Iokath and Valkorion

EAFSAMWISE

In the Iokath expansion, it says there was supposedly "infighting" among the original builders which led to one faction testing a weapon that wiped out all organic beings on the world. They also said this happened roughly 1000 yrs before the events in the game. The Emperor is more than a millennia old, and it is known that as Valkorion he destroyed some of the machine "gods" which Iokath had used to terrorize Zakuul, thus becoming their "demon savior" which their Scions had prophesied to liberate them from their "gods." It is also revealed later in the Traitor arc that Tenebrae used Zildrog, one of the machine gods whose "body" was actually the Gravestone ship, to neutralize all life on his homeworld of Medriaas, later renamed Nathema, that gave him the immense power which he came to wield and lead the Empire with (thus the supposed "ritual" he enacted). Given his tendency to want to wipe out life on many planets to feed off the deaths and gain power, is it likely he helped cause the annihilation of the Iokath builders as well because they could've been viewed as a threat to his plans?

Please share your thoughts

Edited by EAFSAMWISE

In the Iokath expansion, it says there was supposedly "infighting" among the original builders which led to one faction testing a weapon that wiped out all organic beings on the world. They also said this happened roughly 1000 yrs before the events in the game. The Emperor is more than a millennia old,

a millenium. "millenia" is the plural.

and it is known that as Valkorion he destroyed some of the machine "gods" which Iokath had used to terrorize Zakuul, thus becoming their "demon savior" which their Scions had prophesied to liberate them from their "gods." It is also revealed later in the Traitor arc that Tenebrae used Zildrog, one of the machine gods whose "body" was actually the Gravestone ship,

Debatable. It's clear that there is a *link* between Zildrog and the Gravestone, but it isn't clear where the "centre" is.

to neutralize all life on his homeworld of Medriaas, later renamed Nathema, that gave him the immense power which he came to wield and lead the Empire with (thus the supposed "ritual" he enacted). Given his tendency to want to wipe out life on many planets to feed off the deaths and gain power,

I read it differently: he has achieved a sort of limited immortality through these ritual destructions, but that immortality must be recharged through performing more of them. (That's why it is *limited*, mind - he must periodically recharge it in some way.)

is it likely he helped cause the annihilation of the Iokath builders as well because they could've been viewed as a threat to his plans?

Hard to say whether it was him or the builders themselves. SCORPIO says that the builders destroyed each other / themselves, but she may not have complete information, or she may be incorrectly interpreting the information she has. Or both.

My take is entirely different. I thought the Iokath Creators created Zildrog. Different sides used different weapons during the Civil War and the Gravestone was lost, the creators dead and the Zildrog computer center was abandoned. Tenebrae discovered Zildrog and learned of the location of Iokath, explaining how someone cloistered in the Stygian Nebula found either Iokoath or Zakuul. I assumed the Iokath creators had mapped a hyperspace route trailing north, through Chiss territory (explains how the Empire encountered this isolationist race) and into territories in the Galactic North and finally settling on Nathema. Possibly this was where they stopped so they could avoid the Rakata Infinite Empire? The Celestials?

I may be missing a key timeline marker there. I thought the creators died out many thousands of years before Tenebrae was born. Somethings probably need to be retconned, timeline wise. It is sort of a mess.