Biochem+what?

Nortumberland

Hello!

Returning player here. I have 2 chars (main+alt). I want to have Biochem on my main for reusables. Will pick Bioanalyses ofc. Shall I get Diplomacy for an alt since it is a mission skill? If so, shall I pick Slice or Scavenge instead om main? Mb could pack Amror/Amrs/Cyber+Underworld+Diplo on alt and supply it with Scavenge than? Would appreciate an up-2-date advice, please!

Thank you!

Hello!

Returning player here. I have 2 chars (main+alt). I want to have Biochem on my main for reusables. Will pick Bioanalyses ofc. Shall I get Diplomacy for an alt since it is a mission skill? If so, shall I pick Slice or Scavenge instead om main? Mb could pack Amror/Amrs/Cyber+Underworld+Diplo on alt and supply it with Scavenge than? Would appreciate an up-2-date advice, please!

Thank you!

There's *no* benefit for the main in picking Scavenging. None. (Pedantry: you can use it to raise the Influence of your companions, but there's no direct *crew*skill* benefit.) Your choice should be between Diplomacy and Slicing. Remember: mission skills provide materials, and Diplomacy materials are required for *all* ranks of Biochemistry, and for nothing else.

Slicing on *a* character is useful because all the crafting crew skills require Slicing materials at higher levels.

Apart from that, you might at least *consider* training the alt in three gathering skills.

And none of the above advice is *new*. I would have said the same thing in 2015, say.

with so few chars, learning to craft reusables would be foolish from a financial perspective, you can simply just get your biochem to 700 by crafting the bonded attachments and then buy the reusable from GTN. your second and third crew skill won't matter much but i would probably advise picking two gathering skills you can harvest nodes while levelling/doing open-world content and sell on gtn/use to craft

bioanalysis and scavenging are probably good picks, but so would a lot of others be as well, pick whatever you want :)