Relentless Ambitions STILL bugged for saboteurs

Athoraen

Relentless ambitions is still showing the incorrect cutscene for my imperial saboteurs. I took the saboteur option and declined the mission with the shipment of turbolasers and yet I'm still presented with the scene where it seems the mission has been completed in favor of the empire (loyalist choice)

This has prevented me from moving fiorward with multiple characters. I don't want to allow the scene to complete in case it affects the saboteur story path going forward. The quest has been bugged for months now, the fix deployed in an earlier patch does not seem to work for characters who have already started the mission before the patch. (Please note I have already reset the mission and the phase multiple times since)

This is potentially a story breaking bug for saboteurs. Is there an update on a fix?

Edited by Athoraen

Still having the same problem also. The prior 'fix' did not work for Saboteurs who were already at this stage. (I just took a new Saboteur through and didn't get the cutscene bug, so it appears to only affect older characters before the 'fix' was introduced.)

It has been months since this came out and it is preventing me from taking the majority of my Imperial's through the story, especially with 7.0 looming. I am reluctant to go forward on any of these characters out of fear it may break their Saboteur status in a later update.

Even an acknowledgement that this wouldn't break these characters would be something better than the current radio silence. Months ago myself and others with this bug were asked to send character/server details so this could be looked into and we've heard nothing back since.

Edited by Farferello

Still having the same problem also. The prior 'fix' did not work for Saboteurs who were already at this stage. (I just took a new Saboteur through and didn't get the cutscene bug, so it appears to only affect older characters before the 'fix' was introduced.)

It has been months since this came out and it is preventing me from taking the majority of my Imperial's through the story, especially with 7.0 looming. I am reluctant to go forward on any of these characters out of fear it may break their Saboteur status in a later update.

Even an acknowledgement that this wouldn't break these characters would be something better than the current radio silence. Months ago myself and others with this bug were asked to send character/server details so this could be looked into and we've heard nothing back since.

Yeah it's been a long time and the devs just seem to be ignoring it at this point. The community team responds to other posts in the forums so its not like they can't see all the posts that have been made. Like you say, as much of a bummer it would be that this can't be fixed, I feel like at the very least they could tell us whether or not just going through with the mission will have any major consequences.

Exactly! Just an update to let us know if we can play through the scene without locking the saboteur path or not would be fine. The whole radio silence is not cool. I PM'd the community team asking for an update over a week ago and heard nothing back. Really not good considering this has pretty much prevented us from playing these characters for months.

So, what then? Only new players will have this fixed for them and we're out of luck? If no one has come out and said that any reply will be fine and we can continue being saboteurs in the next expansion, then I'm guessing they already know that isn't the case and the saboteur option will end after Relentless Ambitions because they don't know how to fix it for us.

So, what then? Only new players will have this fixed for them and we're out of luck? If no one has come out and said that any reply will be fine and we can continue being saboteurs in the next expansion, then I'm guessing they already know that isn't the case and the saboteur option will end after Relentless Ambitions because they don't know how to fix it for us.

it will suck if that's the case, and I am still holding out hope that they are trying to fix it, but at this point its super annoying to just be constantly ignored whenever we try and bring it up. I'd prefer they just tell us that there is nothing they can do and we just have to carry on. Obviously id hope they would compensate players, or add in a small quest that could put us back on track, but yeah at this point to hear them say anything would be nice. Sadly i think they cant do it and since it fixed for some people they are just going to act like they fixed it and ignore the people who still have the issue

It certainly feels that way which would be awful. That would be nearly all my Imperial characters now rendered useless. I've had some of them for years, they have pets I can't get on them again, armour, titles, I don't want to have to remake them from scratch because of some stupid bug possibly breaking their storyline through no fault of my own.

• 1 month later...

Is there any news on this? 7.0 is due to release in a couple of weeks and we've still heard nothing about whether it will be fixed or, if not, whether it's safe to proceed. My imp main (and my favourite of my characters by far) is stuck in limbo over this because I don't dare move him on. If fixing it is problematical, would it be possible to do like you did with the Lana romance bug a few years ago and add a mission to talk to someone to re-set the saboteur flag (or whatever's used to mark a character as a saboteur)?

It worries me somewhat that this has never been added to known issues and the two threads on the topic have never been merged, as has happened with a number of others. I confess it makes me wonder if anyone's actually still reading them, even though the community team assure us that they do read everything. Please can we have some info about the situation, or at least an acknowledgement that it hasn't been forgotten? It's game-breaking for some of us.

Is there any news on this? 7.0 is due to release in a couple of weeks and we've still heard nothing about whether it will be fixed or, if not, whether it's safe to proceed. My imp main (and my favourite of my characters by far) is stuck in limbo over this because I don't dare move him on. If fixing it is problematical, would it be possible to do like you did with the Lana romance bug a few years ago and add a mission to talk to someone to re-set the saboteur flag (or whatever's used to mark a character as a saboteur)?

It worries me somewhat that this has never been added to known issues and the two threads on the topic have never been merged, as has happened with a number of others. I confess it makes me wonder if anyone's actually still reading them, even though the community team assure us that they do read everything. Please can we have some info about the situation, or at least an acknowledgement that it hasn't been forgotten? It's game-breaking for some of us.

I did recieve a response to my 2nd PM a few weeks ago. But basically all they said was "We're still investigating but we don't have any new information." and they'll update this thread when they do. But to be honest, I get the impression this was just because I called them out for not following up..I'm not sure how much I actually believe this will get fixed anymore. But maybe they'll suprise me and come through in the next patch.

• Dev Post

Hi all,

A fix will be implemented in 7.0, but please read the below carefully.

This intended player experience path will only apply to new characters not existing ones.

Players that are past the previous quest will still see the briefing scene. Though this does not match up with the choice that was made, these characters' stories will not be impacted, so they can continue on their journey.

Hi all,

This intended player experience path will only apply to new characters not existing ones.

Players that are past the previous quest will still see the briefing scene. Though this does not match up with the choice that was made, these characters' stories will not be impacted, so they can continue on their journey.

That's great news, thanks for the update Jackie!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

is it the same for the bug in whispers in the force where bounty hunters act as if they are meeting akaavi for the first time