Is it possible to gift sub time?

DasWlankabel

I saw a thread from 2013 that was talking about buying sub time on Origin which would give you a key. Is that how it works on Steam too?

Maybe. The other possibility is to look on e.g. Amazon, where you receive a redeemable code. If you're trying to gift sub time to a close friend (who you could send it to by email), that might work as well, and wouldn't require the other person to have Steam.

Maybe. The other possibility is to look on e.g. Amazon, where you receive a redeemable code. If you're trying to gift sub time to a close friend (who you could send it to by email), that might work as well, and wouldn't require the other person to have Steam.

yeah pretty much the only way you can do it now since walmart and other stores stopped selling swtor 60 day cards.

Can confirm you can gift a one time 2 month subscription through Steam.

Now, I have some additional questions about this, if anyone knows the answer:

1. Last I heard you become preferred player when you spent at least 5 dollars on the game. If I buy a subscription for someone else, do they become preferred after their subscription runs out?

2. It's not actually 2 months, but rather 60 days. So if I give a subscription on Christmas (25 december) it runs out on 22 februari, right?

3. With the refer a friend program gone, is there still a way to obtain the preferred friends bundle legacy wide, without having to buy it seperately on each character?

Not sure why this is a even a hard question or why some make it complex lol (tease)

If your in a qualifying country (as I've not checked the fine print) - you can buy a code and give said code to a player to gift them subscription time. (Amazon.com for example)

I've done it at least 3 times now.

Should work for steam as well as you have to sign into the website to redeem the code anyway.

Steam might have an issue in terms of synching but if your account's already there - shouldn't be a problem.

The only major catch is if your in say Canada or Europe and you buy a code in the States - it may not crossover.

Beyond that - should not be an issue at all.

Oh and if you buy codes elsewhere - extreme caution - stick to reputable sources.

I did find one for Europe/other countries - but that was for FFXIV.