Most of players despise new changes

omaan

Ability pruning especially which literally made game less interesting to play. People can't implement different tactics and strategies because they lost needed abilities for that, some classes lost much more abilities than others (for example, deception assassin lost nearly nothing while arsenal mercenary is forced to choose between vital abilities such as stun, reflect, hydraulic override etc). All of this makes gameplay less interesting, variable and intense since everyone is just clicking small number of abilities in same order without CC tactics and without mobility part of the game (most classes lost their mobility in 7.0.).

All of these was a mistake. Game became more boring and less interesting, more monotonous. It's ok to make mistakes you can always rollback some of the changes, return back interesting and needed abilities and people will only be grateful for that. No one will make a huge show over you returning back all taken abilities and changing loadout choices, people won't shout out "HAHA, finally confirmed your mistakes? We told ya". Most of Players need it, game needs it so people would be happy and could continue to subscribe.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that most players are indeed unhappy with 7.0, but all don't have the same grievances.

I for one (and I'm not alone) don't mind the ability pruning. What makes me utterly unhappy is the amount of bugs, the resulting general decrease in QOL, and the rediculously small and lackluster playable content that came with 7.0.

It was clear from the day they announced them that the dev team would not be able to achieve their ambitions without breaking the game. The code is so intricate that this whole combat styles / loadouts project was doomed to fail.

Nobody asked for a new UI (certainly not specifically for the character sheet and the inventory). Now we have a hybrid UI, old style mixed with the new one, and the new style windows are worse than before: we cannot drag and zoom on our character in the character sheet; outfits auto-apply as you browse through them; wrong stat level information; inventory not closing with the escape key...

Add to this a broken level sync, broken companions, augments and relics not working in synced content.

I suppose end-game players are more sensitive to the ability pruning / broken cycle aspects of the game. Story/RP players like me will probably be more sensitive to the points I've just mentioned. Anyway, it is remarkable how they manage to despise almost all player categories with this update.

I don't know, I'm actually enjoying the game quite a bit.

I was put off by most of the changes and didn't even get a character to 80 until about two weeks ago. That said, playing that new 80 is some of the most (end-game and leveling) fun that I've had since... eh, probably SOR.

Do I have a lot of complaints? Sure.

Is the story way too short and insufficient? Yes.

Did they basically make false promises, especially about the anniversary? Absolutely.

But I'm having a lot of fun. The gearing system really isn't bad; there are lots of groups doing all different types of end-game content; heck, I even tried GSF for the first time since it was in testing.

Point being: I'm having a lot of fun, even if things aren't perfect, and it's more fun than I've had in a pretty long while.

if they quit anyway, dropped their sub and never returned.

what does it matter? they're gone...

people will forget and this will become the new norm.

can you remember 1.6? 2.6? or 3.1? (without looking at patch notes or old videos, of course)

Edited by Falensawino

can you remember 1.6? 2.6? or 3.1? (without looking at patch notes or old videos, of course)

Honestly, I can't believe that Hypergate was 1.6. I could have sworn it was a 2.xx warzone.

The more you know!

I don't mind the ability pruning.

What made me decide to not renew my subscription are mostly the changes to rewards. Solo players get no upgrade drops, we now have to do specific content to get rewards, and solo conquest goals got nerfed so badly that the only feasable path to gear and conquest is now... GSF.

I didn't sign up for a space combat game, especially one where people can just go afk or screw up their team and get away with it.

I didn't sign up for getting frustrated with other people trying to gear up.

I didn't sign up for it taking twice as long to get set bonus/legendaries for alts either.

Between that and the lack of story content or even any UPDATE about the future state of the game, I've decided to let my subscription expire in 2 weeks. I'm basically logging on for the logging bonus and logging off until we get new story content.

Needless to say, I'm just extremely disappointed by the direction the devs thought the game should go.

I don't mind the ability pruning.

What made me decide to not renew my subscription are mostly the changes to rewards. Solo players get no upgrade drops, we now have to do specific content to get rewards, and solo conquest goals got nerfed so badly that the only feasable path to gear and conquest is now... GSF.

I didn't sign up for a space combat game, especially one where people can just go afk or screw up their team and get away with it.

I didn't sign up for getting frustrated with other people trying to gear up.

I didn't sign up for it taking twice as long to get set bonus/legendaries for alts either.

Between that and the lack of story content or even any UPDATE about the future state of the game, I've decided to let my subscription expire in 2 weeks. I'm basically logging on for the logging bonus and logging off until we get new story content.

Needless to say, I'm just extremely disappointed by the direction the devs thought the game should go.

I'm not good at putting my thoughts into words like some of you people are. I agree with everything you said here. I personally believe they targeted a player base that they don't have here. I'm not saying there are no PVPers and Raiders, just not that many. They are the most vocal. Until now.

