Collecting Ciphers

Darittha

Ive collected all the ciphers i could and still that damn underworld dude wants more even thought there is no more ciphers to get. The only option is to decline the convo in the end: https://imgur.com/a/Ef5QsR2

Whats up with this?

We could probably answer this question more helpfully with a little more information. Like, you know, is this a class mission, Planet Mission, or what? NAME of the activity, just a few little clues like that...

Not too many of us here can read your alleged mind via the forums.

We could probably answer this question more helpfully with a little more information. Like, you know, is this a class mission, Planet Mission, or what? NAME of the activity, just a few little clues like that...

Not too many of us here can read your alleged mind via the forums.

I thought this and am glad somebody wrote it.

There is a location on Meksha, near the Dread Pirate Karvoy worldboss where u can find a clickable door named: Underworld Codebreaker.

The codebreaker asks for the all the possible ciphers u can gather ingame atm, but after handing all of them in, he still wants more ciphers which u cannot deliver as there are no more ciphers, forcing you to exit convo, resulting in the codebreaker telling u to buzz off.

Its not class specific, its not any type of quest, its just clickable door with convo attached - but the convo cannot progress.

Edited by Darittha

I never knew about this door. So, I took a character that completed Mek-Sha (and more) to the door. Thanks for the co-ordinates.

Went through the dialog options and traded the ciphers. Not sure where I got them from or when; but, I had them all. Could initiate the conversation and leave it several times. But, once I traded all the ciphers listed in the options, there was nothing I could do except leave the conversation with the codebreaker saying "Don't waste my time." After that, (s)he won't even start the conversation anymore; just says "No cipher, no conversation." Of course, all of this with the two parties on either side of the door. When you trade the ciphers, the codebreaker says"..Take this." But the chat window din't mention anything being received and I didn't see anything in my inventory; I didn't make a note of my on-person credits before knocking on the door, so I don't know if I got some credits. (If so, must've been not many.)

Feels like a mission they never got around to completing and just released it as it is.

Edited by mike_carton

When you trade the ciphers, the codebreaker says"..Take this." But the chat window din't mention anything being received and I didn't see anything in my inventory; I didn't make a note of my on-person credits before knocking on the door, so I don't know if I got some credits. (If so, must've been not many.)

I just checked keeping an eye on my total, no credits were received, at any stage of trading in ciphers and then leaving, and nothing in the mission tab of my inventory.

So, the ciphers I could trade were:

1. Dailies - Ossus - Exploration - Ossus Cipher

2. Events - Pirate Incursion - Exploration - Dantooine Cipher

3. Location - Rishi - Exploration - Rishi Cipher

4. Operations - The Nature of Progress - Mark of Mastery - Dxun Cipher

Thanks to XamXam for cataloging most of these here.

Those ciphers may be listed out of the actual order I get during the original "KOTOR" style/alliance recruitment style conversation.

And now I get the same thing. Once I trade all four ciphers, if I try to click on the door X 284 Y 3987 in the Rrzo's Wells section of Mek Sha, the voice of the Underworld Codebreaker says "No cipher, no conversation!"

Maybe there will be some more ciphers to find later in 6.x.