Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What GSF REALLY needs

DarkTergon
06.20.2021 , 03:03 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CyorReco View Post
I'd like see us get one of the companions from the crew. Maybe Ashy on pub side or Writch Hurley on imp side.

Structure it just like the pvp comps Lt Pierce or M1-4x, where you need to complete a certain number of matches to get the companion, and similarly we earn influence for each GSF match and double for each win.

At least maybe let us earn some influence on some companion like Yuun, if we can't get one the gsf crew companions.
As long as it's complete, and not win
Beware, my friends, as you pass by. As you are now, so once was I
As I'm now, so you must be. Prepare, my friends, to follow me

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”

ceryxp
06.20.2021 , 04:35 PM | #12
What GSF really needs...

Is a way to zoom out that damn camera because I am tired of running into things because that damn camera is right up my ships exhaust. Yes, I know about holding F.

Also decorations. I will almost never disagree with more decorations.
≈~≈~≈~≈~≈ ≈~≈~≈~≈~≈ ≈~≈~≈~≈~≈ ≈~≈~≈~≈~≈ ≈~≈~≈~≈~≈ ≈~≈~≈~≈~≈
Just your average, opinionated, disabled, queer gaymer.

TrixxieTriss
06.21.2021 , 12:02 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
What GSF really needs...

Is a way to zoom out that damn camera because I am tired of running into things because that damn camera is right up my ships exhaust. Yes, I know about holding F.
10000000% agree with this. I’d also like to be able to look left and right and up and down. Also a map that lets you zoom in more or zoom out more.

It’s why I always wanted joystick support so I could use my “hotus” and mini stick on the top to look around.
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a “How to PvP Guide”

Ttoilleekul
06.21.2021 , 01:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
10000000% agree with this. I’d also like to be able to look left and right and up and down. Also a map that lets you zoom in more or zoom out more.

It’s why I always wanted joystick support so I could use my “hotus” and mini stick on the top to look around.
Can't help you with zooming, but you can look in different directions. Go to the starfighter keybindings under Prefs, and then to targeting, and you will see there is a series of "Quick Look" keys. These keybinds let you look in any direction. I have re-assigned them to keys that are more natural for me to use, and a 12 button mouse certainly helps a lot in this respect. Also "C" is super helpful. I think its called "Target Camera"? I've kept that one bound to C. What it does is flick the camera view around to look at your target, wherever they happen to be. You can see in my videos I use that one a lot. It really helps for evading and counter flying.

You can also adjust the mini-map for size in UI settings, if that would help you with wanting to zoom in and out on the map.

A quick comment on zooming out though - I don't think I would really want that, as it would make target's look further away. Once you progress to the point that you are looking at actual ships on your screen, not just red circles - something you develop with Scout flying - you use the ship as a gauge for when to start shooting. Ie, if you can't see the ship in its shape and form, don't shoot. Zooming out would make the ship seem smaller again, and thereby would effect my judgement of my distance to them.
-Luc Nodaro
Link to My Youtube channel for GSF
Always happy to offer coaching / training for GSF.

TrixxieTriss
06.21.2021 , 02:36 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ttoilleekul View Post
Can't help you with zooming, but you can look in different directions. Go to the starfighter keybindings under Prefs, and then to targeting, and you will see there is a series of "Quick Look" keys. These keybinds let you look in any direction. I have re-assigned them to keys that are more natural for me to use, and a 12 button mouse certainly helps a lot in this respect. Also "C" is super helpful. I think its called "Target Camera"? I've kept that one bound to C. What it does is flick the camera view around to look at your target, wherever they happen to be. You can see in my videos I use that one a lot. It really helps for evading and counter flying.

You can also adjust the mini-map for size in UI settings, if that would help you with wanting to zoom in and out on the map.

A quick comment on zooming out though - I don't think I would really want that, as it would make target's look further away. Once you progress to the point that you are looking at actual ships on your screen, not just red circles - something you develop with Scout flying - you use the ship as a gauge for when to start shooting. Ie, if you can't see the ship in its shape and form, don't shoot. Zooming out would make the ship seem smaller again, and thereby would effect my judgement of my distance to them.
Yeah, already done all of that. I’m talking more ability to look around and zoom out. Plus the ability to zoom right in on that mini map with more details. The map itself is no better than a 1980/90s arcade map.

Edit:
I play flight sims that can zoom out in third person and look around in first person. I’ve no problems with targeting in those sims, so I don’t see that being an issue for targeting. I’m not sure if you’ve ever played World or Warplane, but it has a good zoom and look around feature. Here’s an example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg9yU5W5kxc

I don’t even consider GSF a third person flight sim because you can’t zoom out or have a “free view” look around. It’s got more in common with a first person shooter than a space or flight sim.

Ttoilleekul
06.21.2021 , 02:40 AM | #16
Yeah, already done all of that. I’m talking more ability to look around and zoom out. Plus the ability to zoom right in on that mini map with more details. The map itself is no better than a 1980/90s arcade map.
Yeah its not a great map. I use it only for locating DO spawns and looking to see if there is a red-arrow pointed at me. And the latter only when I am flying Gunship.
-Luc Nodaro

TrixxieTriss
06.21.2021 , 02:51 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ttoilleekul View Post
Yeah its not a great map. I use it only for locating DO spawns and looking to see if there is a red-arrow pointed at me. And the latter only when I am flying Gunship.
I edited my last post while you were making yours and I took too long. LoL,

ForfiniteStories
06.21.2021 , 03:38 AM | #18
For every thousand enemies you kill in a Flashfire, you can unlock an achievement of your choosing.

Galactic Civil War+ skins for GSF is another thing they can do.
"Nothing beats an A-wing." - Tallie Lintra, Battlefront II: Starfighter Assault

Jaykagee
06.21.2021 , 04:45 AM | #19
Let me just say some things first:
- I'm an old X-Wing, TIE-Fighter and XvT-Veteran playing on an old machine, so I haven't been able to give the newest game a try
- I love the fact of this "mini-game" being integrated into the MMORPG. Not big on standard PvP, but give me anything that flies...
- I hadn't played for a long time, but now got back into SWTOR recently
- at first, flying by mouse was pretty frustrating, but I'm figuring it out now ;-)

That said, I've heard that there hasn't been done much for GSF, which is okay imho, as it is a game-within-a-game, and I probably wouldn't have gotten into it if not for the season thing, but on the other hand I spend about 30% of my playing time in that mini-game, and so I would love to see it get a little more attention.

What I would love to see:
- Ranking and better match-making (it's as frustrating if you're way superior to your opponent as it is the other way around)
- A new battlefield - the classic one side attacks a capital ship, the other side defends it
- More ways to personalize your space hot-rod (paint jobs and more opportunity to get those in the main game, just like the one bomber paint job for KDY-Kits)
- It would be nice if you could name your ship or make a short note in the hangar - I'm flying with multiple characters, and keeping hand-written notes is a little old-fashioned... plus, I'm lazy... ;-))

Ttoilleekul
06.21.2021 , 05:19 AM | #20
Edit:
I play flight sims that can zoom out in third person and look around in first person. I’ve no problems with targeting in those sims, so I don’t see that being an issue for targeting. I’m not sure if you’ve ever played World or Warplane, but it has a good zoom and look around feature. Here’s an example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg9yU5W5kxc

I don’t even consider GSF a third person flight sim because you can’t zoom out or have a “free view” look around. It’s got more in common with a first person shooter than a space or flight sim.
Oh yeah for sure I can see what you mean there.
-Luc Nodaro