Crew Skills: Materials and where to get them

psandak

So five years ago a similar thread was created but never really kept up to date. So without further ado...

Recommended Crafting Skills by Force Sensitive/Role: for more details see the link in my signature: "Best Crew Skills" but the excerpt that matters for this specific subject is:

• Armormech: good for non-force users as you can craft armor while leveling; good for shield/absorb heavy tanks as you can craft augments; good for tanks in general as you can craft "resistive" armorings; OK for DPS and healers as you can craft mastery augments (theorycrafters say otherwise)
  • Armstech: good for non-force users as you can craft weapons and barrels; good for DPS classes as you can craft accuracy and power augments (power augments are good for healers too; but again theorycrafters are saying otherwise). Good for PvPers as you can craft endurance augments
  • Artifice: good for force-users as you can craft lightsabers, lightsaber hilts, Good for one-weapon classes as you can craft off-hand non-weapons (foci, generators, and shields); good for all classes as you can craft color crystals, dye modules, and relics
  • Biochem: good for all classes for stims, medpacs, adrenals, and implants
  • Cybertech: good for all classes for mods, enhancements, and ear pieces
  • Synthweaving: good for force-users as you can craft armor while leveling; good for defense rating heavy tanks as you can craft augments (although all tanks get all the defense rating they need and then some from mods and enhancements). Good for DPS and Healers as you can craft Alacrity and Critical Augments

NOTE: if you want your non-force user to appear like a force-user or vice versa nothing is stopping you from taking Armormech as a Force User or Synthweaving as a Non-Force User.

Recommended Gathering skills by Crafting Skill:

• Artifice and Synthweaving – Archaeology
  • Armstech, Armormech, Cybertech – Scavenging
  • Biochem – Bioanalysis

These gathering skills are the ones that most directly feed the crafting skills. There are a few exceptions but they are rare.

TIP:

Assuming you want to craft for profit... If you do not enjoy farming materials from the field and only want to run missions, best practice is to have 3 gathering characters for every two crafting characters i.e. if you have both an Artificer and Synthweaver, you need THREE archaeology characters (two of which can be the Artificer and Synthweaver) to properly feed those crafting skills. Or if you have a Biochem, and only one Bioanalysis, you will find yourself coming up short on materials, but when you add a second Bioanalysis you will have too many materials

Recommended Mission skills by Crafting skill:

• Artifice – Treasure Hunting (everything but hilts) or Slicing (for Hilts only)
  • Armstech – Investigation (weapons) or Slicing (augments or barrels)
  • Armormech and Synthweaving – Underworld Trading (armor) or Slicing (augments or armorings)
  • Biochem – Diplomacy
  • Cybertech – Underworld Trading (Ear Pieces, Grenades) or Slicing (mods and enhancements)

Since 4.0 Slicing plays a MUCH larger role in crafting commonly desirable goods.

Materials Grades and Planets List:

Grade 1 - Levels 10-16 - Coruscant, Dromund Kaas

Grade 2 - Levels 17-24 - Balmorra (Empire), Nar Shaddaa, Taris (Republic)

Grade 3 - Levels 25-32 - Alderaan, Tatooine

Grade 4 - Levels 33-40 - Balmorra (Republic), Hoth, Quesh, Taris (Empire)

Grade 5 - Levels 41-48 - Belsavis, Voss

Grade 6 - Levels 49-50 - Corellia, Ilum

Grade 7 - Levels 51-55 - CZ-198, Makeb, Oricon

Grade 8 - Levels 56-60 - Rishi, Yavin IV, Ziost

Grade 9 - Levels 61-65 - Zakuul, Darvannis

Grade 10 - Levels 66-70 - Iokath

Materials Grades and Mission costs:

Grade 1 - Rich=600 - Bountiful=386 - Arch Color Crystals=325 - Vendor=10

Grade 2 - Rich=1240 - Bountiful=946 - Arch Color Crystals=725 - Vendor=50

Grade 3 - Rich=1880 - Bountiful=1506 - Arch Color Crystals=1125 - Vendor=100

Grade 4 - Rich=2360 - Bountiful=1960 - Arch Color Crystals=1450 - Vendor=150

Grade 5 - Rich=2760 - Bountiful=2346 - Arch Color Crystals=1700 - Vendor=250

Grade 6 - Rich=3160 - Bountiful=2696 - Arch Color Crystals=1950 - Vendor=186

Grade 7 - Rich=3560 - Bountiful=3046 - Arch Color Crystals=2200 - Vendor=211

Grade 8 - Rich=3960 - Bountiful=3396 - Arch Color Crystals=2450 - Vendor=236

Grade 9 - Rich=4360 - Bountiful=3746 - Arch Color Crystals=2700 - Vendor=261

Grade 10 - Rich=4760 - Bountiful=4096 - Arch Color Crystals=2700 - Vendor=286

NOTE: not every grade of every material has both rich and bountiful missions

NOTE: grades 1-5 it is most time/cost effective to purchase materials from the vendor

"Crafting Components" Naming Conventions by crafting skill:

• Artifice and Synthweaving: <insert power crystal name> <Artifce/Synth> "Bonded Attachment" i.e. Opila Artifice Bonded Attachment
  • Armstech, Armormech, Cybertech: <insert metal name> <skill name minus mech/tech> "Assembly Component" i.e. Farium Cyber Assembly Component
  • Biochem: <insert first word of bioanalysis sample name> "Cell Graft" i.e. Mutagenic Cell Graft.

Lists of Materials by Crew Skill: Sorry this one got too big. Click here to view a spreadsheet with the materials lists

Edited by psandak

• 3 years later...

This is a first for me, I don't normally necro threads....I guess the virus is spreading :p

But anyway, I was just wondering, if this has changed with the implantation of level 11 mats, or is it still current (excluding 11 mats.) And is there a map of the planets, with the best areas to search. I've a vague recollection of one, but I can't find it.

This is a first for me, I don't normally necro threads....I guess the virus is spreading :p

But anyway, I was just wondering, if this has changed with the implantation of level 11 mats, or is it still current (excluding 11 mats.) And is there a map of the planets, with the best areas to search. I've a vague recollection of one, but I can't find it.

Ossus is grade 10 (not listed above).

The only things I know of for where to look are on Yavin and Zakuul:

* Around the temple and training area on Yavin = Archaeology nodes.

* Massassi are beasts and therefore their silver and above are usable by Bioanalysis.

* In the jungly bits of Yavin = plants (Bioanalysis) and some Scav stuff.

* Zakuul ==> Swamp ==> Bioanalysis, some Archaeology

* Zakuul ==> Old World ==> Scavenging

• 1 month later...