What character do you hate the most? *Spoilers*

Bxvx

Vinn attrius. I don't care what alignment my charcter is I choose the option that doesn't give him any thing he wants. That guy is never living even on light side characters for me.

Second probably would be Saresh or Heskal. Heskal's destiny stuff really annoys me

Vinn is definitely one of the worst for me. Especially when he says something like "you win again, like you always do" even though you've just lost the entire eternal fleet and the eternal throne.

Vinn is definitely one of the worst for me. Especially when he says something like "you win again, like you always do" even though you've just lost the entire eternal fleet and the eternal throne.

Not commenting on anyone's personal feelings about any character in the game, but it is interesting to see the number of people who despise Vinn versus the number of people who make allowances for Vaylin when they are both products of their environment.

Not commenting on anyone's personal feelings about any character in the game, but it is interesting to see the number of people who despise Vinn versus the number of people who make allowances for Vaylin when they are both products of their environment.

I think that also has a lot of to do with Vinn being barely developed in comparison to Vaylin, conceptually he is great and could've been a sympathetic character but unfortunately he was introduced too late. You hear about the things he witnessed but never saw it, where as with Vaylin you go through her torture chamber, the holo-recordings explaining the things done to her, etc.

This was the whole point of her character tho. Vaylin is not supposed to be a mastermind or an incredible strategist, she's a broken character with incredible power. She doesn't stop being a threat because she behaves like a 2-year-old or because she isn't very bright. Both of those factors just enhance the threat she represents to the galaxy.

The fact that she's so utterly useless despite her "incredible power" (which frankly, is a dubious claim anyway) is exactly why she's such an awful character. We're supposed to think she's impressive just because the scouter says her Force Level is over 9000, or whatever, but she could be a stand-in for any Darth Jenerick from a Heroic mission, and vice-versa.

True, Vaylin does seem to be more a plot device for the 'Dysfunctional Royal Family' trope of Zakuul than much of a character in her own right (face it, she went from Arcann's number two to SCORPIO's pawn and as soon as she was on her own, almost, she made a second attempt at something Arcann had already failed at (attacking Odessen head-on) and got herself one-shotted by a vengeful Commander after killing one of their allies).

Also true, Vinn Atrius is even less impressive than the other members of the 'Order'. At least the other Order members, even GEMINI 16, we saw what happened to them, we actually played roles in their downfalls and they're returning characters (or, in 16's case, a character-type since we can't be sure any of the GEMINI we've seen prior were her or not) in many cases tying the post-Knights era back to the core game. Maybe if he'd appeared - even unnamed or simply as a generic 'Horizon Guard' - in KOTET, maybe making reports to Vaylin or something, it wouldn't have been so bad, but as it stands he comes out of nowhere whining about 'he's lost everything because of us' and most of us are like "Who is this guy?"

Let's just cut right to the chase and go Vitiate/Valkorian/whatever the kriff he's calling himself this week.

I've snarked about this on Reddit and other spots. If Rey is a Sue, she's a three inch pocket knife of Sue. Vitiate is the freaking "I'm totally compensating" Buster Sword of Sue. Grossly overpowered compared to everything else in the setting (conquered a continent and imprisoned Daddy in a holocron at AGE 10?! Bantha $@!$%!), has some Artifact of Intelligence Drain on everyone else in the setting (what was done to Revan and Exile was CRIMINAL - you mean to tell me the alleged tactical geniuses behind the defeat of the Mando'ade were so STUPID they walked into an obvious trap with NO contingency plans or attempt to WARN the Republic, thus ensuring the Pubs got caught with their pants down?! Not to mention why hasn't any Darths wondered what the nine hells he's up to. And then there's Senya, who REALLY got hammered with the effect...), rubbishly boring motivation, bloviating speeches (though DePaul did a great job almost making them sound good), and basically twirling his mustache manipulating people that should be smarter and being annoying as hell.

Worse, since that overpowered Stu has pulled a "Fooled you! I ain't dead!" twice already, I really don't think he's going to STAY dead as long as they need some go-to baddie off the shelf.

I agree more of a backstory of some kind would of been nice to see for him instead of just the very little bit we got. I hate how everyone has a super hard on for the Alliance Commander like we are the worst thing in the world, we saved the galaxy from Valkorion trying to destroy it, we helped you. Every Zakuulan rides Valkorions nuts like hes the best thing ever, granted it's said that he never showed his true form to Zakuul. But that's like the one thing that irked me the most about every Zakuulan in the game pretty much. Like doing the FE/ET again and again after so many times already from alts I find myself like responding to Koth in cutscenes like F U F U lol!!

