Increasing the tooltip font size?

Malakez

Increasing the Global Scale in the Interface Editor will increase the font size, but it also increases the size of everything else too, meaning that you have to manually resize every other element on the screen to balance it out.

To just resize the tooltip text, you have to increase the scale of the "Large Tooltip" box (it is part of several of the UI groups available in the drop-down, but I generally find it from the "Main HUD" group). There is no option to "just" increase the font size though, you have to increase the size of the whole box.

You have to scale up the large tooltip, the whole thing, in the interface editor. I just checked the layout xml and there's no option to scale just the font.

Open the interface editor, click the tooltip anchor, and you can customize it a little.

Edited by eldefail

You have to scale up the large tooltip, the whole thing, in the interface editor. I just checked the layout xml and there's no option to scale just the font.

Open the interface editor, click the tooltip anchor, and you can customize it a little.

Yeah I noticed this this thread before and wanted to check it out.

Only way for me to increase the fonts was to increse the whole GUI element.

• 5 years later...

This is just ridiculous and the large tooltip thing doesn't work anymore. This is totally ruining my game I cant see letters at all and when I mess with the global scale it will ruin my map after pressing M (I cant see the full map) and I can't see cartel shop ( doesn't fully show everything part on the bottom just like with the map is cut and only half visible)

This is basic thing to do while creating a games can someone please help me and did someone find solution after so many years?

This is totally ruining my game I am using tv screen as a monitor and it just won't work.