Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

There Are Too Many Freeloaders

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
There Are Too Many Freeloaders

DarkTergon
10.06.2021 , 09:38 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Gundahar View Post
Require a win to get credit for cq points or to complete the weekly/daily. Require a win to get credit for seasons points. Should thin them out.

Quote: Originally Posted by thorrnnn View Post
Week 1: Complete GSF matches while earning medals. (not listed how many medals needed).
Week 2: Earn Offensive or Defensive medals by capturing and defending Satellites in Galactic Star Fighter matches.

only problem i can see with those is what happens when you get in a BAD group? by bad i mean don't know how to play or haven't played very long. i can see waiting 30mins or more to play and after it starts you getting no medals because the group isn't up to snuff against the other team.

Except look at what it has done to PvP, do you really want to compound the issues GSF has? As it is, the cues have gone bad, and probably won't revive till GS2 starts.
Beware, my friends, as you pass by. As you are now, so once was I
As I'm now, so you must be. Prepare, my friends, to follow me

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”

Toraak
10.07.2021 , 06:57 AM | #22
Requiring a win would be a poor choice to put in. I know quite a few players that completely left PvP when they did that for the daily/weekly, because they generally only solo queu'd, and it made it very difficult to win a high enough % of the games.

I also noticed a significant increase in PvP queu's as well when they changed the PvP daily/weekly. I do not want that to happen to GSF as well.

Gundahar
10.07.2021 , 09:21 AM | #23
Yeah. Good points. I don't like it either. In pvp. Definitely lowered the player pool resulting in much longer que times. The toxicity meter also went off the charts. I think a new one was created to handle the scale. Arena went from pretty bad to I'm not going to bother anymore. Did eliminate the ERPers hanging out and having emoji competitions. Idk guys. There will always be bad teams in solo anything. All we can do is take our lumps and move on. Sucks.

Maybe we shouldn't be asking devs to do anything. It really isn't their problem. I would rather see them put energy into a new class of ships or a couple maps.

DarkTergon
10.07.2021 , 10:27 PM | #24

Maybe we shouldn't be asking devs to do anything. It really isn't their problem. I would rather see them put energy into a new class of ships or a couple maps.
Actually, we should be asking them to do theirs jobs, and remove the offending people, but like ranked and pvp cheating, no one seems to be doing anything. Or if anything is down, it's reversed or just not shown
Beware, my friends, as you pass by. As you are now, so once was I
As I'm now, so you must be. Prepare, my friends, to follow me

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”

Unfoldingsquid
10.08.2021 , 09:53 AM | #25
The best solution I've seen suggested here is Dwho's, making the amount of conquest rewards consistent across the board would encourage everyone to just play what they like.

You do realize they have entirely separate teams that work on the game (devs) from people who manage the community and deal with cheaters right? They aren't going into a system designers or art teams office and asking them to take time out of their busy day to "deal with some cheaters."