Bald Toons Just Aren't It Anymore.

rombabomba

I see this has been addressed by players in the past, when doing a quick google search, but Characters going bald when wearing certain robes just aren't it. Some robes don't really have this problem, as they hang far enough down, but some hover horrendously and awkwardly miles above the forehead, revealing a completely absent hairline, making the character very difficult to look at and truly being immersed by the game.

I get that it definitely is not priority right now, given the numerous bugs 7.0 brought, but being kept in mind would help. Cause Damn, bald people do be slaying, but not when they had hair 2 seconds ago.

The problem isn't *robes*, but any chest armour that has an "up" hood, robe or not.
Actually, it's pretty much anything that covers your head, including hats: There is a lot of headgear that causes your character to go conspicuously bald when you don it even though it just sits on top of your head (like the standard 'cap' for imperial Agents).

I presume the issue is that leaving the hair visible will cause it to 'clip' through your outfit pieces: Getting this to work would probably require custom models for each possible hair style + outfit piece style interaction...

Actually, it's pretty much anything that covers your head, including hats: There is a lot of headgear that causes your character to go conspicuously bald when you don it even though it just sits on top of your head (like the standard 'cap' for imperial Agents).

I presume the issue is that leaving the hair visible will cause it to 'clip' through your outfit pieces: Getting this to work would probably require custom models for each possible hair style + outfit piece style interaction...

Maybe. After all, nothing stops them putting in a sort of "under-hat" hair that matches your selected hair colour, but doesn't clip anywhere. Here's my character in The Secret World without her hat: https://i.imgur.com/Laib8LB.jpg and here she is *with* her hat https://i.imgur.com/JPVIvtG.jpg - note that her "hair" in the hat picture matches the colour of her actual hair even though the ponytail has gone missing.