Returning player which class is just simply 'the best'

Konta_Takuto

• 2 weeks later...
Objectively it is just Powertech/Vanguard. Just checkout parsley for top parse (not dummy but raid bosses). The Tank is also rly strong with the correct set as a 2. Tank. Rebounder can be an insane Utility, overall Pt is the strongest and marauder probably 2. strongest

• 2 weeks later...
I know every class is viable and has a place but I just want your opinion of what class you think is 'the best' like if you had to play one class for the rest of your playtime in the game which would it be?

Opinion: TK sage.

Pros:

1. I don't recall running all over creation in the consular story as much as I do for some other class stories

2. Has self-heals and nice simple dps rotation and I'm partial toward ranged DPS

3. It feels more Star-Warsy than most other classes

4. Fits in well with the KOTFE/KOTET lines (I think JK fits the best given its original class story)

Cons:

1. The ever-dying Yuon Paar wilting on the vine for half a class story drags, she's definitely spacebar-worthy

2. Massive inconsistencies/disparities for story-telling's sake for what the consular can and cannot do over time

3. Both Nolan North and Athena Karkanis should've consumed 2 pints of coffee before recording any lines

4. Not unique to the TK class story, but many dark-side class story options are simply snarky rather than truly evil

5. Writers intentionally ignoring force capabilities for plot twists (like not sensing Nadia Grell is force-sensitive)

6. Like many others, character has no long-term internal struggle that would deepen it, merely reacts to externals

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I know every class is viable and has a place but I just want your opinion of what class you think is 'the best' like if you had to play one class for the rest of your playtime in the game which would it be?

There is no single 'best at everything' class.

All classes are viable for all content except maybe ranked pvp and NIM ops where some will be much better off than others.

That excepted it really depends on what you like..

Sniper:

+ surprisingly sturdy and probably the fastest of all classes in dealing with trash mobs in pve.

+ if you still have to play it agent storyline is still the best imo

+ quite easy rotation, not overly 'clickety', somewhat relaxed gameplay compared to fi agent or maurader

- limited variety. You can chose between being a dps, dps or dps. Need andother char if you want to try a hand at tanking or healing. Note that being able to tank or heal also makes grouping significantly easier for some content.

Operative

+ stealth allows you to avoid a lot of trash mobs in pve

+ can dps or heal

+ great for 1-1 pvp

+ also has agent storyline

- very 'clickety gameplay', not relaxed at all imo

- for healer (and selfhealing) I really dislike the constant management of the hots though I guess some may like it I just find it annoying

aso aso

also in a few weeks all will be completely different anyways with 7.0...

If you want a serious answer to your question:

- There is no 'the best'

- You will have to be a bit more specific about what type of content you prefer and how intense a player you are/ playstyle you are looking for (eg a more relaxed vs a more intense clicking experience, able to take on different roles or just dps for life...)

Ignoring the objective question about which class is best and focusing on the supplemental question of which one I would choose if I had to be restricted to only one for the rest of my time playing...

Based on Combat Style, I'd choose Sniper. I like its mix of ranged attacks and crowd control abilities.

Going by Origin, it would have to be the Bounty Hunter, it just appeals to me down in my heart...

• 3 months later...
Sith Inquisitor Assassin. Great story, great fighting and stealth. I actually switched my Dark Side Sorc to Assassin as her secondary combat style and play mostly that and have a light side Assassin as well. Edited by __andrea__

If I could only play one class from here out, I'd still pick bounty hunter / powertech (my main since launch).

Thematically, it's just leagues ahead of the others, and has always been my favorite.

• 2 weeks later...

Assassin/Shadow or Powertech/Vanguard, since they are both great DPS and have tank specs. Marauder/Sentinel if you want to just play as DPS.

If you must do ranged, then Sniper/Sharpshooter. Mercenary/Commando is currently trash, Sage/Sorc are average.

What do I play? In 1.0 I was a PT, and remained so until 3.0. After that I was a Merc. Now, I'm going back to PT.

Edited by HungryThirstyFoo

• 2 weeks later...

Alot of it comes down to the mirror aesthetics depending on what you like.

-Case above, I'm the opposite. Assassin's lightning sparks just don't do it for me compared to Shadow's BOULDER TO THE FACE

-On the other hand, Sorc wins it over Sage in my eyes