Before fallen empire

Netmaat

Hello,

For starters, sorry for my english, it's not my matternal langage ;).

I have a little problem with the progression in the story. I just finished Ziost and, if I understood correctly, the next step is Chapter 1 of Fallen Empire.

But, when I go to the mission log to start chapter 1, a warning message pops up. It's translate roughly like that "Warning! You are about to progress past a crucial story point and start Knights of the Fallen Empire. You will no longer be able to access class content or partner stories that you haven't completed. It also means your crew is going to undergo a big change. "

It's must mean that I forgot to do something important, but I can't see what. Any idea? :confused:

Hello there, mate. Hope you are enjoying the game! This message is not posted because you MUST have missed something. If you have done every single thing in the game, the message will still appear to you. It's just a warning that you should check again and make sure you did everything because this is a point of no return. So in other words, the message appears no matter what just so that you can be 100% sure that you want to advance.

But for orientation's sake, here are the things that you need/should complete before starting the Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion:

Class Story => Ilum => Makeb => Assault on Tython => Incursion on Korriban => Depths of Manaan => Legacy of the Rakata => Rishi => Yavin IV => Ziost

These form the "core story" of the game. There are plenty of other stuff to do like different flashpoints, operations, questlines, but if doing the "core story" is what you want, just make sure you did the ones I wrote earlier.

But for orientation's sake, here are the things that you need/should complete before starting the Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion:

Class Story => Ilum => Makeb => Assault on Tython => Incursion on Korriban => Depths of Manaan => Legacy of the Rakata => Rishi => Yavin IV => Ziost

Sort of.

The key point is that the Class Story (including the class companion stories), Prelude to Revan / Forged Alliances(1)(2), Shadow of Revan(3) and Rise of the Emperor(4) are locked out if you haven't finished them before starting KotFE.

Ilum and Makeb are not, and nor is the Oricon story which I presume you forgot to mention. All three of those *can* be completed later, even if the storytelling order is more or less what you said. (Oricon comes *after* Makeb and before Prelude to Revan.)

(1) Tython, Korriban, Manaan, Rakata

(2) And you're wrong for Pubside characters, where Korriban comes first, then Tython.

(3) Rishi, somewhere else on Rishi, and Yavin

(4) Ziost.

Sort of.

The key point is that the Class Story (including the class companion stories), Prelude to Revan / Forged Alliances(1)(2), Shadow of Revan(3) and Rise of the Emperor(4) are locked out if you haven't finished them before starting KotFE.

Ilum and Makeb are not, and nor is the Oricon story which I presume you forgot to mention. All three of those *can* be completed later, even if the storytelling order is more or less what you said. (Oricon comes *after* Makeb and before Prelude to Revan.)

(1) Tython, Korriban, Manaan, Rakata

(2) And you're wrong for Pubside characters, where Korriban comes first, then Tython.

(3) Rishi, somewhere else on Rishi, and Yavin

(4) Ziost.

Dude... First of all, I felt it was redundant to write that for pub characters, the first two flashpoints from the Forged Alliances storyline are switched. Second of all, I did not forget to write Oricon, it's not part of the "core story" of the game. The entire Dread War, apart from the beginning which takes place on Belsavis' imp side, is told through Operations, Daily Areas or the Seeker Droid questline. Third of all, I thought it might overcomplicate things to say that there are SOME things you will not be locked out of, as I presume the main purpose of Netmaat is to try and complete the story in order, and not come back and do it afterwards. As such it doesn't matter if Ilum and Makeb can be done later.

Thanks a lot for your answers. I read a lot of posts on the "core story" without finding what I had missed. Now I know I haven't skipped much of the story.

Thanks again and have fun.

Also you should go aboard your ship and complete any dialogue with companions on board before starting KOTFE.

If they have a triangle above their head, they want to talk with you!

(This includes HK-51 whether you got him thru quest or thru legacy).