I have ben trying to do dread fortress but I have not had any luck

Is there anyway I can join a guild to do this mission

Sure. Guilds do operations all the time. Many large guilds tend to have training operations events on a weekly basis where 2-3 veteran players will lead a 8 or 16 person group through an Op, explaining every boss fight along the way. Usually you'll need a level 70 player and only low gear level.

I expect you have already done EV, KP, EC at least once? The individual server forums have posts with information on guilds. If you post your server name here (no need to post character name,) somebody might be able to suggest a guild or three.

Edited by mike_carton

Is there anyway I can join a guild to do this mission

Ask in Fleet chat.

I've helped run DF/DP many times for strangers who want to progress the story with 0 operation experience.

People run DF/DP for fun and for the decos, usually it's pretty fast to get a group.

As long as you are dps class, both operations are pretty easy with 7 experienced players in story mode.

The only fights that might be difficult is Brontes fight in DF, I'd suggest read a guide in advance for that one.

PS: Just remember to remind ppl to wait on you between DF/DP so you have time to click the mission item for story progress.

Edited by eabevella

I run 16m pugs for this on Star Forge all the time. What server are you on?

I'm also trying to finish up this quest on Star Forge. I've done DF but haven't had as much luck finding a DP run. Any chance I could hop on one of these? I'd be happy to run DF again too.

Edited by Essanora

I'm also trying to finish up this quest on Star Forge. I've done DF but haven't had as much luck finding a DP run. Any chance I could hop on one of these? I'd be happy to run DF again too.

There are plenty of ppl doing them this week since they're in the gf.

If you are on SF after 13:00 UTC, give it a shout in the Fleet Chat (Imp side), chances are I'll be there running TC with my alts and I'm already happy to form/run DP/DF for you (plenty ppl will. They are well liked ops).

There are plenty of ppl doing them this week since they're in the gf.

If you are on SF after 13:00 UTC, give it a shout in the Fleet Chat (Imp side), chances are I'll be there running TC with my alts and I'm already happy to form/run DP/DF for you (plenty ppl will. They are well liked ops).

I've been trying to run it pub side so maybe that's my issue. Imp side seems to be more active for ops right now. I'll try to catch you on imp side next time I'm playing at that time! Thank you.

Edited by Essanora

• 4 weeks later...

I feel this. I'm not comfortable with group finder. I did them on Malgus with a noobie friendly guild but that guild has kind of dried up. My guild on the other server just doesn't have enough people, at least all at the same time. We usually go for flashpoint at most. :( I want to unlock Oricon for the dailies but hate to leave the darn story incomplete! I wish they'd left an option for solo. Not to do the OP but just to give you some kind of 'story wrap up' alternative for those who want to visit the planet and do the dailies. (Or those who have multiple alts and not all are 'ops types'.)

And yeah...would be nice to have at least one imp and one rep on Star Forge with the op done.

Edited by RebelJedaii

My guild on the other server just doesn't have enough people, at least all at the same time. We usually go for flashpoint at most. :( I want to unlock Oricon for the dailies but hate to leave the darn story incomplete!

1) I didn't think you needed to do the Oricon Ops to do the Dailies there.

2) You could move one of your characters to a guild that does "Training" Ops and do this on that character.