Sound Settings for Missle Tone

Sir-steve

So at some point while adjusting my volume/sound settings, I switched something that made it very hard to hear missle lock tone over all the other background noises.

I've tried fiddling around but can't seem to figure out which is the right setting to adjust to increase the volume on it so I know when I have a lock.....any suggestions?

Set everything to 20%, then one at a time set each category to 100% and play a match. When it comes back you'll know which category it's in.

I assume it's probably sound effects, but there's some chance they threw it in background noises. You might be able to test in the Hangar interface instead of in a match. Swap weapons in components, blasters for example, and it should give an animation of the weapon firing, and I think it also plays the sound effect. Mess around until you find which category weapon sounds are in, and hope that the Lock tones are in the same category. Only shortcut I can think of.

Did some testing.

Missile lock beeping is controlled by the Sound FX Volume slider under the Sound category of the Preferences menu.

Missile lock beeps are surprisingly quiet. If you have other sounds adjusted up fairly high, they may drown out the missile beeps even if Sound FX is cranked all the way up. You may have to dial down other categories substantially in order to make the missile locks easier to hear. Say 15% to 20% lower than the Sound FX slider as a good starting point.

Realized during investigation that the very obvious easy way to test this fast is to use the GSF Tutorial. Don't know why I didn't think of that in my first response. /facepalm.

Thanks! SoundFX slider did the trick - I bumped it higher than the others and can hear the missle tone better.

The blaster fire still seems to drown it out if you're firing lasers/locking missiles on at the same time.....but now I'm not sure if that was always the case (could be misremembering).

Thanks again!