State of the game after 9.5 years, launcher woes.

grovernors

Is there a better solution?

I am a pre purchase player that has come back after about 3 years. Firstly it took me 3 days to download the game with all the crashes, repairs and install freezes. When I install larger files from Steam, Epic, etc.. it takes a fraction of the time and never crashes. Now today the first patch day since Ive been back and my update is taking 3 hours and counting with multiple errors freezing, restarts and repairs.

The game is good and I have a lot of new content to explore. It just makes me angry that this subscription game is still being updating like a game from 20 years ago.

So to wrap it up for any corporate people that may read this. The state of the game after 9.5 years is still problematic at best even for experienced players. That essentially the launcher is driving customers away before they can even play. If you want to make $$ your launcher should not need multiple workarounds to get the file installed.

I've never had any problems installing the game, even on a 2011 potato PC. It is, however, slower than even *slow* mud to install and to add patches.

Of course, if you install the Steam version (and link your SWTOR account to Steam), SWTOR is installed and updated by the Steam client itself, and goes like greased owl (...) compared to SWTOR's own launcher/installer.

I've never had any problems installing the game, even on a 2011 potato PC. It is, however, slower than even *slow* mud to install and to add patches.

Of course, if you install the Steam version (and link your SWTOR account to Steam), SWTOR is installed and updated by the Steam client itself, and goes like greased owl (...) compared to SWTOR's own launcher/installer.

Greased owl third party to the rescue, woot hoot. lol

Thanks