Alien Disguise Mask [Keldor, Duros, Kubaz, Rodian, etc.] (Helmet)

Here's a solution for players who want to play with non humanoid face aliens.

And before such players read this thread and start yelling: "Why this and not just making them playable species~"... In case you missed the many times; the Devs already confirmed they ARE NOT adding playable species that do not have humaniod bodies/faces/proportions and such, nor species who doesn't speak basic. (and they have aceptable reasons for that)

Still I found a solution to this:

If we get an adaptative armor helmet that replaces your head with that of a Keldor, Duros, Kubaz, Rodian, etc. players can still have their characters be those aliens they want to be, a voice modulation would help them sound more like them in scenes and as the item is a helmet it would still be able to be hidden during kissing scenes.

For species like Kel'dor whose hands are different:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/sw...20101130214025

The helmet could also hide the gloves and display the respective alien hand models (already in game).

This would be an awsome addition to the CM, that would also improve character customization.

Voice modulation could be an optional thing or even replacing the voice with alien gibberish, since the one wearing the helm is expresing his consent to listen to such alien noises during his gameplay.

Edited by Saito_Hiraga

Hasn't a modder already achieved this but been asked to stop by Bioware?

Couldn't they just pay him a few thousand dollars and then rake in the cash for people who want to play alien species who then buy the mod off the cartel pack. Could even just add an "alien" species which allows the player to select one they have already bought as default for the character.

Yes, there was a modder who did this but got taken down by Bioware. I would love to use such helmets instead of the (partly very ugly) faces that we got from the special races. I still bothers me that bioware is not able to give us normal looking NPC faces, instead we got these utterly ugly nautolan and togruta male heads.

The helmet could also hide the gloves and display the respective alien hand models (already in game).

This would be an awsome addition to the CM, that would also improve character customization.

I've suggested this many, many, many times - 100% behind this suggestion!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This is a phenomenal idea. Definitely support the implementation of it

It's less phenomenal than you think, in fact. Consider what would happen in a companion conversation (especially the romance-linked ones), when the game hides the character's helmet (er, alien face mask).

Also, for Rodians, it would end up looking severely weird, with human skin all over except for the head, *and* you'd be somewhat too tall to be an actual Rodian.

Yes, they could fix it up, but the amount of development work sounds like it's starting to be a bit more than just "add a helmet that looks like the head of species X"...

• 2 weeks later...
It's less phenomenal than you think, in fact. Consider what would happen in a companion conversation (especially the romance-linked ones), when the game hides the character's helmet (er, alien face mask).

Also, for Rodians, it would end up looking severely weird, with human skin all over except for the head, *and* you'd be somewhat too tall to be an actual Rodian.

Yes, they could fix it up, but the amount of development work sounds like it's starting to be a bit more than just "add a helmet that looks like the head of species X"...

It's purely a mask, a roleplay thing. Just having a mask that disappears during cutscenes is enough for roleplayers, because we know full well that there is no other possible way we'll ever get to play as these species. Nothing you talk about here is any issue whatsoever.

It's purely a mask, a roleplay thing. Just having a mask that disappears during cutscenes is enough for roleplayers, because we know full well that there is no other possible way we'll ever get to play as these species. Nothing you talk about here is any issue whatsoever.

So it would be perfectly OK and absolutely no problem to have a very tall Rodian with human skin everywhere except your head?

Or a Kaleesh with four fingery fingers and a thumb, with no claws? And human skin everywhere?

Or the entirety of KotFE chapter I after you are captured taking place as a human rather than a human with a species mask?

Would you be offended if I expressed some level of doubt about that being perfectly OK, especially if you're talking about other people than just you?

So it would be perfectly OK and absolutely no problem to have a very tall Rodian with human skin everywhere except your head?

Or a Kaleesh with four fingery fingers and a thumb, with no claws? And human skin everywhere?

Or the entirety of KotFE chapter I after you are captured taking place as a human rather than a human with a species mask?

Would you be offended if I expressed some level of doubt about that being perfectly OK, especially if you're talking about other people than just you?

