Subscriber/Legendary Player Reward

MarAmin

This might be too much or not. But to add a special reward to those that manage to finish all stories on all characters and are subscribers.

I thought up a nice reward limited for a time period like a week and to a certain amount of objects like 30.

You get 50% percent off collection unlocking.

Pros for Bioware.

It's for subscribers so they don't lose out that much, and it's another reason to subscribe.

Another reason to reach legendary player status.

More players get invested in the game, story, time, and moneywise too.

So it's mostly positive.

What do you guys think?

It's a great idea that won't happen. Here's why:

Collection unlocks are tied to Cartel Coins...which are tied to actual money. Making things cheaper is a foreign concept to the powers that be.

I'm not necessarily saying that it's an evil thing, because they gotta make money...but...we all know who Bioware's daddy is, and we all know where that road leads. Give it another year or two, and they'll be charging Cartel Coins for forum posts if they think they can get away with it.

Sure, but you are forgetting they already have 50% off collection unlocks once in a while for everyone, they just had it again in May. But with my idea they don't have to do it again, just for subscribers who have achieved legendary status, which are few players relatively speaking. So they actually would make a profit on it, if you are willing to do the math.

They wouldn't really receive pushback either because the 50% off is so rare. But if you are willing to invest in the game you can get. Again limited time or limited amount of items for subs who achieved legendary status. What info do you have that they would lose on it when they already have 50% off collection unlocks once in a while for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
This might be too much or not. But to add a special reward to those that manage to finish all stories on all characters and are subscribers.

I thought up a nice reward limited for a time period like a week and to a certain amount of objects like 30.

You get 50% percent off collection unlocking.

Pros for Bioware.

It's for subscribers so they don't lose out that much, and it's another reason to subscribe.

Another reason to reach legendary player status.

More players get invested in the game, story, time, and moneywise too.

So it's mostly positive.

What do you guys think?

I can agree with this. Subscribers have already shown a willingness to spend money on the game. Therefore, you would need to calculate the price point at which you could get the subscriber to spend more money. I think with the current price point, there's little incentive for a subscriber to spend more money unless they felt that they were getting a significant discount over others, simple consumerism. However, how many subscribers are there versus how much more time could be spent entices F2P into endless micro-transactions. Which is the bigger bang for the buck?

I often feel like the older items should slowly reduce the unlock price, as they become less desirable. For me, 400 is often too much, unless I see an immediate need (like when I got the Satele Shan or Darth Malgus training holos, and wanted them on other characters right away). I often stick to the 260 and below unlocks.

That being said, I would definitely go for this option, as I have obtained Legendary on three servers (but merged into two), and have subscribed since Jan '11, and was in the beta before that.

Edited by WHTJunior

... SNIP ...

What do you guys think?

By saying "manage to finish", you make it sound like finishing all eight class stories is *hard*. It's not.

By saying "manage to finish", you make it sound like finishing all eight class stories is *hard*. It's not.

I think they're suggesting the reward being granted after completing each main story and all expansions eight times over.