I agree more of a backstory of some kind would of been nice to see for him instead of just the very little bit we got. I hate how everyone has a super hard on for the Alliance Commander like we are the worst thing in the world, we saved the galaxy from Valkorion trying to destroy it, we helped you. Every Zakuulan rides Valkorions nuts like hes the best thing ever, granted it's said that he never showed his true form to Zakuul. But that's like the one thing that irked me the most about every Zakuulan in the game pretty much. Like doing the FE/ET again and again after so many times already from alts I find myself like responding to Koth in cutscenes like F U F U lol!!

To be fair, Valkorion fostered within the people of Zakuul a sense of hero worship. Valkorion had been Emperor for centuries and all Zakuulans were taught that it was Valkorion who saved them. It was Valkorion who lifted them up, who took them to the stars, who built their entire society. Without Valkorion they would not be where they are or have what they have. Valkorion was their god-king.

This was the impetus for my earlier comment regarding Vinn Atrius. Vinn was raised in this culture that worshiped Valkorion. Prior to joining Vaylin's Horizon Guard Vinn was also a Knight of Zakuul. The Knights, as told by Lana or Senya (I do not remember which) believe that their strength in the Force comes from their devotion and service to Valkorion. I imagine that Valkorion's supposed death caused quite the existential crisis for many a Knight of Zakuul. Then you have the juxtaposed leadership styles of Valkorion and Arcann where, under Arcann, the primary mission of the Knights, that of imposing justice within the Empire, becomes perverted and twisted to fuel Arcann's juvenile tirade.

Like Vaylin and Koth, Vinn was a product of their environment. Both Koth and Vinn were raised in this society that taught that Valkorion was their savior, their god-king. We see it with the refugees in the swamp that Valkorion's "death" shook the very foundation of Zakuulan ego. Their entire sense of "self" was called into question. Then Arcann comes to power and goes on their rampage across the galaxy. Koth saw Arcann for the tyrant they were and refused to follow unjust orders. Vinn was a Knight in service to the throne and the Emperor. Even moreso than Koth, Vinn's existence depended upon the throne and the person sitting upon it. Unlike Koth, it would not be so easy for Vinn to just walk away. Arcann's corruption of the Knight's justice likely broke Vinn. For both Vinn and Koth, it all started with the Outlander, but Koth could turn away in a way that Vinn could not. Where Koth found hope for a reversal of the damage done by Arcann Vinn only saw the root cause that brought down Zakuul and the Knights.

In my first play through of Fallen Empire I did not like Koth. It was only after I had played the story a few times, after I had afforded more attention to the history of Zakuul and to Valkorion's relationship with Zakuul, that I began to understand Koth. That understanding extended to Vinn. They are the same. It is quite understandable that if one does not like Koth that they will not like Vinn.

In my headcanon I have decided that my Alliance Commander, my main Jedi Sage, took Vinn back to Odessen and worked to rehabilitate them. In my Alliance Commander's stronghold on Alderaan I setup a secluded camp and placed the Vinn deco to signify that, whilst Vinn has not joined the Alliance, Vinn has begun that journey back to themself.

• Thanks 1

Ya I disliked Koth right away first time I met him, but after like the 20th time through it he kind of grew on me. I only actually killed him on 1 toon just to have a toon that did it really, I actually have not killed Senya or Arcann before, I was planning on doing it on the same one I killed Koth on but when I got to shooting them down I just didn't do it for whatever reason. Kind of like just having a surplus of random companions even if I don't or won't ever use them outside of the story. I actually like both Senya and Arcann probably why I haven't yet.

To be fair, Valkorion fostered within the people of Zakuul a sense of hero worship. Valkorion had been Emperor for centuries and all Zakuulans were taught that it was Valkorion who saved them. It was Valkorion who lifted them up, who took them to the stars, who built their entire society. Without Valkorion they would not be where they are or have what they have. Valkorion was their god-king.

This was the impetus for my earlier comment regarding Vinn Atrius. Vinn was raised in this culture that worshiped Valkorion. Prior to joining Vaylin's Horizon Guard Vinn was also a Knight of Zakuul. The Knights, as told by Lana or Senya (I do not remember which) believe that their strength in the Force comes from their devotion and service to Valkorion. I imagine that Valkorion's supposed death caused quite the existential crisis for many a Knight of Zakuul. Then you have the juxtaposed leadership styles of Valkorion and Arcann where, under Arcann, the primary mission of the Knights, that of imposing justice within the Empire, becomes perverted and twisted to fuel Arcann's juvenile tirade.

Like Vaylin and Koth, Vinn was a product of their environment. Both Koth and Vinn were raised in this society that taught that Valkorion was their savior, their god-king. We see it with the refugees in the swamp that Valkorion's "death" shook the very foundation of Zakuulan ego. Their entire sense of "self" was called into question. Then Arcann comes to power and goes on their rampage across the galaxy. Koth saw Arcann for the tyrant they were and refused to follow unjust orders. Vinn was a Knight in service to the throne and the Emperor. Even moreso than Koth, Vinn's existence depended upon the throne and the person sitting upon it. Unlike Koth, it would not be so easy for Vinn to just walk away. Arcann's corruption of the Knight's justice likely broke Vinn. For both Vinn and Koth, it all started with the Outlander, but Koth could turn away in a way that Vinn could not. Where Koth found hope for a reversal of the damage done by Arcann Vinn only saw the root cause that brought down Zakuul and the Knights.

