Pvp accuracy in 6.0

Eastiano

So guys, this is gonna be a bit of an odd question I guess but here goes...

Is there any point in using accuracy in pvp now? I ask purely because I was playing my operative dps in the new dxun raid and a guy moaned at me for having 0 accuracy, why I have no idea as I was pulling aggro all the time and like (for simplicity’s sake I’ll use these numbers) your potential max dps is 10k and ur hitting 9.1k then thats more than adequate for storymode operations. I’m going off on a tangerine again...

I just don’t want to have to get 2 sets of gear or swap out enhancements for pve when I fancy a dip into the new ops bioware release, so has anyone figured if 110% acc is ok for pvp and not detrimental to other stats, or can I go like 105% and just swap out stims for pve outings?

Edited by Eastiano

You need accuracy for sustained damage when using white attacks against players.

You want no accuracy because it's a tax on your potential burst damage.

If you do 100% yellow attacks like a sorc you pay no tax because you cannot miss on players even with 0 accuracy as players have 0% tech/force resist (unlike PVE bosses).

Everyone else gets to pick their poison of how much accuracy tax they want to pay to reduce their white damage attacks missing.

Default dodge is 5% on everyone and 10% on consular and inquisitor classes.

So 105% or 110% will cover the base classes.

On top of all that are DCDs and immunity windows in mobility abilities which you cannot counter.

In PVE it's important for maximum dps to have 110% accuracy to bypass the guaranteed 10% dodge and 10% resist of a boss because if you go 105% you're missing 1/20 attacks, 100% and you miss 1/10 attacks plus you don't get to choose what misses because bosses will dodge white and yellow equally unlike players.

In PVP it's such a **** show of dcds and mixed targets that there is no guarantee at 105% accuracy or even 110% accuracy. As a result many players like to go for the RNG of definitely missing more but also definitely having more burst potential by stacking crit/mastery. I believe the logic is that better burst is more likely to kill players than better sustained.

If your burst is yellow damage then it's an easy choice, you don't need any accuracy to hit a player with it.

Edited by Gyronamics

You need accuracy for sustained damage when using white attacks against players.

You want no accuracy because it's a tax on your potential burst damage.

If you do 100% yellow attacks like a sorc you pay no tax because you cannot miss on players even with 0 accuracy as players have 0% tech/force resist (unlike PVE bosses).

Everyone else gets to pick their poison of how much accuracy tax they want to pay to reduce their white damage attacks missing.

Default dodge is 5% on everyone and 10% on consular and inquisitor classes.

So 105% or 110% will cover the base classes.

On top of all that are DCDs and immunity windows in mobility abilities which you cannot counter.

In PVE it's important for maximum dps to have 110% accuracy to bypass the guaranteed 10% dodge and 10% resist of a boss because if you go 105% you're missing 1/20 attacks, 100% and you miss 1/10 attacks plus you don't get to choose what misses because bosses will dodge white and yellow equally unlike players.

In PVP it's such a **** show of dcds and mixed targets that there is no guarantee at 105% accuracy or even 110% accuracy. As a result many players like to go for the RNG of definitely missing more but also definitely having more burst potential by stacking crit/mastery. I believe the logic is that better burst is more likely to kill players than better sustained.

If your burst is yellow damage then it's an easy choice, you don't need any accuracy to hit a player with it.

Yeah I get all this, I was just wondering if running 110% accuracy in pvp is feasible without being detrimental to other stats? Has anyone done any number crunching on this?

If not I guess I could take a look

The only time I would say it was hard detrimental is sorc because that is a guaranteed 1590 stats wasted.

Everyone else is soft detrimental, nothing actually horrible happens, you move the slider up and down hitting harder to missing less.

I suppose you could get a rough value of accuracy per spec based on how much yellow/white damage your spec goes.

But ideal accuracy depends on the targets and you don't get to choose.

Edited by Gyronamics

• 1 year later...
honestly be better if we just needed 100.00%. they removed pvp gear to remove any unfair advantage... yeah? well... so much for that. I mainly pve but I do pvp from time to time and I'd like to be able to stand my ground,

it's literally swapping out two enhancements. maybe one. maybe none (depending on how much white dmg you do in your spec).

and unless you're playing ranked, I wouldn't even bother doing that. skill discrepancy alone will determine success/failure. not gearing.

crit and mastery are far greater concerns than accuracy, fyi. and for that, you might want two sets of gear and have an argument. lul

Edited by CheesyEZ

uh. wut? what class and spec are you?

I run 105.33% accuracy with only two accuracy enhancements. I can bump that up to a fraction of a % below 110% by adding two more accuracy enhancements. ear and implant slots are exactly the same stats as enhancements. all you need to do is swap out enhancements. I think the problem is how you chose to get to 110% acc for pve (or vice versa).

2x 431 acc = ~105%.

4x 431 acc = ~ 110%

I got 2 acc implants, 1 ear, 1 enhancement. removing 1 hurts my acc.

I think we're talking over each other. you don't need to take anything off, even if you're at 110% acc...for regs. if you go ranked, I'd definitely make another set.

however, if you want to optimize for pvp, you probably only need to drop 2 (not 4) pcs, because 105% is the sweet spot for most classes that use white/weapon damage.

going into regs with 110% acc is no big deal. you'll be a little lower on crit, but I've mistakenly run extra alac which put me at 2.9k crit instead of 3.3k crit, and it made no perceptible difference.

your pve set will probably be power heavy (vs. mastery), but those are still relatively close stats that aren't going to make or break anything in regs. optimizing for pve and then jumnping into pvp is as easy as it has ever been. the real handicap for pvp is playing without set bonuses, tacticals, and amps (in that order).

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I get all this, I was just wondering if running 110% accuracy in pvp is feasible without being detrimental to other stats? Has anyone done any number crunching on this?

If not I guess I could take a look

110%-115% can net interesting returns depending on where the rest of your stats or at and what class/disc you play. I run it and find it has great results when scaled correctly in correlation.

My advice most people in this game have no idea about gear/stats and blindly copy what the guy before em told em. Experiment and play around. Accuracy can 100% be viable if used correctly.

But I love when people run 105 or less accuracy makes it so much easier when fighting them to outlast their dps with all the attack they're missing.

110%-115% can net interesting returns depending on where the rest of your stats or at and what class/disc you play. I run it and find it has great results when scaled correctly in correlation.

My advice most people in this game have no idea about gear/stats and blindly copy what the guy before em told em. Experiment and play around. Accuracy can 100% be viable if used correctly.

But I love when people run 105 or less accuracy makes it so much easier when fighting them to outlast their dps with all the attack they're missing.

So this is one of the guys that runs 1700 accuracy on sorcs in ranked. I always wanted to believe it was just sheer carelessness, but this is even worse :(