Ability pruning especially which literally made game less interesting to play. People can't implement different tactics and strategies because they lost needed abilities for that, some classes lost much more abilities than others (for example, deception assassin lost nearly nothing while arsenal mercenary is forced to choose between vital abilities such as stun, reflect, hydraulic override etc). All of this makes gameplay less interesting, variable and intense since everyone is just clicking small number of abilities in same order without CC tactics and without mobility part of the game (most classes lost their mobility in 7.0.).

All of these was a mistake. Game became more boring and less interesting, more monotonous. .

NAILED IT! My biggest problem with 7.0 that I lost or must choose between abilities that I loved having and thought awesome. I can't use Force Choke on my Marauder until Leve 60-something! :mad: I have to choose between two-three things I had before.

Devs need to follow this rule: DO NOT TAKE THINGS AWAY THAT PEOPLE LIKE AND ENJOY!! It's that simple!

Another thing I don't like is the lack of new content. I subscribed because I thought I would be playing a lot more in the way content, not just a hours worth of quests and a flashpoint. It's not worth $15/mo for what we got. I canceled my subscription and will wait until it's all released and resubscribe.

Edited by __andrea__

Only been back for a day, and just playing my jedi guardian tank.

Essentially lost my saber reflect (because I'd rather have blade blitz than SR) and I think freezing force is gone too, and is my movement speed increase gone from threatening focus?

I'm just wondering, let's say I decided to go with saber reflect instead of blade blitz, where am I supposed to get my mobility back with freezing force gone and no speed increase from threatening focus?

I would say that I very much do not like the changes, "despise" is close enough.

Edited by RobertFKennedyUS

Only been back for a day, and just playing my jedi guardian tank.

Essentially lost my saber reflect (because I'd rather have blade blitz than SR) and I think freezing force is gone too, and is my movement speed increase gone from threatening focus?

I'm just wondering, let's say I decided to go with saber reflect instead of blade blitz, where am I supposed to get my mobility back with freezing force gone and no speed increase from threatening focus?

I would say that I very much do not like the changes, "despise" is close enough.

Are you doing PvP or PvE? I'm really confused, if you're doing PvE, why you:

a.) would rather have blade blitz over reflect

b.) need the mobility

All of these was a mistake. Game became more boring and less interesting, more monotonous.

I agree 100%.

Honestly, its a mixed bag, there are things i dont like, and others im rather fond of.

The loadouts and multiple combat styles alone, were worth it to me. The outfitter now including weapons, same.

But i did not like the ability prune and some of the choices we were forced into making or how some things were baked in making some classes much more advantageous than others.

I dont like that the content at launch was so short, even if it is a year long journey it needed more meat. I guess a lot of that is coming with 7.1

We are in dire need of a balance pass, which i dont think we will get till 7.2.

But ive realized over the years that all these games have the same issues in one form or another, WoW never got shadowlands right till recently and they are now talking about the next xpac for example.

if you're doing PvE, why you:

Shorter cooldown.

35 sec vs. 60 sec: blitz is up almost twice as often.

I main this class and I feel the same pain here.

When I heard the news, I REALLY thought I was going to side with Saber Reflect in 7.0 (I used to use "the Undying" for the set bonus that worked with blitz/mad dash--and I correctly assumed they would take that out of the game), but it turns out I still rely more on the multiple functions of Blitz.

- A defensive not limited to particular attack types

(100% defense chance can help a lot if your timing is right)

- AOE/multi-target damage

(Important when there's a bunch of adds you want to catch aggro from before they eat the healer)

- Quick movement to get out of AOE, or reposition

(We don't have force speed, or a roll, or rocket boosters... the things other classes have in addition to a melee gap-closer)

... So yeah. It has felt less fun to play some classes, which had abilities that didn't feel like they NEEDED to be pruned, or were "over-pruned". Can't say I disagree with that.

Others did feel like they had too much on the quickbar.

In most cases, it's just 1 or 2 abilities I wish I could still have at the same time. If there were just 1 less choice tier on the tree (eg. "you get all 3 of these things" at one of the tiers), it might have hit the right balance.

Edited by Riyar

NAILED IT! My biggest problem with 7.0 that I lost or must choose between abilities that I loved having and thought awesome. I can't use Force Choke on my Marauder until Leve 60-something! :mad: I have to choose between two-three things I had before.

Well then pick the ones you want? You'd rather have camo, then click on camo, you want choke - spec into choke. It's just gameplay changes, which were needed because every class played the same for idk 4 years at this point? Finally gameplay changes, yea balancing got ****ed but just play the OPs specs and move on. Or don't, I don't really care :p

Merc dps has been nerfed hard due to the changes in 7.0 just like watchman was dealt the nerf hammer in 3.0. This will eventually be fixed but is very frustrating for anyone playing merc because it is no longer a viable dps class for vet or NiM raids.

