Thanks for Zenith, the Balmorran twilek. everyone is welcome.

bluehufsa

That would depend on how it's written.

Honestly i expect the worse - a furious twilek to tell me he hates me for recruiting Sith and Imps ( the Alliance) . Best scenario .. " forget about spy boy, your place is with me, i killed a sh*t load of Knights, skytroopers and such just to find you, now that you're here i'm not leaving you out of my sight ever again" . Yeah, dreams.. :D:o

• 3 years later...
P.S. I am absolutely obsessed with Zenith as well. I've been waiting for him to be romanceable for 10 years. The most recent cut scene with his recruitment blew me away - it was perfect imo. If there is anyone out there who'd like to fangirl with me about him, pls do. My discord DMs are always open ( Culurien#9228 ). <3
  • Like 1

P.S. I am absolutely obsessed with Zenith as well. I've been waiting for him to be romanceable for 10 years. The most recent cut scene with his recruitment blew me away - it was perfect imo. If there is anyone out there who'd like to fangirl with me about him, pls do. My discord DMs are always open ( Culurien#9228 ). <3

Nope, not perfect. Complete tease with a flirt option and the way they talk to each other... but no kiss!

I was extremely disappointed. It was so well done and they messed it up...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my GOSH I adore Zenith.

He's the reason I fell in love with this game back in 2012. I remember playing through the consular story on Balmorra and adoring his character. Couple it all with the amazing and moving Balmorra music and it was love!

I was always hoping that other classes would be able to interact with Zenith during his recruitment mission - a meeting between Zenith and Cipher Nine regarding what happened on Balmorra with Graystar would be really juicy and interesting!

Zenith is wonderful!!!

• Like 1

Oh my GOSH I adore Zenith.

He's the reason I fell in love with this game back in 2012. I remember playing through the consular story on Balmorra and adoring his character. Couple it all with the amazing and moving Balmorra music and it was love!

I was always hoping that other classes would be able to interact with Zenith during his recruitment mission - a meeting between Zenith and Cipher Nine regarding what happened on Balmorra with Graystar would be really juicy and interesting!

Zenith is wonderful!!!

At first, i couldn't stand the guy and during consular story i was 100% sure we going to get Tai Cordan as a companion, so at the end of Balmorra story i was so angry, was thinking why the beep would a Jedi Master recruit a guerilla fighter? :D:o

But then, when by mistake i bought 400 companion gifts and he was the only one who liked them, i started using him more ( my first rank 50..) and i began to really like him and enjoy the fun part - two crazy dudes traveling across the galaxy and stopping bad guys :D

One thing i regret tho - he cannot be recruited by other Rep classes :(

• 1 year later...

My apologies for necro'ing the thread, but a fellow Zenith fan reporting in!

He is hands down one of my favorite companions in the game. I played as female Consular and was a little disappointed that he wasn't a romance option. The re-union scene was really well done and surprisingly heartfelt. It was nice to see him let his guard down and there was finally a flirt option. Yay!

It's probably unlikely to happen, but I hope that we'll get to see Zenith again someday and get an option to commit to a relationship with him because at the moment that flirt option doesn't go anywhere.

• Like 3

oh my god, OTHER ZENITH FANS EXIST, HELLO!

Zenith is one of my very favorite companions in the whole game (after Theron he is basically tied for second place with Vette - I love my twi'leks ❤️) (and - to sorta respond to a question asked very early in the thread - no, despite the fact Troy Baker is fantastic as both of them, I do not just love Zenith because he has the same VA as Theron, I met Zenith first... and I have heard them both so much that they do not sound even remotely the same to me anymore - they did at first though - and while I obviously do not forget the have the same VA, I also do, if that makes sense haha)

I actually came late to the game, as it were, because when I first played through class story I did not take Zenith around as my regular companion (took Qyzen then Nadia) and so while I liked Zenith for sure (enough that I literally wouldn't start KotFE til I googled and found out for sure I could get him back!), he was like mid-tier, he was my third fave after those two........ but then his reunion scene happened.  and that scene was *so good* that it flipped me all the way round on his character and he skyrocketed to the top, not just out of consular companions but out of all class story companions, in that one scene.  Seeing him so caring and vulnerable while still totally being Zenith, it was so wonderful (and I did not even do the flirt, my consular was/is romanced to Theron, though I have seen the flirt on youtube and it is adorable, and so sweet). 

