Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Hesdar
12.13.2011 , 10:34 AM | #2421
my bro pre-ordered 1 August, and he's in from 3rd wave
The Force is with you always.

FobManX
12.13.2011 , 10:34 AM | #2422
Remember that a lot of the invited players aren't playing yet because they're at work, school, etc. No surprise if they're only doing four waves if those waves encompass a massive amount of people who haven't yet logged in.

After 5 PM EST they'll get a much better idea of what their servers can handle.

Grmp
12.13.2011 , 10:34 AM | #2423
07.25.2011 comes soon hopefully
Had higher hopes for SWtor than to be a f2p WoW clone

GothicSaint
12.13.2011 , 10:34 AM | #2424
Quote: Originally Posted by Vordimus View Post
Well then explain to me why people who have Preordered today have got in to the game instantly please?
Because you fell for the oldest Troll maneuver in the book.

Bio has been VERY clear on how this was going to happen, They are still working on day one and day two early access folks.

Have a beer, take a tranquilizer and read the forums .

The forums can be more entertaining than the actual game.

Like right now, the manboy tantrums are hilarious.
Terminus Est

DarthLordB
12.13.2011 , 10:34 AM | #2425
What we have here, is a failure to communicate!!

I think a lot of people honestly misunderstand what Early Access REALLY means. Allow me to enlighten you a bit about it.

Early Access = A term used by any game developer/publisher/distributor to control the flow of traffic to said game. Most of you people think that early access is a gift. There is "some" truth to that. However, in fact early access is the companies way of handling all the customers how they see fit without us having any ability for legitimate recourse.

Name one MMO out there that had hundreds of thousands of pre sales to their game that didn't have an early access. They do it as a sales pitch but that isn't the real reason. Early Access allows them to do as they see fit for the launch of their game without you being able to take legal action to false advertisement.

They can't do this on the 20th. They would have a class action lawsuit on their hands. So by offering to us Early Access as a "gift," then they can run it how they see fit.

Now in knowing this, I don't have a problem or complaint about money or anything else. My only issue is with the way they have decided to go about it. Doing the launch (even though it isn't the official launch) in this matter hurts ALL of the people that showed loyalty by pre purchasing.

1. People have taken time off of work and sacrificing other things to be apart of the early access.

2. People may not be able to get the name they wanted now.

3. MMO's are supposed to be about community and grouping but your actually separating them like this which is a big part of a new game.

Anyway, like everyone else this is just my opinion on the matter. I really feel you have failed me greatly BW. I honestly would not have pre purchased if I knew early access was going to be ran like this.

Regardless, I am going to go back to bed and hope when I wake up the e-mail will be there. Thanks for getting my hopes up and letting me down. This is the first time for you BW... however it is a big one.

romoen
12.13.2011 , 10:34 AM | #2426
Quote: Originally Posted by Stageguy View Post
I paid in full on July 27th, got an email on the 27th saying:
Thank you for registering your Pre-Order Code. You are now registered for the following items:

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order
Early game access
Color Stone (Virtual Item)

and yet my code redemption history says I redeemed it on 11-2-11. Did I get screwed?

Not in yet.
There are two dates listed. One is for your pre-order redemption date and the second is the early access granting date. That date is November 2, 2011 for everyone (that pre-ordered prior to 11-2-11) so look for that other date for your pre-order date.

ghost in the storm
aurora black, empire

Danlo
12.13.2011 , 10:34 AM | #2427
Quote: Originally Posted by ScramblesTD View Post
Lol europe.
Cute aren't they?
▉▉▉▉▉۞▓[]▤███████████████████████████████████████)

Priah
12.13.2011 , 10:34 AM | #2428
Quote: Originally Posted by Thanatosx View Post
This is really nonsense for everyone who bought the collector's editions.

I've already talked people who ordered way early not get in and more than a few who ordered late and have gotten in.

I totally understand the staggered invites, but it still feels like I'm being cheated out of something I paid a LOT of money for.

Not a good way to start.
You were promised an *UP TO* 5 days early access. It is now 7 days until release...And you feel cheated?!

knightgames
12.13.2011 , 10:34 AM | #2429
I do believe they are stress testing their forums site

ocinito
12.13.2011 , 10:34 AM | #2430
i think its all BS, waves, *** is that, all i ever heard from the beginning of this game is how they kept pushing back the release date cause they wanted no problems with servers when they finally release the game, now we all have to wait again, does this quote sound familiar?," hurry up and wait", what the **** Bioware is a fail and EA id def. part of it
if there ain't none, then there won't be none