Missile Backblast and Sonic Heal removed at 7.1

CommunityTeam

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

A heads up on a couple of items that will be removed with 7.1.

With 7.0, we removed items from the game that were tied to Renown, Social Points, and 6.0 gearing. There were two items that were missed with the initial removal. With 7.1, we’ll be removing the following from vendors and characters’ inventory:

• Missile Backblast
  • Sonic Heal

Each item listed above will be converted to 6,595 credits.

Special note: Similar to how items were removed in 7.0, in order to process these removals, ALL GTN sales that are active prior to 7.1 will be marked as expired. These items will be returned to your character’s mailbox which listed the sale. They can be relisted as usual after 7.1 goes live.

Edited by JackieKo

I understand that Sonic Heal would be removed because its effect was rolled into the Boiling Point ability tree buff, but why would Missile Backblast need to be removed? The effect isn't present in any ability tree buff or passive.

Also why is there still not a single-target tactical for Advanced Prototype Powertech / Tactics Vanguard? They're stuck using Overwhelming Offense. Every discipline deserves something more interactive than that and then Retractable Blade / Gut tactical they had before was removed for no good reason either!

Seems totally fair and reasonable given the cost of acquiring those items :rolleyes:

Could be worse. They only gave 100 credits for the tacticals they removed with 7.0 and if you happened to be the spec that is now also having their removed tactical essentially added back in a reworked form, you get to buy it all over again!

Missile Backblast has been removed every patch since 7.0 arrived.

Deleted my original one in 7.0 and when I crafted another, the next patch deleted that too.

The crafting schematic was left fully functional in players crewskills and it has been possible to craft them the entire time but like I say, the patches keep deleting any in your inventory and banks.

That's where they are coming from, the patches are deleting the tacticals but players can keep making them :D

Has the pistol holster bug been fixed??????????

Hi folks,

With 7.0, we removed items from the game that were tied to Renown, Social Points, and 6.0 gearing. There were two items that were missed with the initial removal. With 7.1, we’ll be removing the following from vendors and characters’ inventory:

• Missile Backblast
  • Sonic Heal

Special note: Similar to how items were removed in 7.0, in order to process these removals, ALL GTN sales that are active prior to 7.1 will be marked as expired. These items will be returned to your character’s mailbox which listed the sale. They can be relisted as usual after 7.1 goes live.

Hi folks,

• Missile Backblast
  • Sonic Heal

If you remove an item, you should fully refund the purchase cost. For some more casual players these things cost all their savings. I don't get why you value the compensation for removing these items so poorly.

In a similar vein, those unlocks/purchases that were bought on the cartel market for cartel coins that have been removed need to be fully refunded as well (Renown stash expansions, for example etc.).

Missile Backblast has been removed every patch since 7.0 arrived.

Deleted my original one in 7.0 and when I crafted another, the next patch deleted that too.

The crafting schematic was left fully functional in players crewskills and it has been possible to craft them the entire time but like I say, the patches keep deleting any in your inventory and banks.

That's where they are coming from, the patches are deleting the tacticals but players can keep making them :D

Just like in 7.0 the tacs got deleted...

Aaaaaaand... now in 7.1 it's time to craft more.... https://i.ibb.co/GMH0y38/tmp.png :csw_jabbapet:

Edited by Gyronamics

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

As intended,Missile Backblast was removed with 7.1, however, we have found that it is still possible to acquire, learn, and craft it with the corresponding schematic (Biochem Tactical 1).

As this Tactical has been removed from the game, using the schematic mentioned above will result in losing your Legendary Embers.

We recommend that players do not craft the Missile Backblast Tactical as this schematic will be removed in a future update.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
You can still buy these on the GTN. So, does that mean if you equip it you will lose your embers?

okay I'll byte

using the schematic mentioned above will result in losing your Legendary Embers.

nothing about purchasing just that

using the schematic
you will have used your embers, they will not refund Materials used to craft