Is the gree event always so laggy?

ralphieceaser

Or is it currently lagging like crazy because there's far too many people engaged in combat in illum?

I remember back at launch the lagfest was that was illum when many tried to have mass pvp but I never had any similar lag before, everyone seems to be doing the gree event and even if you go to a different phase the lag is still there and it is quite noticeable, sometimes takes 3-4 seconds to actually use the ability and everyone has been noticing it based on general chat.

Is this what usually happens during the Gree event or is it because so many people have returned that illum cant handle them?

I'm not sure that 60 people counts as "so many". In any event, the lag has been all day. Try switching instances, but this iteration seems and feels decidedly worse than the last.

First instance had like 88 people, jumped on the 5th instance and it had around 70 as well and lag was still noticeable. Havent tried more, might try during a less active time.

I don't remember it being this laggy, but the last time I went there was in Winter or Spring 2021 (don't remember the exact date). I do remember there being some lag, but not nearly what I noticed this week, where it's 1 second (1000 ms) lag. What's interesting is the lag indicator displays 4 bars even when this is happening. This shows it's not on my end but the server not being able to keep up.

I thought republic was a far smaller faction than empire yet consistently I find republic people in the pvp area, and they are republic since their class descriptions are jedi, not the empire combat style.

Though i would be seeing a lot more empire players around than republic for us who wanted to do the gree dailies without the huge lag+pvp dailies.