The Cartel Collection Unlock System is a scam

some companies only allow the character that purchased the item to use that item.

other companies attach stats to their cosmetic items which basically turns those items into pay to win.

SWTOR at least allows players to buy almost any Cartel Market and sell them to other players for credits.

I myself am at 98% unlock in Collections and have only purchased 20 dollars worth of Cartel Coins because I bought everything with credits.

I find the SWTOR system a lot more fair than most MMOs.

Edited by illgot

Coming from other MMOs you generally get a collection system that log everything for free, even cosmetic items that you have bought, it is just insane that Bioware make you pay another fee to use on other characters even if you have a sub.

Bioware makes many stupid, frustrating decisions about this game, but having to pay a few CCs for account wide unlocks isn't one of them imo. Just wait for a collections sale like the rest of us bro. :cool:

Coming from other MMOs you generally get a collection system that log everything for free, even cosmetic items that you have bought, it is just insane that Bioware make you pay another fee to use on other characters even if you have a sub.

Let's take a different example, alluded to by one of the other posters. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, a small MMORPG that probably only I've ever heard of, not only has "just for one character" items, but to obtain them, you have to pay actual money, not a cash-shop currency that can be acquired without paying. (There are fewer sources of free Cartel Coins than in the past, but it's still possible to get them.)

And if the Cartel Market items were account-unlocked by default, the unlock cost would surely be priced in, meaning everything in the CM would cost more than today. (And you'd end up paying for my account-unlock if you buy the item for CCs and I buy it from you for credits...)

EDIT: but it's not a scam. There's no hint of dishonesty or deception. All the costs are visible up-front.

Edited by SteveTheCynic