Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changes and New Features in 7.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Changes and New Features in 7.0
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xordevoreaux
11.10.2021 , 01:54 PM | #361
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Sora View Post
I just said that I doubted C.M played the game at all after I felt he/she doubted I played the game recently and completely missed the point of why this new update annoyed me a lot.
Keep rewording your last post all you want, but if you need to stay annoyed, throw your annoyance at me.
About my SWTOR guilds
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

Talon_Sora
11.10.2021 , 01:59 PM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
If you need to stay annoyed, throw your annoyance at me.
Ok then. I'm annoyed when people are basically invalidating my opinion if it's negative. I'm annoyed when I answer comments people see it as "personal attacks" or just saying "you're just trying to find excuses to be pissed" (it didn't happened here but it was today and it's still fresh in my mind). I'm annoyed that people are completely missing the point on why I'm annoyed I won't be able to play with my favorite armors/weapons anymore since Mods won't be accessible without playing missions I can't even participate to (due to toxic players or lack of players period when I play). I'm annoyed that I feel Bioware is basically making me re-learn how to play what was one of my favorite Star Wars games until now.

Happy?

xordevoreaux
11.10.2021 , 02:00 PM | #363
Ok then. I'm annoyed when people are basically invalidating my opinion if it's negative. I'm annoyed when I answer comments people see it as "personal attacks" or just saying "you're just trying to find excuses to be pissed" (it didn't happened here but it was today and it's still fresh in my mind). I'm annoyed that people are completely missing the point on why I'm annoyed I won't be able to play with my favorite armors/weapons anymore since Mods won't be accessible without playing missions I can't even participate to (due to toxic players or lack of players period when I play). I'm annoyed that I feel Bioware is basically making me re-learn how to play what was one of my favorite Star Wars games until now.

Happy?
Much better. Just keep it on me and we'll be fine.
About my SWTOR guilds
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

Talon_Sora
11.10.2021 , 02:05 PM | #364
To change the discussion a little, after the 7.0 update is out, what would you recommand as a new character to test the new stuff?

xKurisaki
11.10.2021 , 03:42 PM | #365
I'm annoyed that people are completely missing the point on why I'm annoyed I won't be able to play with my favorite armors/weapons anymore since Mods won't be accessible without playing missions I can't even participate to (due to toxic players or lack of players period when I play). I'm annoyed that I feel Bioware is basically making me re-learn how to play what was one of my favorite Star Wars games until now.

Happy?
I hope this doesn’t come stand-off’ish but why do you make it sound like they’re removing modded gear entirely?
Quote:
Players will still be able to use moddable gear, but this type of gear is not required for players to be effective in any content in the game.
This doesn’t imply the removal of moddable gear from the game, it just implies that it’s not “the best” for content. There is the Outfit Designer for your favorite armors and weapons if it bothers you that much.

I am annoyed that BioWare is giving us fixed stat values themselves rather than giving us the freedom to allocate them ourselves to begin with, but this wouldn’t be the driving factor with relearning the game. If you’re a solo/casual player with absolutely no interest in the hard content, then you will be fine with your regular routine even without the “best in slot” gear. If gearing is your driving force in this game, then I can see why BioWare would incentivize the diminishing raiding/pvp community by adding gear.

Though I will say, I think everyones complaints are valid and this is certainly bold of BioWare to implement this many changes at once but aside from that, it’s just another expansion learning curve that everyone will get used to— like in any other expansion.

Rion_Starkiller
11.10.2021 , 03:46 PM | #366
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Agreed, it is ChrisS. And is also the only reason I use those Discords as well to find out stuff BioWare doesn’t release here or to get clarification when forum posts are vague.
What’s interesting is Chris won’t confirm or deny that only Operations players will ever have access to the mods vendor. And I think he isn’t allowed to say. Which leads back to my previous post that I believe BioWare’s intention is that non ops players won’t have access to that vendor.
I just wish BioWare or Chris would confirm or deny it so we can all stop arguing with each other.
Maybe there will be a currency conversion vendor.
Beruhl (ง︡'-'︠)ง ~ ADAL-IstyanFiend
8 pugs and a grophet Show Me Your Rage
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

Talon_Sora
11.10.2021 , 04:38 PM | #367
Quote: Originally Posted by xKurisaki View Post
I hope this doesn’t come stand-off’ish but why do you make it sound like they’re removing modded gear entirely?

This doesn’t imply the removal of moddable gear from the game, it just implies that it’s not “the best” for content. There is the Outfit Designer for your favorite armors and weapons if it bothers you that much.

I am annoyed that BioWare is giving us fixed stat values themselves rather than giving us the freedom to allocate them ourselves to begin with, but this wouldn’t be the driving factor with relearning the game. If you’re a solo/casual player with absolutely no interest in the hard content, then you will be fine with your regular routine even without the “best in slot” gear. If gearing is your driving force in this game, then I can see why BioWare would incentivize the diminishing raiding/pvp community by adding gear.

Though I will say, I think everyones complaints are valid and this is certainly bold of BioWare to implement this many changes at once but aside from that, it’s just another expansion learning curve that everyone will get used to— like in any other expansion.
The moddable stuff will now only be available for those playing Operations, the 334 stuff what. It's as if you removed mods and equipments that use them from the game to people who don't play to Operations.

That and the fact that mods vendors on the fleet are being removed to make place for the new "Decurion" vendors.

Lyriel
11.10.2021 , 05:04 PM | #368
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Maybe there will be a currency conversion vendor.
Maybe unicorns will fly down from the sky and drop goodies into our inventory... I mean, anyone can make up a possible solution. The only people who can actually tell us are BW.

They have provided all kinds of information on the currencies required for each gear silo. Not once have they even hinted at the ability to convert those currencies. The only thing they have offered is that if you do, say, a FP in Conquest gear and a better irating FP piece drops you can equip it in place of the lower irating gear from Conquest. The path for upgrading that new piece of FP gear is still only available from the FP gear vendor for the requisite mats. They haven't changed any of their wording about how that works.

Now if they would just come out and say that is their plan, that when other gear avenues can reach the magical 334 irating there will be a way to use the new (non-Ops) currencies to obtain mods, that would be something I think people could get behind (especially if they could also give a general ballpark figure of how long that wait might be).
"I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent—usually from warriors."
―Carth Onasi, hero of the Republic

Talon_Sora
11.10.2021 , 05:08 PM | #369
I think I also remember Bioware saying the focus will now be on non-moddable gear and mods will only be available for the highest tier of equipment.

Unless vullk.com and the many forum topics about 7.0 gear are not a reliable source and the multiple videos on YouTube on the subject are fake, this is unfortunately happening.

kimiko_tomiyama
11.11.2021 , 11:35 PM | #370
I swear this whole gearing change smacks of create a problem, then offer a solution in the cash shop.