[How to] Mouse look toggle

Deewe

Hey, Deewe. I know you mentioned earlier the script can turn the steer function on and off without needing to keep the button held down but is there a way to hold down the right mouse button to move and steer with the mouse then stop when released?

I tried getting use to just holding down both left and right mouse buttons but it affects my precision and more importantly causes me strain. Toggling auto-run is okay for general travel across a zone but doesn't work well in FP/OP/WZ's. I have a mouse with numerous buttons which has some key binding and macro software but no matter how I try to configure it, I can't get it to function properly. Is there a way?

Thanks.

I wonder why do you want to hold down the button to move and steer, would it not be better to hit (say) RMB to move and steer and then hit it again (or something else) to stop moving and steering?

To me seems being required to hold down a button adds stress to the hand?

Let me know and I'll try to figure out something for you.

Edited by Deewe
  • Like 1

K just tested it and here's your RMB mouse autorun + mouse steer :)

Thread, interrupt, 0
;
RButton::
Thread, Priority, 2147483647
Send {NumLock} 
GetKeyState, State, RButton
if state=U
 Click Down Right
else
 Click Up Right
Return
;

** You have to bind autorun to Numlock or edit the code accordingly.

Here's the code to have the mouse look and steer on the mouse button 4

Thread, interrupt, 0
;
XButton1::
Thread, Priority, 2147483647
Send {NumLock} 
GetKeyState, State, RButton
if state=U
 Click Down Right
else
 Click Up Right
Return
;

Never thought about coupling the two and already loving it!

I wonder why do you want to hold down the button to move and steer, would it not be better to hit (say) RMB to move and steer and then hit it again (or something else) to stop moving and steering?

To me seems being required to hold down a button adds stress to the hand?

Let me know and I'll try to figure out something for you.

Personally, it just feels natural to me using the right mouse button to move and steer with the button held down and stopping with a release. You're probably right about there being some stress but for me it's only noticeable when using both my index and middle finger to maneuver instead of just using the middle one. Also, I experience a significant delay in reacting to stuff in-game when I have to toggle on auto-run, navigate to where I want to go, then toggle off the auto-run.

If I can get the right mouse button move and steer functioning on my setup, I'll be a happy camper. All my movement will be facilitated on my mouse and I'll only be using the keyboard for abilities. Just to confirm, I only need to implement the first script you posted to achieve this?...the second script (4th mouse button) is something optional and not necessarily part of it, right?

Appreciate it, Deewe! :)

Hello there,

you only need the first script. If you'd rather I can email to you the already compiled file. Just PM me with an email address.

I can add some other key tweaking or rebinding if you need.

Just let me know.

Hey there,

seems the PM I sent to you was lost ;)

Anyway here's a link to the compiled version: Clicky

It works fine on my side so maybe it's due to a specific key mapping. However as the devs have hard coded specific actions on right mouse too sometimes the macro works halfay...

So you have to reset it. If I remember well simply hit numlock and then it will work back fine.

It's like syncing both functions.

Let me know how it goes

Hey there,

seems the PM I sent to you was lost ;)

Anyway here's a link to the compiled version: Clicky

It works fine on my side so maybe it's due to a specific key mapping. However as the devs have hard coded specific actions on right mouse too sometimes the macro works halfay...

So you have to reset it. If I remember well simply hit numlock and then it will work back fine.

It's like syncing both functions.

Let me know how it goes

Oops, I checked but first time using the PM looked like I hadn't received one until I rechecked as you mentioned.

I tried your compiled version. Still works the same way I mentioned before. I even tried re-syncing with toggling NumLock on the keyboard manually but no luck.

Appreciate the help just the same. :) I'll try and muck around with it some more to see if something clicks and will post if I get it to work. Otherwise, I'll just have pass on trying to get this setting to work for now.

Tried again and it works fine on my side.

I wonder if you're running the macro with administrator privileges as mentioned in the OP.

When you launch the macro and get back in game you should see a loading splash screen. It's the proof the macro is being activated with admin privileges. Without it the macro seems enabled but does nothing.

If it's till not the case then guess you have some specific UI settings like click on ground to unselect a target or key-bindings that are conflicting.

Let me know how it goes, I have to admit I'm bit puzzled here.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...