Why no Black & White Dye on CM?

Akayin

It's been months and it hasn't been available on the Cartel Market. It's been available for years before this, what happened suddenly to make BW pull it? Was it something I missed as an intentional decision? Was it just that they have an old database of the CM and haven't restored it?

If I really did miss an announcement of some sort either as a decision or known issue please let me know. I don't visit the forums often and appreciate your patience with me :)

It fell off after it last went on sale. Happens every time a dye is on the flash sale. I do not know why that is, but every single time a dye goes up as the flash sale it disappears from the Market after the sale ends. It happened to another dye recently (white/white?), but that one was put back within a couple weeks.

ETA: Yes, it was the white/white dye.

Posted this on 6 October

This happens every time a dye is part of the daily flash sale. Both the White/White dye and the Black/White dye were recently flash sale items and both are missing from the CM. Eventually they will realize the issue and correct it (allegedly once someone in Keith's guild notices it because that is allegedly the only way anything gets done, allegedly).
Edited by ceryxp

because of rotations, they have a limited space to whore out the dyes, and some rotate in , and out. They will eventually return though.

I wish BioWare would just list ALL of the CM items ALL the time. It’s taking things off the market that can affect inflation.

With all the QQ threads lately about inflation. Maybe now is the time for BioWare to consider doing this.

Edit: Bioware would actually make more money if they just listed all dyes at a lower price and all the time. They are a one use item and demand would be high if prices were much lower and all the dyes permanently listed.

There is legitimate logic and a business case for them to do it.

How do I know they would be high demand? Because CM dyes are better than the crafted dyes. I sell 150+ crafted dyes a week at 200,000+ credits each (without trying). And that’s just me. Many other people sell 10x as many dyes for much less (and make much less too;))

There is definite demand for dyes to play space barbies. If CM dyes were cheaper and were available all the time, Bioware would make a lot more money from them directly or indirectly.

How would they make more indirectly? Well subs get CC’s each month and would be more likely to use them on dyes if they were much cheaper. They are a one use consumable and the current CC doesn’t reflect that.

If cheaper, subscribers are more likely to spend regular small amounts to buy them and would be more likely to run out of CC’s faster or not have enough of them when they want some other more expensive items. That would lead to more people buying CC’s to top up or “whales” buying more higher priced items to make more credits on the GTN.

The only small down side is to some players who might get caught in the loop of topping up their CCs more often then they were used to. There is no downside for Bioware doing this, there is only a potential increase in CC sales for Bioware.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Fueling the absurd prices on the GTN; if it's not offered on the CM people will have to go to the GTN. When that happens and the demand rises the GTN Guru's can jack up their prices to what they often become (Sci Fi scale prices). Whether BW does this with That intention or not that still is the result.

I still believe the CM should offer *Much more at any given time. The more they offer the wider range of items (Commerce) players will pay directly to BioWare (That would also reduce the GTN superflation).

I rarely buy anything from the CM simply because they never/rarely offer anything I want and haven't bought anything from the GTN in years reason #1 being the tycoon like prices.

Bioware would actually make more money if they just listed all dyes at a lower price and all the time. They are a one use item and demand would be high if prices were much lower and all the dyes permanently listed.

There is legitimate logic and a business case for them to do it.

How do I know they would be high demand? Because CM dyes are better than the crafted dyes. I sell 150+ crafted dyes a week at 200,000+ credits each (without trying). And that’s just me. Many other people sell 10x as many dyes for much less (and make much less too;))

There is definite demand for dyes to play space barbies. If CM dyes were cheaper and were available all the time, Bioware would make a lot more money from them directly or indirectly.

Agree with this.

I'd definitely buy CM dyes if they were cheaper, because they look better than most craftable ones.

But as they're too expensive for a one time use item, i just buy the relatively good looking craftable ones or simply use outfits with a decent default color that i don't have to dye.

Yeah, gotta love that gambling wall.

One day in the not to distant future those will be gone from games that don’t have R rating or adult rating that’s regulated under some countries gambling laws.

And of all:the companies doing it, EA are the worst and pushing back the hardest against regulation because they know it’s gambling and addictive.

What’s sad is they could make more money if they just used a real world retail model on the CM instead of relying on gambling mechanics. It’s like they’re just as addicted to as the players.

I'm left wondering what FlatTax will rage against once that happens.

Lmao, not sure. Rakghoul plague relics still aren’t back to the way they were ;)

He’s not wrong though about the gambling mechanics being an issue. My sister is a gambling addict and it’s why she can only play this game while at my place because we have a procedure in place to help insulate her from Biowares “surprise” mechanics. It also means that she can’t subscribe directly and has someone else pay for things online or in games (usually me or our step brother).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Considering how closely the "Random Loot Boxes", in a rated E or Teen video game, resemble a marketing tactic similar to something like "Joe Camel" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Camel, it becomes very difficult to believe EA's motives, for taking certain items down on the CM, could be anything other than sinister. The fact that so many of the highly sought after items in the game are hidden behind a gambling wall only serves to reinforce this notion.

Except that those items are purely cosmetic and not pay-to-win, unless you equate coloring your armor in stylish Black&White with winning (which would be quite a funny interpretation I must admit).

Well, SWTOR's cash cosmetics aren't cosmetic-only. They're launderable into credits, and therefore into endgame Augments, and other material advantages.

Well, SWTOR's cash cosmetics aren't cosmetic-only. They're launderable into credits, and therefore into endgame Augments, and other material advantages.

Pay to *accelerate*, I think you meant, unless the *only* way to get those things is by paying with actual money.

(That is, you can get them *faster* by paying money, but you can get them by pure gameplay instead.)

Pay to *accelerate*, I think you meant, unless the *only* way to get those things is by paying with actual money.

(That is, you can get them *faster* by paying money, but you can get them by pure gameplay instead.)

It's not a meaningful distinction. MTX-purchased advantages are pay-to-win, whether or not there's some secondary grind available. Also, pay-not-to-wait represents sabotaged QoL, to incentivize financial transactions. It's an ugly kind of disrespect to inflict on subscribers.

/snip.

You are full of 'it', if this is so bad, why are you contributing to it, you ***** and complain about their stuff, yet you still pay, still sub, and still play. If you are so against it, why bother? why not unsub like most complainers do, and go F2p, or just fade away.

Edited by DarkTergon

You are full of 'it', if this is so bad, why are you contributing to it, you ***** and complain about their stuff, yet you still pay, still sub, and still play. If you are so against it, why bother? why not unsub like most complainers do, and go F2p, or just fade away.

I'd rather advocate for positive change.

I'm advocating for the removal of pay-to-win transactions and gambling products.

If that's not positive change, I'd like to hear how you define it.

While I applaud the effort to remove the gambling aspect, your crusade against pay to win is false. There is NO PAY TO WIN IN SWTOR. You need to get over that part.

except there is no pay to win in this game, you are trolling, the mods should remove you, they have removed people for far less. Positive change starts with removing trolls.

The way real money leaks into gearing, crafting, and progression simply isn't up for dispute.