Devs, PLEASE listen to this request. I can guarantee pretty much EVERYONE wants it!

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Please for the love of all that is holy give us a FULL choice journaling system. Let us have our characters main decisions LOGGED. You made a decent halfway attempt at it inside the companions and contacts screen, but that only covers choices from KOTFE onwards, and it misses a whole bunch.

It's CLEAR that you HAVE the capability to know these things, how else can the game remember what interaction and quest outcome I had with Malora waaaaay back on Korriban when you get up to Jedi Under Siege. Clearly these things are logged somewhere. So give us access! PLEASE!! I don't necessarily need to see every karmic choice we have made through every single conversation, but I wouldn't say no to that either.... mainly, the important choices should be logged, common sense tells us which are the important ones. Did my agent become a double agent for the Pubs in their class story? Did my BH kill Tormen? Did my Warrior kill Baras or exile him? Etc etc etc.

Anything that may come up in the story again, should be logged. I've been begging for this for years, and I've only got like 25 characters. I cannot imagine how some of the posters I've seen around here manage to remember the personalities of 80 toons theyve rolled. Sure, you can write stuff down yourself to remember, but it's a little late for that now. Not something I considered on my first Inq playthrough years ago.

Come on devs. DO IT!! PLEASE! Even give me one of those "We'll look into it" posts... Give me SOME hope that I can remember half my characters...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t want this. So you can not guarantee everyone wants this.

As I was writing it I knew there'd be a contrarian. So why then? Just to spoil a feature for others? Even if you wouldn't personally use it, why would you be against it? What possible reason could there be? You don't want to be able to know what your character did when...? You've just got a photographic memory huh? Admit it, you just wanted to come here and, as I said, be a contrarian.

I would say it is possible but it isnt worth putting resources on it compared to making actual content.

It would be nice but that's it, and I know well how annoying it can be cuz i have often remade characters cuz i didnt remember the choices I made on a previous one.

What resources? I mean... they were redesigning the damn UI anyways. Why do people act like every little thing is a herculean effort? And again, can we not walk and chew gum at the same time? Any time there's a suggestion "Nah well they should just focus entirely on this one thing and leave the rest of the game to rot and stagnate."

Yes, if this is something that would cost half their budget, don't do it, fine, but come on. It's clearly part of the mechanics of the game to log these choices ANYWAYS. So I don't see how it could be so massively time consuming and expensive to let players in on that log

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

As I was writing it I knew there'd be a contrarian. So why then? Just to spoil a feature for others? Even if you wouldn't personally use it, why would you be against it? What possible reason could there be? You don't want to be able to know what your character did when...? You've just got a photographic memory huh? Admit it, you just wanted to come here and, as I said, be a contrarian.

No. By all means ask for the feature. Just don’t say you speak for everyone in the way you ask ;)

Trust me, you'll get along better with the forum dwellers if you tone down the hyperbole and sweeping statements when they aren’t close to being true. I know this because I used to post like you in over dramatic ways that riled people up.

Important storyline choices, romances, Light, Dark, character personality... I, personally, just have all of that noted down in a document that I can reference when I need to...

See, I wish I had your foresight. You'd be the Jedi Master, I'd be the Padawan it seems. But still, that shouldn't be necessary for you to need to do when they clearly know all this stuff inside the game already

Well, I totally like this idea. If redesigning stuff to add this "journal" takes a lot of their time because 7.0 is pretty much done, then the least they could do is in the "Companion" window, just add more descriptive text under the NPC, e.g. Darth Marr was killed when confronting Valkorion, you killed Kalyo for disobeying order....etc. The problem with this is that this doesnt work for some characters who do not appear in the "Companion" tab, like Baras for example. Perhaps, this will not be implemented in 7.0, but in future iterations, it is worth brainstorming this and hopefully we get some meaningful QoL improvements.

Well, I totally like this idea. If redesigning stuff to add this "journal" takes a lot of their time because 7.0 is pretty much done, then the least they could do is in the "Companion" window, just add more descriptive text under the NPC, e.g. Darth Marr was killed when confronting Valkorion, you killed Kalyo for disobeying order....etc. The problem with this is that this doesnt work for some characters who do not appear in the "Companion" tab, like Baras for example. Perhaps, this will not be implemented in 7.0, but in future iterations, it is worth brainstorming this and hopefully we get some meaningful QoL improvements.

Exactly, this would even do the job. Add more important characters to the contact window and tell us what happened to them. Perfect. Although, I have noticed it to be unreliable. Senya's entries in particular have been totally wrong for me before on some characters, saying I made certain decisions I definitely had not, like I'd made the decision in question only hours or days earlier so I hadn't forgotten yet for once lol

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I think this idea has been proposed a few time in the past.

And I REALLY wants it.

I don't even want a fancy interface or whatever, just a plain window with plain text that lists my decisions. Not all decisions, but the ones that cause branches in dialogue options. It would be great to look back to my characters decisions because with the time passed and the numbers of alts I have, I forget some of the decisions my characters made.

This would be nice, but I think there are many other QoL things that are more important, such as fixing a lot of the armor pieces.