When I made a clone of my consular she took Zenith around from the second she recruited him and that skyrocketed him even further, because omg some of the sassy and sarcastic one-liners he throws out while companion are amazing.  I want to romance him on that clone now, if the devs will ever actually complete the romance and have more than just one flirt!!!!!

Just, ALL THE LOVE FOR ZENITH.  ty for bumping this thread, even if it immediately dies again, just so I could see I am not alone as Zenith fan 😍

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 4:47 PM, cannibithobbal said:

Just, ALL THE LOVE FOR ZENITH.  ty for bumping this thread, even if it immediately dies again, just so I could see I am not alone as Zenith fan 😍

You are certainly not alone! There are more of us out there. I was happy to see this as well as the other thread that was linked earlier on the forums. I think Zenith is one of the more underappreciated and interesting characters in the game.

On 9/9/2023 at 4:47 PM, cannibithobbal said:

When I made a clone of my consular she took Zenith around from the second she recruited him and that skyrocketed him even further, because omg some of the sassy and sarcastic one-liners he throws out while companion are amazing.  I want to romance him on that clone now, if the devs will ever actually complete the romance and have more than just one flirt!!!!!

What I really liked about him and was also a little annoyed when people characterized him as some unhinged loose cannon with an itchy trigger finger is that there's more to him than meets the eye. Zenith consistently approves of Consular helping people. Yes, he's completely anti-empire but they were oppressing the people of Balmorra. He has a hard time letting go of the old tactics that helped him survive in the war, but he's not as violent as I've seen some people make him out to be.

Also, +1 to his romance hopefully getting continuation someday. 🥺

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Praxiskit said:

What I really liked about him and was also a little annoyed when people characterized him as some unhinged loose cannon with an itchy trigger finger is that there's more to him than meets the eye. Zenith consistently approves of Consular helping people. Yes, he's completely anti-empire but they were oppressing the people of Balmorra. He has a hard time letting go of the old tactics that helped him survive in the war, but he's not as violent as I've seen some people make him out to be.

Yessss so agreed.  I personally adore that a big part of his personality is "I hate the empire" because it totally makes sense (and leads to many genuinely great interactions) and that he has a totally ruthless side (like, his companion summoning line of "who do you want dead?" is probably my favorite companion summon line in the game tbh 😂) but the other half of him is much more complex.  As you say, he has a hard time dumping those old guerrilla war tactics that kept him alive for so long, but I also think it's clear that he tries.  And he has clearly closed himself off from getting close to people, trusting people, feeling things, etc, but over the course of the story he actually allows himself to get closer to the consular and start to feel more things and it's so sweet to see.  Like, the conclusion of his companion convos storyline is him saying "I trust you", and I adore that so much.  And then you see even more of him opening up (while still being so very Zenith) when he comes back at the end of Onslaught.  He is not one dimensional, and he has slow but wonderful character development. 

Zenith is great and I will take no arguments. 😇

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

but the other half of him is much more complex.  As you say, he has a hard time dumping those old guerrilla war tactics that kept him alive for so long, but I also think it's clear that he tries.  And he has clearly closed himself off from getting close to people, trusting people, feeling things, etc, but over the course of the story he actually allows himself to get closer to the consular and start to feel more things and it's so sweet to see.  Like, the conclusion of his companion convos storyline is him saying "I trust you", and I adore that so much.  And then you see even more of him opening up (while still being so very Zenith) when he comes back at the end of Onslaught.  He is not one dimensional, and he has slow but wonderful character development.

Yess well said! It's certainly not the easiest thing having to let go of old habits when Balmorra is freed, but as you said, he tries. And him slowly letting his guard down and growing to trust the Consular was indeed very heartwarming, especially given his past and the understandable reason why he was so guarded, but the Consular managed to chip away at the wall Zenith built around himself.