In my first play through of Fallen Empire I did not like Koth. It was only after I had played the story a few times, after I had afforded more attention to the history of Zakuul and to Valkorion's relationship with Zakuul, that I began to understand Koth. That understanding extended to Vinn. They are the same. It is quite understandable that if one does not like Koth that they will not like Vinn.

In my headcanon I have decided that my Alliance Commander, my main Jedi Sage, took Vinn back to Odessen and worked to rehabilitate them. In my Alliance Commander's stronghold on Alderaan I setup a secluded camp and placed the Vinn deco to signify that, whilst Vinn has not joined the Alliance, Vinn has begun that journey back to themself.

Honestly this is such a good background it makes me wish even harder that Fractured Alliances had been its own expansion so we could get more Vinn Atrius development, maybe interaction with him and Koth if he is left alive after KOTET.

I don't really mind Harkun, though it took me a while to figure out what his role really is. He's the Sith version of a drill sergeant, making sure that those who can't cut it don't make it. Of course, not "making it" has more dramatic consequences for Sith than Jedi.

My biggest beef with Koth isn't the hero worship, it's that he seems to have the idea in his head that HE'S THE HERO. Which annoyed my Sorceress to the point of running him through in KOTET.

• 1 month later...

My biggest beef with Koth isn't the hero worship, it's that he seems to have the idea in his head that HE'S THE HERO. Which annoyed my Sorceress to the point of running him through in KOTET.

I'm currently replaying KOTFE and what really annoys me about Koth is how hypocritical and stupid he is. He calls you a monster if you don't fix the exploding reactor. I mean why would most of my Sith, Jedi or other characters even know how to do that in the first place? Secondly, the player character is still suffering from carbonite poisoning and is right in the middle of enemy territory so is it any wonder their first priority is to get away from there? Not to mention their people are at war with Zakuul so it's not really a priority to start saving people from Vaylin.

I didn't actually mind the hero worship thing that much, at least not with my Warrior who is also like that, but it's annoying how Koth gets mad if you don't love and care about Zakuul and it's wonderful people while he himself doesn't care what Valkorion did to Ziost and other places because "he was good to Zakuul." Such a hypocrite and you can't even properly call him out on it! Ugh. Like seriously especially at the start of KOTFE the Outlander has very few if any reason to care about Zakuulans. Koth is too thickheaded to realize this because like you said he thinks he's the hero and only his perspective and experiences matter to him.

I'm going to throw this one out there since I've been playing my 'Pirate' (DS Smuggler) lately; Corso Riggs. I don't know if I hate him, but sometimes I feel like I just want to punch him in the mouth. He's perfectly happy for you to go around the galaxy slaughtering anything in an Imperial uniform without mercy... until he discovers it's female and then you're suddenly a bad person for being mean to the Sith Lady or whatever.

That's like, on one character, I can't remember if it was my 'pirate' or one of my other smugglers, during the whole 'Cousin Rina" arc for Corso, I suggested she and her gang come work for me - if nothing else as a way to keep an eye on her - and 'Corso Riggs Disapproves'. Apparently because I didn't straight-up tell her to go home and be a good girl, instead intending to try more subtle methods, that wasn't good enough for him. I'm thinking to myself, 'Dude, I'm trying to be subtle here, maybe eventually work her into our crew and out of that gang, stop being so narrow-minded.'

I'm going to throw this one out there since I've been playing my 'Pirate' (DS Smuggler) lately; Corso Riggs. I don't know if I hate him, but sometimes I feel like I just want to punch him in the mouth. He's perfectly happy for you to go around the galaxy slaughtering anything in an Imperial uniform without mercy... until he discovers it's female and then you're suddenly a bad person for being mean to the Sith Lady or whatever.

That's like, on one character, I can't remember if it was my 'pirate' or one of my other smugglers, during the whole 'Cousin Rina" arc for Corso, I suggested she and her gang come work for me - if nothing else as a way to keep an eye on her - and 'Corso Riggs Disapproves'. Apparently because I didn't straight-up tell her to go home and be a good girl, instead intending to try more subtle methods, that wasn't good enough for him. I'm thinking to myself, 'Dude, I'm trying to be subtle here, maybe eventually work her into our crew and out of that gang, stop being so narrow-minded.'

One of my favorite things about the Smuggler story is doing things that Corso disproves of.

• 5 months later...