Non-bald helments and rocket packs that actually work with Reload & Recharge would be nice. (This is why my BH only wears the capital city legacy gear -- it actually works!)

nah ill pass i would rather them start giving us hairdos that can be seen under hoods instead of being bald . Now this is something everyone would want .

+1 for this and for armour that doesn't clip hairstyles (especially the single braid which annoying disappears under too many outfits).

I don't need a journal of everything my characters have/haven't done. The only thing I might like is an indicator to see if my alliance is separate or not (since I sometimes forget to add it to my table of characters) but it's not essential since they made Alliances irrelevant anyway. So no, OP, you don't speak for me.

*sigh* I'm not suggesting one or the other here. Not sure why people always do that. What's the reason to NOT do this?

I'll back you on this. I'd like this. I have so many alts I can't always remember what choices I made on what character.

It would be nice to have a reference.

And ignore the people who say "I'd rather they work on "x" instead" - none of them know how much or how little work this would take, or really know whether work on this would really detract from something else.

To me, this is a huge QoL that would be well worth it for those of us who care about our stories.

According to Charles they don't actually track every decision every character has made. KotFE/KOTET doesn't either but there are some things that get "remembered/logged" for the journal entries, etc..

Thank you for posting this. I was going to do the same. It’s why I was saying to the OP how big this job would be to setup a proper database.

And considering they don’t currently track everything. It would actually be technically impossible to do it in retrospect for current characters. They would only be able to do it for new characters.

Which kind of defeats the purpose of why the OP wants it added now because they can’t remember their choices on current characters.

What's the reason to NOT do this?

Limited resources, swtor very clearly has a far smaller budget than any of the other big mmorpgs so they have to choose what they work on and what they dont, prioritize.

And some obviously want something else a lot more than this for example, up to the devs though.

According to Charles they don't actually track every decision every character has made. KotFE/KOTET doesn't either but there are some things that get "remembered/logged" for the journal entries, etc..

They seem to remember an awful lot of random crap to me. Again, who in their right mind would be predicting that they'd need to remember what outcome your character had in the Malora quest on Korriban to be able to go back and reference it. Pretty sure you get different dialogue with her in JUS based on that. I'm not saying every choice everywhere is logged. Thats thousands by now. But I'm sure there ARE some that have been logged. So why not show it to us

I'll back you on this. I'd like this. I have so many alts I can't always remember what choices I made on what character.

It would be nice to have a reference.

And ignore the people who say "I'd rather they work on "x" instead" - none of them know how much or how little work this would take, or really know whether work on this would really detract from something else.

To me, this is a huge QoL that would be well worth it for those of us who care about our stories.

I simply forgot how negative these forums are tbh. The answer to every suggestion is shut up they don't have time. As if it's our job to consider all the behind the scenes nonsense. Literally everyone here saying they don't want it is basing that answer on the same old tired resource concerns. I'm asking if THEY would like the feature to be in the game. Not if they wanna sit and code it themselves... Why do they care how much work it takes. Just say if it would be a nice feature to have or not, if there's enough support, maybe it's implemented in the future at some point as part of a general QoL update, I'm not sitting here asking for them to dedicate the whole fiscal budget to it and get it done by tomorrow... Damn. But people just cannot wait to pour cold water on everything.

I simply forgot how negative these forums are tbh. The answer to every suggestion is shut up they don't have time. As if it's our job to consider all the behind the scenes nonsense. Literally everyone here saying they don't want it is basing that answer on the same old tired resource concerns. I'm asking if THEY would like the feature to be in the game. Not if they wanna sit and code it themselves... Why do they care how much work it takes. Just say if it would be a nice feature to have or not, if there's enough support, maybe it's implemented in the future at some point as part of a general QoL update, I'm not sitting here asking for them to dedicate the whole fiscal budget to it and get it done by tomorrow... Damn. But people just cannot wait to pour cold water on everything.

And the technical problem of them currently not tracking decisions makes this impossible to implement for any current characters.

So do you still want it for new characters at the expense of less content or other QOL features or bug fixes. Because your existing characters won’t be able to have it.

And the technical problem of them currently not tracking decisions makes this impossible to implement for any current characters.

So do you still want it for new characters at the expense of less content or other QOL features or bug fixes. Because your existing characters won’t be able to have it.

They seem to remember an awful lot of random crap to me. Again, who in their right mind would be predicting that they'd need to remember what outcome your character had in the Malora quest on Korriban to be able to go back and reference it. Pretty sure you get different dialogue with her in JUS based on that. I'm not saying every choice everywhere is logged. Thats thousands by now. But I'm sure there ARE some that have been logged. So why not show it to us

:rolleyes:

You make a hyperbolic thread with hyperbolic comments and you ask why the response is negative? really?

The reason people are commenting is because you tried to speak for them. That annoys people.

If you had posted a thread like: "Choice journal for characters" in the suggestion box, you would not have gotten this response. People who don't care about the feature would just ignore the suggestion. You probably still would have gotten people questioning the technical issues, but that's about it.