Is the Scrapper spec looks most ridiculous of all. Your opinion?

Davook

I have nothing against Lethality/Ruffian since both uses blasters/firearms as a main damage source (this is why weapons are primarily carried - to use them) in close quarter combat. But Scrapper is just... punching... with bare fist... And not only during drunken bar fight, but he/she is punching: sith lords, gigantic beasts, assault walkers, hovertanks... I know for some Concealment Operatives moves looks ridiculous as well but Scrapper Scoundrel is like few tiers higher on the scale of absurdity. What do you think?

"Great" that for some people videogames are all about statistic and call childish everyone who thinks that the issue of good taste and aesthetics is also important. And yes, I never played this spec in the same way I will never play "my little pony" class or if devs ever put something like that in this game.

Seems pretty childish that instead of presenting a view about this specific class someone attack my view about it.

Edited by Davook

I'm pretty sure you're the one that rolled up and started insulting a class you don't even play.

If you're going to complain for no reason, then complaining is pointless. If you have a reason, what is it? Are you trying to have blasters taken away? Are you trying to get the class changed into a ranged class? Are you trying to have BW change all the animations into blaster shots that don't travel past 4M?

None of those changes would be good. It's a melee class. It does things in melee range. If that's somehow equivalent to playing Hello Kitty: Island Adventure, then we're better off having you be another generic saber-wielder with the same boring brown robes that everyone else wears and leaving us alone.

I would much rather that my Scoundrel used a vibrosword and all ranged attacks were done with the off-hand weapon than punching things whilst holding a useless blaster. I think that not including some non-Force using melee weapon using options was a design mistake considering this game's heritage in KotOR 1 and 2. But, I very much doubt that that will ever happen and I still quite enjoy playing my Scoundrel.

situation: guy: thinks animations are kind of funny and asks for opinion

scapper players: yOu InSuLTeD mY cLAsS!

me: hey guys why dont you go here:

https://cdn.virtualnights.com/news/47739/94ea5c192273b34115d30ce0bf86c707.jpg

Yeah, the guy comparing the class to My Little Pony and rejecting the notion that players can be indifferent about the animations is totally the one trying to have a genuine and open discussion. I'm sure everyone else is just rude for not automatically agreeing with him.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, the guy comparing the class to My Little Pony and rejecting the notion that players can be indifferent about the animations is totally the one trying to have a genuine and open discussion. I'm sure everyone else is just rude for not automatically agreeing with him.

I’m sorry, but can you point out to me where exactly in that entire post you found a statement that could be considered “rejecting the notion that players can be indifferent about the animations”. I’m not even sure where the My Little Pony but came from. It was a harmless opinion question about the attacks of the Scrapper spec.

And let’s be honest: when you get down to it, it looks a bit dumb. It’s like in Episode 3 when Obi-Wan is fighting General Grievous, and he straight up kicks the metallic cyborg in the leg. But in this game, your Smuggler can punch tanks, droids, people, and rancors, all with equal effectiveness? Folks have to admit that it’s kind of silly.

Edited by Enticy

• 4 weeks later...

I agree, this whole punching thing feels ridiculous. I am constantly getting Bud Spencer / Terence Hill vibes, sometimes mixed with Batman from the 60s. Yet my favourite clss & spec.

Let's face it - that's what smugglers do: punching other people's face. We use dirty tricks. We are unfair, not like those We-only-appear-when-the-stars-are-right-Jedis. With some (or, depending on the point of view: a lot of) suspension of disbelieve, this somehow works. For me. But honestly, I also never complained about the fact that I dominated a lasersword wielding ****** with a blaster in the final battle of KOTFE.

My two cents :)

• 1 month later...

Ok can you see Han or any Smuggler going face to face toe to toe with a Jedi or Sith using a Dual Lightsabers?

Really he is going to punch his way out of it?

Against a guy with force powers and a Lightsaber?

This sounds just so insanely stupid and would be unrealistic in any movie or TV series made.

So why is is ok in this game? Got a sane answer?

• 2 months later...
Nvm. Didn't realize this thread is months old despite being on the first page for the section.

That is because the class forums do not receive much traffic. The newest post, after ours, is from 11 June and the oldest on the front page is from 3 January of this year.

With regard to the topic of the thread, I wish my Scrapper Scoundrel could use a techblade or vibroblade. I am aware that vibroblades add Force power, so they would need to be reworked to add either a generic stat that functioned for both Force and tech or they would need to add both Force and tech power.

I guess I'm in the minority that really enjoys all the punching. I'm a big boxing and MMA fan so having a class that feels like a gun slinging, bare knuckle boxing cowboy is pretty awesome to me.

And in terms of realism, there's a point in one of the Eternal Empire expacs where it's implied u get some sort of power boost and so that's how I rationalize a smuggler being able to box with a Sith.

Honestly theres times where the operative using a long blaster rifle at point blank range annoys me more, especially cuz ur holding it one hand half the time time while ur knifing away. I want operatives to have access to pistols more than I want scoundrels to get knives.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm, I don't know, game mechanics and plot require us to fight big beasts and sith lords with our fists which to me in all truth only against big beats it seems ridiculous.

But punching jedi and sith in the face, that could happen. My scoundrel is a cyborg so i'd imagine him to be enhanced. Keeping their saber busy with your blaster while you go in for a hook... I can see that happening tbh.

Inbetween, throwing flash bombs, and thermals, using shield generators and being accurate with a blaster is enough to overwhelm any regular sith lord or Jedi knight.

HK-47 does make a good case on how to kill jedi in Kotor with overwhelming them.

Just remember, Jedi and Sith are over confident within their abilities which gives us the upper hand in terms of allowing them to underestimate us for the surprise attack.

They use the force to speed up their reflexes, we use stims.

Don't believe the jedi and sith hype Cowboy.

Edited by Quekankwin

It does look stupid, when you have to punch 5-10m tall boss, for like 10 minutes..., it's the main reason I stopped playing this class, because it's just cringy lol. I wish we would have an option to change the animations of the skills or have some kind of variety to choose from. Another thing is that when the relics proc. you have that annoying "force" animation that just doesn't fit the non-force characters, It would be nice to have an option to disable animations you don't want. Honestly, I would also want the old perk trees to come back, and to pick and choose what skills do we want, so my operative could snipe from time to time. Maybe they'll do something about that in the future with upcoming patches. :D

• 3 months later...
I’m not even sure where the My Little Pony but came from. It was a harmless opinion question about the attacks of the Scrapper spec.

And let’s be honest: when you get down to it, it looks a bit dumb. It’s like in Episode 3 when Obi-Wan is fighting General Grievous, and he straight up kicks the metallic cyborg in the leg. But in this game, your Smuggler can punch tanks, droids, people, and rancors, all with equal effectiveness? Folks have to admit that it’s kind of silly.

It was harmless opinion indeed... and the My Little Pony came from any class that in theory might came to the game and be efficient and strong pve/pvp but unrealistic and not fitting to the world(SWTOR world) asthetics(my little pony is kinda deliberate exaggeration that may prompts reflection in some). Just for some players video games are all about stats and performance and they do not care about astethics and it's fine. How many times we all meet in WZs half naked Trooper commandos body type 4 wearing only goggles and dyed pink latex pants? It looks ridiculous and I don't have any problem with that. I just call that they wear ridiculous outfit, nobody should be offended by that.