Problem with the launcher

DralGalaar

I have a problem with the launcher, namely after clicking the icon nothing happens, I do not see the login menu. After clicking again, the message "Only a single instance of this application can run" pops up. Anyone had a similar problem? The FixLauncher used did not help.

I have seen that happen in the past but I couldn't say why or what the solution was. Have you tried restarting the computer? (preferably a cold boot)

BTW - the "only a single instance" means that the Launcher, or some part of it, is running, but it's not displaying.

Edited by JediQuaker

It can hang like this if either the swtor.exe file is running but the program is not visible or if bitraider is already running but stalled out. Quaker is correct that a reboot can put you back to a place where you can launch your game. You can also go to task manager and see what processes are hanging up and end them from there to try to re-launch.

If it happens frequently running the repair tool can be useful.

I'm seldom going to tell people to update their drivers for errors with this game after seeing 4 game updates that broke playability just because people got new driver updates. To tell the truth the game still doesn't work right on many radion graphics cards due to the way anti-aliasing is handled and how it interacts with the graphics driver.

I'm seldom going to tell people to update their drivers for errors with this game after seeing 4 game updates that broke playability just because people got new driver updates. To tell the truth the game still doesn't work right on many radion graphics cards due to the way anti-aliasing is handled and how it interacts with the graphics driver.

1. My advice was to update ALL drivers, not just the graphics driver - in fact, most often it's not the graphics driver that is the problem. It's the other ones - chipset, audio, LAN, etc - that people don't usually think about.

2. I haven't heard of any specific problems with Radeon drivers, but that doesn't mean there aren't any. :)

My R9 390 works fine.

The R series of graphics chips work just fine. I just gave an R9 something or other (out of my spare parts bin) to my brother in law to use until his replacement gpu comes in. It's the later stuff like the RX line and newer that have issues and I don't know if it is the way radion is writing the graphics drivers or if it has to do with the changes to open gl standards but there is something with the newer chips that disagrees with the game.