but in general you want roughly 50/50 shield/absorb percentages. A bit more shield than absorb works better than the other way around.

Just looking at numbers, and from a healers perspectived: For MM fp numbers wise 4000 plus points in shield and 2500 plus in absorb makes for a good mitigation tank. 3000 or so points in shield, 2000 or so in absorb is still a reasonable sturdy tank. Anything less than 2000 points in shield, 1500 or so in absorb will be a squishy tank. As far as defense goes I don't even bother looking at it. It doesn't matter if a tank has 4000 defense or 6000 (and to the tank I had pop in with zero absorb, 6000 shield -- why did you think that was a good idea? It's not a good idea fyi.). Squishiness is all dependant on the shield/absorb numbers.

I know a lot of stats get capped when slumming lower level content, but what are the tank stats we are looking for at 75 content? I'm thinking full on tank, none of this skank nonsense. Is there such a thing as too much defense, shield, absorb, & endurance? I really don't care about putting out significant damage. I just want to be invincible. You know, kind of like the black knight...

What you're asking for doesn't really exist because of the way the game is designed. It doesn't matter how much Defense/Shield/Absorb you have, ultimately, if you're team doesn't make the enrage timer, or doesn't deal with the mechanics, you're going to die.

Remember that internal/elemental attacks cannot be shielded and Force/tech attacks cannot be defended. Not to mention that some boss mechanics are unavoidable.

As far as pvp goes, well, there is no amount of D/S/A that will allow you to Guard an ally indefinitely, so even if you are invincible, your other team members are not, and thus, even if you are the last to die, you will lose to the other team simply by attrition.

• 5 weeks later...

I see a bunch of people here replying to your "invincible" comment, & I thought I would mention that I think you are just saying you want to be able to maintain in a fight. Obviously you are not going to be invincible.

From what I have seen on Vulk & Dulfy as well as seen in game, you want around 50/50 shield & absorb... At 75 it is pretty simple to get the stats maxed out to what you need for that.

You are still going to want to work on power/mastery/accuracy because if you cannot hurt the mobs, how are you going to generate enough threat for them to stay on you. You have to know your taunts are not the only thing generating threat...

I see a bunch of people here replying to your "invincible" comment, & I thought I would mention that I think you are just saying you want to be able to maintain in a fight. Obviously you are not going to be invincible.

From what I have seen on Vulk & Dulfy as well as seen in game, you want around 50/50 shield & absorb... At 75 it is pretty simple to get the stats maxed out to what you need for that.

Tank stances give 110% accuracy to all attacks by default, not the least of which is so that Taunts cannot miss.

According to dipstik's models,

Guardians/Juggernauts need about 1:1 ratio of Shield to Absorb, 3255 :: 3256

Shadows/Assassins need close to that slightly in favor of Absorb, 3575::3659

Vanguards/Powertechs need about 1.36:1 ratio of Shield to Absorb, 3754 :: 2757

Remember also that for G/J in particular, Focused Defense/Enraged Defense's heals benefit from Power, so there are reasons for a G/J to stack power in uncapped content beyond just the contribution of tank dps.

Edited by phalczen