You're not wrong here but at the same time if they marketed the helmets as "rubber masks" and sold them for Halloween with the understanding that mouths won't move, eyes won't blink, etc I think they would still sell. It may cause alot more requests for new species but that request is pretty standard anyway. "Rubber Mask" helmets would certainly make the RP communities happy and could just be a "fun little gimmick" for the rest of us when we're not doing story content.

Yes... Because it's a /Mask/.

I've accepted that we're not getting them as full species. It's not possible. This is as best as we could possibly hope for and that's more than enough for me. If you have a problem, I'd kindly ask ye not to poopoo on the parade for the rest of us that are into this. You don't have to use it if it ever comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude you are NOT getting the actual playable species for non humanoid races thats FINAL and its already confirmed many times by the devs. I understand a lot of people want species like these to be added, but we have to understand and adapt to how the game is built. This idea is a viable alternative to them, holodisguises already allow you to play wookies and hutts while NOT being actual wookies nor hutts (even if its only on strongholds). Masks and gloves on this suggestion are meant to give you the looks of all those aliens you ever wanted to play with using already ingame features, which is the best option to get something done into the game without causing codebreaking issues, nor insane ammounts of rework and the best part is that if these masks are done as actual helmets with mod slots you are not limited to just your strongholds.

Also its clear you didn't read the whole suggestion as I stated that the masks are to replace the gloves for the accurate alien hands. Yet anyways if you are worried about Kaleesh with humanoid hands or tall rodians remember you ARE NOT a kaleesh nor a rodian, you are whatever race you picked and THIS IS JUST A DISGUISE for cosmetic and RP enhancing purposes. We are not breaking canon here.

Edited by Saito_Hiraga
  • Like 1

Dude you are NOT getting the actual playable species for non humanoid races thats FINAL and its already confirmed many times by the devs.

Duh. But then again, I never said that I want them, aside from (before thinking about it) Voss.

I understand a lot of people want species like these to be added,

Indeed, but I'm not on that list.

but we have to understand and adapt to how the game is built. This idea is a viable alternative to them, holodisguises already allow you to play wookies and hutts while NOT being actual wookies nor hutts (even if its only on strongholds). Masks and gloves on this suggestion are meant to give you the looks of all those aliens you ever wanted to play with using already ingame features, which is the best

Least bad.

option to get something done into the game without causing codebreaking issues, nor insane ammounts of rework and the best part is that if these masks are done as actual helmets with mod slots you are not limited to just your strongholds.

Also its clear you didn't read the whole suggestion as I stated that the masks are to replace the gloves for the accurate alien hands. Yet anyways if you are worried about Kaleesh with humanoid hands or tall rodians remember you ARE NOT a kaleesh nor a rodian, you are whatever race you picked and THIS IS JUST A DISGUISE for cosmetic and RP enhancing purposes. We are not breaking canon here.

I'm not worried about those things. My comment was directed at the assertion that it would "obviously" be perfectly OK as a thing, and on that count I have some doubts, so I expressed them.

And don't forget: if we ask for and get a mediocre partial solution, that's all we'll get. Just like I say for people who agitate for a Covert Energy Helmet so they can hide their hoods, but don't think about how little of the hood problem that actually solves. (Doesn't solve the hood reappearing in cutscenes, nor the inability to show *that* helmet without a hood, nor the inability to show *this* helmet *with* a hood, etc.)

• 1 year later...
On 6/25/2022 at 7:43 AM, SteveTheCynic said:

Duh. But then again, I never said that I want them, aside from (before thinking about it) Voss.

Indeed, but I'm not on that list.

Least bad.

I'm not worried about those things. My comment was directed at the assertion that it would "obviously" be perfectly OK as a thing, and on that count I have some doubts, so I expressed them.

And don't forget: if we ask for and get a mediocre partial solution, that's all we'll get. Just like I say for people who agitate for a Covert Energy Helmet so they can hide their hoods, but don't think about how little of the hood problem that actually solves. (Doesn't solve the hood reappearing in cutscenes, nor the inability to show *that* helmet without a hood, nor the inability to show *this* helmet *with* a hood, etc.)

Its still a solution. I only hear problems I'm trying to help solving them.

• Thanks 1