Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

joeypesci
12.13.2011 , 10:37 AM | #2491
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeryko View Post
People are forgetting (or just want to argue) that you didn't pay for early access. You paid for a pre-order, that is, a reservation for a copy of the game - digital or not.

-Everything- else, is a BONUS.
I'm not arguing and I'm not crying and I'm not gonna go mental at Bioware but I disagree with that. The incentive and advertisement of pre-order was "Early Access".

However, I think the issue they are experiencing now hopefully means launch will be smooth as the issues with be ironed out. But still disagree with you. If you offer early access, then you need to be able to provide it otherwise it could be classed as false advertisement. Not a major deal but someone would maybe try and take it further.

But people seem to forget they'd probably be sitting for hours in a queue on the servers and then they'd be moaning about that. So don't think Bioware could win whatever they did.

RubberDoll
12.13.2011 , 10:37 AM | #2492
Quote: Originally Posted by spne View Post
The funniest thing is that some people that pre-ordered AFTER July are ingame. Saw a screenshot of a friend and he IS playing and he pre-ordered it in september.
Ppl from late Nov are in game playing

Hamoct
12.13.2011 , 10:37 AM | #2493
Yet again Europeans are screwed. Thanks.

potroast
12.13.2011 , 10:37 AM | #2494
Quote: Originally Posted by Regergek View Post
Are you FOCKING stupid?WE PAID EXTRA MONEY FOR IT, we aren't going to *********** "appreciate the possibility" WE PAID
http://www.chanstickers.com/sites/de...distrength.gif

ruktuim
12.13.2011 , 10:37 AM | #2495
Only 4 Waves planned for today is really playing it on the safe side.

I think their playing it a bit more conservatively than a lot of us would hope for.

OGBilly
12.13.2011 , 10:37 AM | #2496
Hi all,

Just got home from work but have to go xmas shopping i tried to register and put in my code from my pre-order, however, i am getting the message that the code has already been used.

Apologies for not reading all the posts but i'm already in the dog house for typing this much as i am 'wasting' shopping time. I don't think my wife realises that her 'shopping' is interfering with my game playing time.

Any help would be great and i will check back when i get back tonight.

may the force be with us!

Cannyone
12.13.2011 , 10:37 AM | #2497
Quote: Originally Posted by Conindy View Post
4 waves planned and they are on 3...great work so far..

but why only 4 waves planned....wouldnt you have a larger plan in mind considering how well the servers held up on the beta weekends?
First off, if they have only "4 waves" for the first day they are STUPID. And SR posting crap like that is inflammatory. If BioWare can't find people who understand PR better than that they're in for trouble.

Still I really seems the Invites are sporadic at best. And the one guildmate of mine, who is still currently playing, never got an "invite". So something is messed up.

Zorlok
12.13.2011 , 10:37 AM | #2498
I'm not pissed and i think thats its prolly a good idea that they are doing the staggered access. However i do wish they would give a little more info like what date they are at. if i woulda understood how they were doing it i woulda got some more sleep instead of checking my email every 5 minutes

gingerjooce
12.13.2011 , 10:37 AM | #2499
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiralyon View Post
Not totally true, I pre-ordered CE in July, I'm not in yet.
Same here and I'm not in yet either.
Gingerjooce, SMD Gaming Admin
(Sempafi99) Proud Owner of The Old Republic CE

LHOWON
12.13.2011 , 10:37 AM | #2500
Quote: Originally Posted by harveyDTH View Post
27/07 for me, but I'm British and class my self as scum so wouldn't expect to get in
I still <3 you!