"No Research Available" on Kyrprax Medpac v2?

Dangerflirt

I have the same problem but with versatile stim and raised two tickets only to be told, "I have checked and would like to inform you that if there is a red note in there then you wont get any schematic or recipe on deconstructing the item and it is working as intended as it is not certain that you will always get a schematic on deconstructing."

I don't understand how it can suddenly say no research available after many deconstructs and yet I do not have the schematic yet.

Sounds like a bug rather than a feature to me.

Edited by Corlan

• 4 months later...

Hey sorry to Necro this post but I'm having the same issue and it seems to me as though Customer Service Agents don't understand the Problem we're having (maybe they think we're complaining about the chances?).

I'm 90% sure Bioware Outsources their Customer Service overseas and they have no idea what we are talking about. But I've written multiple tickets about this and there is no way to escalate past customer service; tried emailing, contacting on Twitter etc.

Like... I spend quite a bit of money on this game (much more than just the sub price); I hate to sound like an absolute "Karen" but at the very LEAST there should be a way to Escalate Actual Bugs like this (even though it's more minor, as well as the more serious bugs); why does Bioware not have an Escalation System to talk to someone who actually plays the game?

• 5 weeks later...

Telepathic headset on

Are those items crafted by the character you're trying to RE it on and are you sure the items didn't get mixed with medpacs from other sources, such as bought from GTN?

Telepathic headset off

Other question: did you stack them together with some created by a different character? (Even if it was one of your own, that can easily make the whole stack "crafted by someone else".)

This is a "thing"? Why should it matter if it were an item "this" character didn't craft?

In the past, that's how you'd get the schematic for armorings, mods, enhancements, etc, by pulling them from loot.

If this is a "the Devs decided to make it this way", so be it. I wasn't aware that they had.

This is a "thing"? Why should it matter if it were an item "this" character didn't craft?

In the past, that's how you'd get the schematic for armorings, mods, enhancements, etc, by pulling them from loot.

If this is a "the Devs decided to make it this way", so be it. I wasn't aware that they had.

RE / deconstruct for schematics has worked like that (for crafted stuff) since at least as far back as 5.0. If an item was crafted by a different character's crew (even on the same legacy), this character cannot learn schematics from it. It also affects making first-stage components and REing them for Augment slot parts - you must craft them on this character or fix them as below.

If you end up with a stack contaminated with "otherness", you can fix it by taking the stack into the character's inventory and *then* crafting another one. That will contaminate the entire stack (even ones genuinely made by someone else) with "by-my-crew" flavour, and you can get interesting stuff from them. Doesn't help with non-stackables, of course.

Last point: stuff you craft and stash in the materials storage panel (applies only to first-stage components) is automatically contaminated with "otherness" just by being in there, even if you've only ever crafted that thing with this character.

That will contaminate the entire stack (even ones genuinely made by someone else) with "by-my-crew" flavour, and you can get interesting stuff from them.

Wow this kinda defeats whatever purpose they may have had behind this brilliant design. Thank you for information.

Wow this kinda defeats whatever purpose they may have had behind this brilliant design. Thank you for information.

It does, yes, but it cuts both ways. If you craft a big stack on this character and then merge a few from the materials panel into the stack, your entire stack is then "crafted by other".

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This is still an issue. Did anyone find a fix?

As noted above, if you have a *stack* that says "No Research Available", craft another one while the stack is in your inventory. The new one will go into the stack, and it will make the entire stack "crafted-by-my-crew", and you can then deconstruct it for a chance at a schematic.