The other DPS classes have either remained the same or received some minor buffs. The big problem I see in the community is the number of players that are clueless on how to play their class or gear their class. This was evident in 6.0 but level sinc and gear made everything stupid easy. Now with 7.0's version of level sinc these types of players are seeing how not knowing your class is a disaster for you. Suggest you take the time to learn your toon and improve your skills.

On a personal note, I changed my mains spec, adopted the appropriate rotation, geared properly, and am loving the changes. Now just GIVE US NEW content.

It was clear from the day they announced them that the dev team would not be able to achieve their ambitions without breaking the game. The code is so intricate that this whole combat styles / loadouts project was doomed to fail.

Out of all 7.0 offered, loadouts and combat styles are features that did not fail. They have been widely embraced by players. So, what in the world are you talking about?

I for one (and I'm not alone) don't mind the ability pruning.

Massive difference between "dont mind" and "I hate it so much I quit".

I guarantee you that the developers who are now seeing just how many people have quit would rather have those players back, than stay with something that some players "dont mind". I can personally point to over 500 players that quit over the skill changes. My entire guild, and our alliance guilds that lost around 90% of their players THE DAY 7.0 hit because almost every one of them were on PTS and saw the changes personally, the rest followed because of how long we have all been playing together. We have since made FFXIV our home because its one of the few MMORPGs that does not have a dumbed down combat system like this one HAD.

The only reason I can still post, is I buy 6 month subscriptions which is ending at the end of this month, and am doing a "walk through" one last time, when FFXIV is slow, out of nostalgia. The new combat system is boring and is even complained about by new players saying that 3-4 skills at level 20 is horrible.

Lastly. If you were playing before 7.0 it means you also "didnt mind" the larger amount of skills and its past time you admit that the change was MORONIC and was clearly done in some crazy hope of replacing old players of a combat system that has been here for 10 years with some magical new playerbase that likes dumbed down garbage combat.

A change that is clearly not going to happen. Also, new players have no idea about the bugs being new, the gearing system being new, the UI being new. Its all about the combat.

Massive difference between "dont mind" and "I hate it so much I quit".

I guarantee you that the developers who are now seeing just how many people have quit would rather have those players back, than stay with something that some players "dont mind". I can personally point to over 500 players that quit over the skill changes. My entire guild, and our alliance guilds that lost around 90% of their players THE DAY 7.0 hit because almost every one of them were on PTS and saw the changes personally, the rest followed because of how long we have all been playing together. We have since made FFXIV our home because its one of the few MMORPGs that does not have a dumbed down combat system like this one HAD.

Wow, 500 players all quit your guild and unsusbcribed the minute 7.0 came out because of ability pruning? That's crazy, bro. 90% of your 600 player guild were on the PTS? Holy cow, bro. Crazy stuff, man. Totally legit.

FFXIV doesn't have a dumbed down combat system? Aside from, what, BLM, every DPS class has a very basic rotation, the healers have simple rotations, and there's literally no class diversity. You don't have builds! What are you talking about man?

I remember a hell of a lot more servers back then, more people playing, thus more money into the game, and therefore more content and less bugs. But you right, I don't remember the specifics of each patch, so let's continue settling for ****, and let's lose the last remaining players, so we can get no more content updates soon enough. Genius

Wow, 500 players all quit your guild and unsusbcribed the minute 7.0 came out because of ability pruning? That's crazy, bro. 90% of your 600 player guild were on the PTS? Holy cow, bro. Crazy stuff, man. Totally legit.

FFXIV doesn't have a dumbed down combat system? Aside from, what, BLM, every DPS class has a very basic rotation, the healers have simple rotations, and there's literally no class diversity. You don't have builds! What are you talking about man?

Lol yeah... Very few skills in FF14 compared to SWTOR, even after pruning... My guess is that a lot of people who moved to FF14 are just appreciating the change (you bet I am), but then they'll realize that endgame is just as bad lol... The difference I suppose is that they have more than 5 devs working on the game.

Are you doing PvP or PvE? I'm really confused, if you're doing PvE, why you:

b.) need the mobility

Yep doing PVE.

So how are guardian tanks supposed to get around now? Let's say you take saber reflect.

No blade blitz.

To my knowledge, no freezing force and the movement increase.

To my knowledge, no movement speed increase from what used to be combat focus.

I don't think that "despise" is the word I would use personally.

I am sadly disappointed to see things winding down as they are. I DO believe that the level of disillusionment of the game that has followed the release of 7.0 is perhaps at a new high. I also believe that things can turn around.

Whether or not a more positive direction for SWTOR is in the works or not is impossible to see.

Time will tell.

I can personally point to over 500 players that quit over the skill changes. My entire guild, and our alliance guilds that lost around 90% of their players THE DAY 7.0 hit because almost every one of them were on PTS and saw the changes personally, the rest followed because of how long we have all been playing together.

Unless you're close to 10 years old, you should probably be aware that hyperbole doesn't suit anyone and that it just sort of makes you look dumb.