His reunion scene really was so so good. Probably my favorite. It was so heartfelt and sweet. 🥲

8 hours ago, Addictress said:

No romance 😪

Although I would have really liked if he was a romance option during the class story, it makes sense why flirting with him is only available when he returns. Zenith needed time to heal. It's only a shame that the flirt option that was added goes nowhere. Hopefully, in the future they'll add something more. I only caught up with the latest story on my Empire side character, but I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) that Zenith leaves an opportunity open for working with the Republic side characters so it's not like he'd have to be Consular exclusive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Praxiskit said:

His reunion scene really was so so good. Probably my favorite. It was so heartfelt and sweet. 🥲

Although I would have really liked if he was a romance option during the class story, it makes sense why flirting with him is only available when he returns. Zenith needed time to heal. It's only a shame that the flirt option that was added goes nowhere.

completely agreed on this, as sad as I am that he is not a romance option, I think it 100% makes sense for his character and the slow burn is so much more fitting for him and works so well (hopefully they actually continue it, but the one flirt is soooooo sweet 😍).  his whole reunion is amazing, easily one of my very favorite of all returning class story companion reunions, adds so much depth and feeling to his character in such a short time.

3 hours ago, Praxiskit said:

I only caught up with the latest story on my Empire side character, but I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) that Zenith leaves an opportunity open for working with the Republic side characters so it's not like he'd have to be Consular exclusive.

correct!  while he will only join the alliance for a consular due to there being ex imperials in the alliance, he is cordial to other republic characters and sends a letter saying that while he won't work for them he is willing to work with them.  I so so so so hope that they follow up on that and involve him in the story again later for republic characters.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 8:44 PM, cannibithobbal said:

correct!  while he will only join the alliance for a consular due to there being ex imperials in the alliance, he is cordial to other republic characters and sends a letter saying that while he won't work for them he is willing to work with them.  I so so so so hope that they follow up on that and involve him in the story again later for republic characters.

I see no reason why he wouldn't join a Jedi Knight, a Trooper or a Smuggler. 

And yes, I hope there will be more of him in the upcoming stories :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hrafnhildur said:

I see no reason why he wouldn't join a Jedi Knight, a Trooper or a Smuggler. 

And yes, I hope there will be more of him in the upcoming stories :)

agreed!  while it makes total sense that he initially declined, if he were to return and actually work closely with one of the other republic characters to the point that he can see they are trustworthy and see that they are working against the empire like him, I can absolutely see him being willing change his mind and join them 😇

while I am not going to get my hopes up, I will definitely forever be hoping that he comes back in the story in literally any form 😍  if for no other reason than continued romance for consulars.  I have a consular waiting for the day they make it happen 😂

• Like 1

completely agreed on this, as sad as I am that he is not a romance option, I think it 100% makes sense for his character and the slow burn is so much more fitting for him and works so well (hopefully they actually continue it, but the one flirt is soooooo sweet 😍).

Exactly! Slow burns are so good and it works very well with Zenith. As you said, all we can hope for is that he comes back someday and we get a little bit more to build on his romance with the Consular.

while he will only join the alliance for a consular due to there being ex imperials in the alliance, he is cordial to other republic characters and sends a letter saying that while he won't work for them he is willing to work with them.  I so so so so hope that they follow up on that and involve him in the story again later for republic characters.

I see. This for sure leaves an opportunity open to bring him back for the Republic side characters. 🤔

On 9/16/2023 at 4:04 PM, Spikanor said:

sorry to tell you this but there is no upcoming stories for the class companions at all anymore.

I don't see why not? Akaavi and Torian had been getting bits of new content fairly recently. Seems like the opposite to me. If there's a way to include og companions in a way it's related to the story somehow, Broadsword seem willing to do it.

Edited by Praxiskit

4 minutes ago, Praxiskit said:

I don't see why not? Akaavi and Torian had been getting bits of new content fairly recently.

but akaavi is the last companion that was missing from all the class companions that have return back so its notting new that she got there own part also like most others have also.

and she is not part of the main story its more a side story there have add in the game.

its wierd then since how can torian be alive if some of the players then choose to let him die in the knights of the eternal throne.

