Getting light side or dark side points doing crew skills - WHY?

Goemoe

Today I noticed my sith marodeur is getting dark side points for doing crew missions. This is weird, because during the last months he was getting light side points for crew missions. I did this on purpose when creating him, only chosing light side choices up to the point where he could choose his crew skills. I don't like my chars amassing the wrong side points for them. My sith inqui is about 70/30 light/dark, but crew skills got her to dark V. I hate that and created other chars differently, to prevent this.

Now my sith marodeur is getting dark side points for crew skills though he got light side points for them up to today (did not play him for some time). What happened? He has 15000 light and 8000 dark at lvl 40. This is not possible without crewskills.

Can I do anything to reverse the dark sided crewskills back to the lightsided? Or is there a switch to turn it off generally? I hate it either way.

Where is the point creating an alignment system for the chars and totally mess it up with crew skills? I do crew skills with each char I play. No matter how I play them, at the end the chars are Light V or Dark V because of the crew skills.

This system is pointless. Get rid of it.

I agree. The chars should only be able to "earn" light or dark side points depending on their decisions in story and missions. Now you can be cruel and kill everyone in your story and still end up at light side V just by doing enough crew missions which is very unrealistic in my view. The discussion can also be extended to the general value of the dark/light side point system for the overall gameplay (I think it has no value, because it has no impact on anything apart from that you are not allowed to wear very few items), but I think that would go beyond the topic of this thread...

Can I do anything to reverse the dark sided crewskills back to the lightsided? Or is there a switch to turn it off generally? I hate it either way.

You can just switch whether to support the light or the dark side by clicking the button in the UI. Then your crew missions will generate either light or dark side points. Once you reach 100k light side points, the remaining dark side points will be "consumed" when doing further missions (not restricted to crew missions, but any mission you do) until they are zero.

Edited by MoonRaker-

You can just switch whether to support the light or the dark side by clicking the button in the UI. Then your crew missions will generate either light or dark side points. Once you reach 100k light side points, the remaining dark side points will be "consumed" when doing further missions (not restricted to crew missions, but any mission you do) until they are zero.

Clarification: the "switch" is the red trapezoid with a light symbol and a dark symbol. Click the symbol that corresponds to the type of points you want. The switch might be hiding kinda half behind the minimap.

And you *also* get switch-coloured points for killing foes. Paragon-of-the-Light Jedi can rank up their Lightness by slaughtering refugees.

• 11 months later...
Clarification: the "switch" is the red trapezoid with a light symbol and a dark symbol. Click the symbol that corresponds to the type of points you want. The switch might be hiding kinda half behind the minimap.

And you *also* get switch-coloured points for killing foes. Paragon-of-the-Light Jedi can rank up their Lightness by slaughtering refugees.

Thank you so much! My issues with alignment points was plaguing me for days. Forums mention farming the points with crew skills but kept out the Important clue regarding the User Interface switch and what it looks like. Appreciate the help!