Can't say i hate anyone, hate is a strong word and i avoid using it, but there are a few characters i dislike :

1. Skadge

2 Jedi master and his apprentice in BH story

3. Jun Seros ( BH story)

4. all the green Jedi - while the Jedi Consular is on Corellia, they never show their faces or help, like they don't give a flying.. KDY Mantis about a fellow Jedi

5. Tharan Cedrax. OK pal, i understand you're a pacifist, you don't need to repeat that 10.000 times a day!

1) Kaliyo Djannis: she lies, manipulates, and if the male agent romances her, she cheats on him. Also a psychopath who loves killing and destroying randomly. Over hardly anything redeemable about her except you get used to her and roll with it in the Agent story. I know some would think differently (especially her whole "Anarchy, screw everyone" vibe) but even in that regard she strikes me as extreme. Not to mention she sells confidential info out to her old Anarchist gang behind my back. I'm half-tempted to have her executed in KOTFE for her failure to get that vault open in Zakuul and for getting nearly all of Havoc Squad killed.

2) Darth Baras: I had my LS Warrior kill him at the end and it was so unbelievably satisfying to see my lightsaber ignite into his gut for everything he did. Plus I could use the "too dangerous too keep alive" rule as an excuse because he's got spies everywhere and is well-connected so sparing him isn't wise.

3) General Garza: has the Trooper commit war crimes and/or cover up her own and is totally willing to throw away innocent lives

4) Thana Vesh: again I'm an LS player normally but I saw no good reason to let her go. I killed her once we infiltrated the Republic space port and the colonists had left and I will honestly say it was satisfying. Come to think of it, the entire Imperial Taris arc is distasteful to me because all they seem to do is destroy things and there isn't much in the way of constructive or worthwhile efforts done to contest the Republic. They're just trying to "make an example" of Taris, which is a waste.

5) Agent Hunter: smug jerk who is basically the one responsible for giving the SIS the brainwashing codes to control me on behalf of the Star Cabal. Need I say more?

6) Tarro Blood: again, another smug idiot who tries to assassinate my character and screw me out of a fair fight.

7) Nok Drayen: I risked my life to recover his family heirloom and he thanks me by asking his daughter to kill me. What the actual ----?

Edited by EAFSAMWISE

Zenith, Iresso and Rusk : boring and uninteresting characters with nothing special.

I agree with Iresso and Rusk, they are a bit uninteresting, but not with Zenith, at first i found him very annoying, but after a while i started to like the guy. And speaking of Consular companions, i find Nadia Grell extremely boring, dull and uninteresting both as a romance option and a padawan.

• 2 weeks later...

I started playing with the intention of playing a Sith Lord and I...never really stopped, ha ha. So even in my best attempts to play as a Light V Consular, I could never in my heart of hearts align myself with Republic goals. I did "Jedi things" to not rob myself of the experience of doing things typically outside of the realm of my selfish, Sith-y nature and because I love lore, but if there was *any* way to subvert the Republic, I'd do it. Naturally, this translates to a deep-seeded hatred of Zenith, though he's not what I'd call a Republic patriot. And I *CAN* see where he's coming from, I just don't care, because I head canon all 8 classes to just be secret underlings of my Sith Warrior anyway. So Zenith and I will be enemies even if I'm wearing a LS Consular skin ATM. Nothing to rationalize here, folks, you just can't help but hate some people.

Koth just asked too much of me. Yet again, our ideals will never align, though my warrior didn't kill him because she was my first playthrough with KOTFE/KOTET. So he lived by pure accident. He's kicking around on my Light V Consular as well, because she's the forgiving type to a fault. Everyone else killed him because a Zakuulan loyalist and someone(s) who doesn't appreciate being guilted into helping out Zakuulans while being pursued by various enemies just won't be friends. His crime was annoying me to (his) death.

I hated anyone related to Valkorion at first, but after my Warrior killed Senya the rest of my Legacy let her live, redeemed Arcann etc. Since my warrior's playthrough is my "canon' one, I think of them as dead for the most part. But my bloodlust has been sated, so I don't have to kill them like 27 times over or anything. Vaylin has never elicited any sympathy in me nor will she ever, but I will admit that I loved her character design.

I always wished Risha would get off my ship, but she never did, so my Smuggler would always choose the rudest in conversation option possible. I'm mad that she made me complicit in delivering the Shinjaru beast to that Hutt. Though I do use her in combat with the white haired cosmetic customization, b/c she doesn't look like the Risha on my ship anymore, so I was oh-so-graciously willing to let that grudge go.

I can't hate Zenith, he's not exactly my favorite, but i see no reason for hatred. If will be possible, i would like to recruit him even as a Bounty Hunter ( my main).

The guy is not easy to understand, but after a while my JC got used to his political ambitions, fierce patriotism and blunt decisions.