Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

why is the deserter lockout still present in regs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
why is the deserter lockout still present in regs?

Ibokagain's Avatar


Ibokagain
06.02.2021 , 05:35 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I played most of yesterday solo an didn't come across any noticeable premades. The minute I formed a group I ran into a premade every match and we were only a group of 3 people. This has been my experience every time I run a group. See for yourself sometime if you don't believe me.

Despite what you want to believe, the system does prioritize group vs group before putting group vs soio.
The "system" as you call it does not do this. swtors queue system is very basic it matches up the first 8/16 folks and then dumps them into random wz's. The system doesn't have that much logic to it.

Ibokagain's Avatar


Ibokagain
06.02.2021 , 05:41 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by ALaggyGrunt View Post
They don't have the right to premade, though. This may in fact break ToS:



If they can't run groups in lowbies without thoroughly ruining the experience for everyone else, they need to not run groups in lowbies at all. If they continue to make the game a worse place just for the sake of knowing they ruined someone's day, well... that's why there's the banhammer.

I personally think it's good that they're teaching the lowbies what PvP is all about and where it always goes, but I guess I'm just jaded and cynical.
Being in a premade for pvp is not a breach of TOS for swtor.

"Interfere with or disrupt another player's use of an EA Service. This includes disrupting the normal flow of game play, chat or dialogue within an EA Service by, for example, using vulgar or harassing language, being abusive, excessive shouting (all caps), spamming, flooding or hitting the return key repeatedly."

From what was quoted above - unless they are using vulgar, harassing language, being abusive (in chat), shouting (all caps), spamming, flooding or hitting the return key repeatedly in chat.

These comments made my day against TOS lol

Ibokagain's Avatar


Ibokagain
06.02.2021 , 05:42 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
That is the biggest stretch of nonsense I've ever seen lol.
I don't really agree with you about much at all. However, this statement is def spot on.

Ibokagain's Avatar


Ibokagain
06.02.2021 , 05:44 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
I am pretty much at the point with bioware as I am with politicians. How do you know a politician is lying? The politician is speaking.

Sometimes what you believe bears out. Sometimes not. It feels like all too often it does not. Whatever system is in place is not good enough. As we have commented earlier, fewer, higher quality games are preferable to most than faster, lower quality beat-downs. I don't mind losing too much. I DO mind premades that spawn camp and number farm. It is obnoxious.
You are def correct in the fact that swtors pvp queue system is a joke. It doesn't account for premades, non premades, tanks, healers on one team and not the other. There is no logical match making whatsoever.

Sappharan's Avatar


Sappharan
06.02.2021 , 06:54 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Despite what you want to believe, the system does prioritize group vs group before putting group vs soio.
Do you start with a conclusion and then gather evidence to support it? I don't. It is good policy to gather evidence first and then draw a conclusion based upon the facts. I don't have evidence enough to tell determine what is going on, and it would be myopic to suggest otherwise. I am also not going to accept at face value what the developers claim when my experience is often very different. If you can find an instance where I have stated, unequivocally, that the system does or does not do [X], please find it. It would surprise me if you could find something as I seldom converse or write in absolutes.

A few nights ago I ran into the same premade for 4 games, then I changed characters and did not run into them. I was solo queuing the whole time. Since January I have not grouped with anyone for PvP. When I do, it is usually just one other person, and only for a game or two. Perhaps it does prioritize as you suggest, but it does a piss poor job of it.

Ibokagain's Avatar


Ibokagain
06.02.2021 , 07:04 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
Do you start with a conclusion and then gather evidence to support it? I don't. It is good policy to gather evidence first and then draw a conclusion based upon the facts. I don't have evidence enough to tell determine what is going on, and it would be myopic to suggest otherwise. I am also not going to accept at face value what the developers claim when my experience is often very different. If you can find an instance where I have stated, unequivocally, that the system does or does not do [X], please find it. It would surprise me if you could find something as I seldom converse or write in absolutes.

A few nights ago I ran into the same premade for 4 games, then I changed characters and did not run into them. I was solo queuing the whole time. Since January I have not grouped with anyone for PvP. When I do, it is usually just one other person, and only for a game or two. Perhaps it does prioritize as you suggest, but it does a piss poor job of it.
that person is a troll, I actually know folks that work, and have worked with Bioware on swtor and the queue system that is in place isn't complex and logical like know it all thinks.

And yes the current queue system is bad, it can def use a logical update.

Sappharan's Avatar


Sappharan
06.02.2021 , 09:23 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Ibokagain View Post
that person is a troll, I actually know folks that work, and have worked with Bioware on swtor and the queue system that is in place isn't complex and logical like know it all thinks.

And yes the current queue system is bad, it can def use a logical update.
Respectfully, I disagree. He fundamentally believes that regs are better off as they are and does not care for, or consider, opposing points of view. Some probably fear our complaints will have an impact and are therefore arguing strenuously against reverting to the old system. I can understand their fears, but imo regs are demonstrably worse than they were before.

What irks me is when it is claimed that someone who dislikes the deserter debuff is automatically the person who abandons games as soon as they do not go favorably. That is absurd. I categorically refute that assertion. If that were the case my valor across all characters would be a LOT lower. I have a character with over 43k kills and only 200 or so wins. That is because she is republic, the overwhelming majority of her kills and warzones were at a time when republic and imperial queues were separated and, if anyone recalls, the republic had a very tough time obtaining wins. It is not just toward me that this accusation has been leveled.

I see just as many deserters now as ever before. What is more, I am getting even more backfills than ever before. I had three in a row the other night. Ludicrous.

My experience is that the queue system favors fast games over quality games. He may be right that the system is supposed to do as he claims, but it seems to be skewed heavily toward rapid queues, i.e. quantity over quality. It should be quality over quantity. When I played wow 14 years ago and BC was the first expansion, you could wait 10 or more minutes for a battleground. That did not bother me too much. I would be willing to wait that long for balanced, quality matches, honestly.

I almost don't have a stake in this fight because I seldom do regs anymore. I am trying (and failing) to learn the ranked craft. The games are more enjoyable (though a lot more toxic), and the queues happen frequently.

CheesyEZ's Avatar


CheesyEZ
06.03.2021 , 10:13 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
What irks me is when it is claimed that someone who dislikes the deserter debuff is automatically the person who abandons games as soon as they do not go favorably.
honestly, in VS, when I jump down east and less than 30 seconds has passed when the alert sounds that the west door has been planted, I'm gone. that level of incompetence is not worth my time or effort.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
06.03.2021 , 11:03 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by CheesyEZ View Post
honestly, in VS, when I jump down east and less than 30 seconds has passed when the alert sounds that the west door has been planted, I'm gone. that level of incompetence is not worth my time or effort.
Plenty of times I've won games like that.

CheesyEZ's Avatar


CheesyEZ
06.03.2021 , 11:16 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Plenty of times I've won games like that.
didn't ask. don't care.