Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ERIC, IDEA TO FIX PROBLEM! People, please read and nicely respond

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ERIC, IDEA TO FIX PROBLEM! People, please read and nicely respond

ClaytonL
11.18.2015 , 11:18 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Pookan View Post
Wrong.
Rank 1 healer in 4.0.1 was twice stronger than Rank 50 healer in 4.0.2
well the rank 1 healer shouldn't be stronger ...

that of course would have to be changed. so that 50 is stronger ..

but what i was trying to say: you give people a reason to max influence and both sides should be satisfied.
You want free 7 days of subscription time and a bundle of goods?
Free server transfer? Some unlocks?

Feel free to use my Referral link and claim your reward now! Rewards

Atalantia
11.18.2015 , 11:24 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Pavijan View Post
Except nobody was buying low level blue crafted armors that synthweavers and armormechs are making, instead they were doing ultra-easy mode heroics and getting equivalent gear for free, while earning more credits. That was making those professions totally worthless until lvl 500, which doesn't really strike me as fair, nor fun for them.
Those crafting disciplines have been worthless for a couple of years cept for augments. The dropping of mods and enhancement and hilts to 2 comms with the 12x xp also didn't help and try selling an orange item vs a CM item.

The only time those professions in crafting made real money was before the cartel market. So blow smoke somewhere else
Was before F2P

Jeronas
11.18.2015 , 11:26 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ClaytonL View Post
its simple actually..

companion without influence = crap
companion with influence 50 = strong as it used to be before the patch.

people want challenge = don't up influence and have fun
people want to play the other way = max your companion and have fun
YEAH YEAH..... and how many new players (or average player in general) has millions of credits to buy tons of companion gifts to get even a single companion to rank 50?

Companions were fine before the patch! The people that complained about OP compansions were ones that (deliberately or unconsciously) abused a bug with the main hand weapon and slotted a high end weapon in it, that ridiculously boosted your companion's damage / healing!

I mean sure.... at lower level companions felt a bit crazy overpowered, but the moment I got beyond level 35, it became less and less overpowered! Especially when the level sync kicked in (which pretty much also way overboard nerfs your character)!
Especially when I was doing the Hutt Cartel and Revan content, my companions didn't feel that overpowered at all anymore (with highest one at rank 25 ).

But right now after this idiotic patch my companions, in DPS stance as example, not even do half the DPS than my Jedi Guardian in Tank spec / tank gear does! That's worse than how it was before Patch 4.0 KotFE !!

So I am seriously wondering what kind of data they used? Most likely people in full raid gear + companions at rank 50 + main hand weapon exploit bug as baseline for this nerf!! /FACEPALM

Pirindolo
11.18.2015 , 11:30 AM | #14
To the opening post: We already had that. Just toggle off some of the abilities of your "OP" companion (or all of them) to make it way less powerful. That easy.

But instead of that, now every people must play the solo and H2 content the same (hard and tedious) way.
May the fork be with you

Arlon_Nabarlly
11.18.2015 , 11:43 AM | #15
I have a suggestion tread in the suggestion forums about this. My suggestion is to allow people to disable and/or modify their presence to self manage companion difficulty. The same could be done with influence as well.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...96#post8631996

Arlon_Nabarlly
11.18.2015 , 11:44 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirindolo View Post
To the opening post: We already had that. Just toggle off some of the abilities of your "OP" companion (or all of them) to make it way less powerful. That easy.

But instead of that, now every people must play the solo and H2 content the same (hard and tedious) way.
Solo and H2 content were the same at 4.0 launch. That's why people called for the nerf.... lol wow

well
11.18.2015 , 11:57 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Pavijan View Post
Except nobody was buying low level blue crafted armors that synthweavers and armormechs are making, instead they were doing ultra-easy mode heroics and getting equivalent gear for free, while earning more credits. That was making those professions totally worthless until lvl 500, which doesn't really strike me as fair, nor fun for them.
You do know this isn't monopoly? Crafting isn't just about making a ton of credits. You can actually craft for your own chrs. Making gear for your own chrs doesn't make it worthless.

Ebru
11.18.2015 , 11:59 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ClaytonL View Post
its simple actually..

companion without influence = crap
companion with influence 50 = strong as it used to be before the patch.

people want challenge = don't up influence and have fun
people want to play the other way = max your companion and have fun
In no way is a level 50 companion as powerful as pre patch. I know from experience. My level 50 Lana Beniko does not heal nearly, not even remotely close as before the patch. You are so wrong in what you wrote it's actually funny.

Ed-Ykic
11.18.2015 , 12:06 PM | #19
Not a bad idea.......just 1 problem I see with this......
The devs here have the same mentality that the devs with SOE had with SWG. They will do what they want no mater what the player base says and will continue to take the game in a downward spiral.
Bugs and more bugs, bad downloads or no downloads for some, and un-popular changes.
I already did my CU and NGE, dont care to do it again. Sub is up in 16 days and if we dont start seeing some changes in the devs towards the player base ill be done.

Arlon_Nabarlly
11.18.2015 , 12:12 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ed-Ykic View Post
Not a bad idea.......just 1 problem I see with this......
The devs here have the same mentality that the devs with SOE had with SWG. They will do what they want no mater what the player base says and will continue to take the game in a downward spiral.
Bugs and more bugs, bad downloads or no downloads for some, and un-popular changes.
I already did my CU and NGE, dont care to do it again. Sub is up in 16 days and if we dont start seeing some changes in the devs towards the player base ill be done.
Yeah I'm pretty sure 4.0 is this games NGE. We'll see though.