8 minutes ago, Praxiskit said:

If there's a way to include og companions in a way it's related to the story somehow, Broadsword seem willing to do it.

i like that also that the class story companions get a role in the new story line's but here is all some problems with it.

some class companions you can get back if you wane do that since there are not bound to the class anymore and you have the option to Recruit back if you wane same go's for some class companions you can recruit then back if you wane.

then you have the class companions you have to choose option to kill then or let then stay alive so what if the sith worrier force to let vette die in the knights of the eternal throne.

you need to think about a lot of diffrend senario's that can happing and how to fix then also in a good way.

2 hours ago, Spikanor said:

but akaavi is the last companion that was missing from all the class companions that have return back so its notting new that she got there own part also like most others have also.

But she wasn't missing, you could recruit her as a Smuggler or a Bounty Hunter all the way back in 5.9 update. They only made her available for all this time around because they found a reason to bring her back. The fact they brought Torian back despite him being dead in some people's playthroughs is further proof, in my opinion, that the developers are quite willing to bring old companions back if their presence in the story makes sense.

To keep this a bit on topic, I don't think any of us who would love to see Zenith back are expecting some major story involvement. Personally, I'd be more than happy if we got something similar to what Akaavi or Torian are getting.

3 hours ago, Spikanor said:

you need to think about a lot of diffrend senario's that can happing and how to fix then also in a good way.

That's true and I think they're doing a pretty good job at that. At least as far as Torian is concerned as he's one of those companions whose survival depends on players choices. This doesn't really apply to Zenith though, as he's alive and seemingly willing to work with Republic characters.

21 hours ago, Praxiskit said:

Exactly! Slow burns are so good and it works very well with Zenith. As you said, all we can hope for is that he comes back someday and we get a little bit more to build on his romance with the Consular.

tbh, I would go so far as to say, Zenith/consular is one of the best slow burns in the whole game.  because it fits his character so well, and the flirt that finally happens is so sweet and not over the top.  obviously I hope it continues into an actual full romance option someday (even if it's just one scene where you get to start a romance and then he never appears in the story again, I would still take it!), but what we've had so far has been so well done IMHO.

18 hours ago, Praxiskit said:

To keep this a bit on topic, I don't think any of us who would love to see Zenith back are expecting some major story involvement. Personally, I'd be more than happy if we got something similar to what Akaavi or Torian are getting.

That's true and I think they're doing a pretty good job at that. At least as far as Torian is concerned as he's one of those companions whose survival depends on players choices. This doesn't really apply to Zenith though, as he's alive and seemingly willing to work with Republic characters.

I completely agree.  Obviously I would ADORE if he had some major story involvement (I will keep my pipe dream of a Balmorra FP where Zenith is the companion for all republic characters until the day this game dies gdi 😂), but I know that isn't actually likely.  And I would love if he got a similar treatment to Akaavi (I can only compare to Akaavi as I have not actually seen the recent Torian content yet as all my characters have kept Vette alive -- though I plan to make a clone who saves Torian so that I can see the content and record it and stitch together my "everyone survives" cut of the game 😂 so soon I will be able to comment on the Torian stuff as well haha)

A perfect scenario would just be to have Zenith follow up on his offer to work with republic characters again even if he won't join the alliance, and have him help out in the story on more missions for them.  Obviously my pipe dream of Zenith companion for a whole FP, probably never ever gonna happen lol, but even if there was just, say, any mission they needed to do on Balmorra (it IS a key war resource planet, after all, would make every bit of sense to come up with a reason to go there, similar to how we went back to Corellia before), who better to help out and coordinate with than Zenith 😇 

As you said, the devs seem willing to include old companions if they can find a way, even optionally dead ones (Arcann, Torian, and Theron have ALL gotten major screen time - well, as major as anyone gets - lately... Theron thankfully never completely went away like the other two but he's had more dialogue in the last few updates than he has in absolutely ages) (likewise, on the non-killable front, loved seeing both Talos and Kira involved in the Darth Nul stuff!  I was very pleasantly surprised, it was awesome).  Obviously there are companions where I can totally think of great ways they could have been included but the devs didn't do it, I think it's clear they are trying to find ways of including companions where possible. 

Hopefully this includes a return for more Zenith!  If not I will still be happy just having any of my faves show up, but definitely hopefully more Zenith!

Edited by cannibithobbal