Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

KevMeup's Avatar


KevMeup
12.31.2020 , 07:25 PM | #221
At long Last... Heal Parses updated for 6.2a. Full Video Added. Z0-0Ms is amazing.
KevMeUp - <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
Does your companion do 11k DPS?
Companion Use and Optimization Guide
YouTube

KevMeup's Avatar


KevMeup
01.24.2021 , 08:50 PM | #222
KevMeUp - <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
Does your companion do 11k DPS?
Companion Use and Optimization Guide
YouTube

Astius's Avatar


Astius
02.03.2021 , 07:29 PM | #223
Don't know if this is SUPER relevant, but it may also be noted that M1-4X's basic attack animation has been bugged for I don't know how long and doesn't show him shooting.

Darth_Furian's Avatar


Darth_Furian
04.04.2021 , 05:45 PM | #224
Quote:
Companions with 2 light sabers parse 8900+ [...]

Any companion with 2 blaster Pistols will be excellent for DPS, parsing 8600+.

Q0-77, Nico, Vette, Hamdil Tre, Theron Shan, Andronikos Revel and Ensign Temple (before her respawn) all use 2 blaster pistols and are top Ranged DPS after Shae.
So companions with 2 lightsabers parse better DPS than those with 2 blasters, but the latter are "top ranged after Shae"? I'm confused...
Une vraie question c'est : "Comment profiter de la vie au maximum".

Une vraie réponse c'est : "En évitant de se poser les vraies questions".

denajii's Avatar


denajii
04.05.2021 , 05:18 AM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Furian View Post
So companions with 2 lightsabers parse better DPS than those with 2 blasters, but the latter are "top ranged after Shae"? I'm confused...
I think that means, if you don't have shae or don't use her, then for ranged damage, a dual wielding blaster companion would be your next best bet. But a higher leveled dual wielding melee companion will deal more damage than that ranged dual wielder.
Playable Nautolans, yay!

Darth_Furian's Avatar


Darth_Furian
04.06.2021 , 02:41 PM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by denajii View Post
I think that means, if you don't have shae or don't use her, then for ranged damage, a dual wielding blaster companion would be your next best bet. But a higher leveled dual wielding melee companion will deal more damage than that ranged dual wielder.
Or maybe it means "Shae and dual-wielding guys are the best ranged DPS companions... I'd love to get clarification from the OP on that"
Une vraie question c'est : "Comment profiter de la vie au maximum".

Une vraie réponse c'est : "En évitant de se poser les vraies questions".

mike_carton's Avatar


mike_carton
04.07.2021 , 01:35 AM | #227
Here are the findings in the OP's words, lightly edited:

1. Shae Vizla is the highest DPS companion in the game right now, parsing over 10k

2. Companions with 2 light sabers parse 8900+ such as Master Ranos, Ashara or Veeroa

3. Any companion with 2 blaster Pistols will be excellent for DPS, parsing 8600+. Q0-77, Nico, Vette, Hamdil Tre, Theron Shan, Andronikos Revel and Ensign Temple (before her respawn).
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

Darth_Furian's Avatar


Darth_Furian
04.07.2021 , 07:54 AM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
Here are the findings in the OP's words, lightly edited:

1. Shae Vizla is the highest DPS companion in the game right now, parsing over 10k

2. Companions with 2 light sabers parse 8900+ such as Master Ranos, Ashara or Veeroa

3. Any companion with 2 blaster Pistols will be excellent for DPS, parsing 8600+. Q0-77, Nico, Vette, Hamdil Tre, Theron Shan, Andronikos Revel and Ensign Temple (before her respawn).
Oh I think I got it, it was right in front of me the whole time :
Quote:
Q0-77, Nico, Vette, Hamdil Tre, Theron Shan, Andronikos Revel and Ensign Temple (before her respawn) all use 2 blaster pistols and are top Ranged DPS after Shae
So for those who don't have Shae, those are the best range DPS, but Veeroa or Ashara are better DPS overall (they might just need a little longer to switch target though).

Somehow the word 'ranged' didn't make it through to my brain.
Une vraie question c'est : "Comment profiter de la vie au maximum".

Une vraie réponse c'est : "En évitant de se poser les vraies questions".

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
04.09.2021 , 07:35 AM | #229
For those who don't want to bother with this stuff - for 99.9% of anything you'll do in PvE with a companion, it doesn't matter which companion you use. Unless, of course, your character is seriously under-geared, or under spec'd.

The other .1% of the time, which companion is best, is situational.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Zenislav's Avatar


Zenislav
04.17.2021 , 02:59 PM | #230
How up to date are parses? For example are Z0-0M and after him K1-Z3N still best pure healing companions?