Developer Update – Terror from Beyond

CourtneyWoods

Does B/w understand that when they only release 2 modes (Story and Hard) that it screws up progression.

They either need to tune Story Mode to require Black Hole or Campaign (which kinda defeats the name Story Mode

OR they need to release all 3 versions of the zone @ once.

Story Mode = Requires- Rakata and Drops-Black Hole

Hard Mode = Requires- Campaign and Drops-New set off last 2 bosses

Nightmare = Requires Well itemized and Augmented Campaign Drops New set and loose BOP modifications, 2 Titles (Completion and Timed run) Legendary weapon materials from last boss.

That's how I think it should be.

Also at this point shouldn't we be getting end game Legendary opprotunites?

Edited by Jholiday

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does B/w understand that when they only release 2 modes (Story and Hard) that it screws up progression.

They either need to tune Story Mode to require Black Hole or Campaign (which kinda defeats the name Story Mode

OR they need to release all 3 versions of the zone @ once.

Story Mode = Requires- Rakata and Drops-Black Hole

Hard Mode = Requires- Campaign and Drops-New set off last 2 bosses

Nightmare = Requires Well itemized and Augmented Campaign Drops New set and loose BOP modifications, 2 Titles (Completion and Timed run) Legendary weapon materials from last boss.

That's how I think it should be.

Also at this point shouldn't we be getting end game Legendary opprotunites?

Their aim with the new Nightmare modes is pretty interesting imo, I'm keen to find out how it works out. It could end up being pretty awesome if they can produce enough of a challenge out of it.

Nice that you bring out more content but I think you should really start focusing on the things that actually matter like why we don't have chat bubbles. Maybe 1.5 can be a social update and fix things like the crafting system/ emote animation, Being able to sit in chairs, Dye kit to be able to change the color of the armor to what we want and not the that ugly color scale you have inputted.

This information would be very beneficial. If it's not released this week, it won't get a 3 week testing period on PTS andrelease in September.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ninja released it to the PTS this week or next.

If memory serves me correctly, they didnt give prior notice before putting 1.2 or 1.3 on the PTS. They merely announced it after the patches were put up for testing.

Edited by axmarcusxa

It's balanced for Columi and drops Rakata, but will also speed up the acquisition of Black Hole gear.
If EC SM and LI HM are designed for Columi gear then its safe to say that the DEV Team has actually RUN it with a team all geared in Columi only? I'm sure someone has done the math equation, but not the red face "reality" test on this one. Specifically how you put out enough DPS to down each boss in time. I'd love to see that video if you have. :)

I have to say most the folks running EC SM are geared in Rakata or better, so either complexity is wrong or math around the gear is really off by Bioware. I suspect the same will be true for the new OP.

I agree the BH Comm Drops should increase in Terror from Beyond. (Plus some of whatever to obtain the next level of gear if different comms).

Edited by dscount

If EC SM and LI HM are designed for Columi gear then its safe to say that the DEV Team has actually RUN it with a team all geared in Columi only? I'm sure someone has done the math equation, but not the red face "reality" test on this one. Specifically how you put out enough DPS to down each boss in time. I'd love to see that video if you have. :)

I have to say most the folks running EC SM are geared in Rakata or better, so either complexity is wrong or math around the gear is really off by Bioware. I suspect the same will be true for the new OP.

Being in a guild that give a TON of people a shot, people in EC SM in rakata are out gearing it. Toth and Zorn without a fearful that hurts, is a joke and a tank swap. Tanks lol as a Powertech, I face tanked firebrand long before I was even full rakata, and maybe popped a cool down. Minefield is fun and I like it but is a joke with out overload. Kephaas lol we had 5 sec between the death of adds and the next set, and now a days that phase seems to take forever waiting on them to spawn at their 2 other spots. But most dps I find can't pull more then 1100 dps which is not really ideal for that gear and content.

Now this is not ment to insult you but check your gear, the default Rakata/BH/Camp is not ideal stats, some pieces are but most aren't, you have to pull mod and enhancements out which sucks cause it cost more money, but allows you to optimize your gear. And gives you your ideal damage. You also have to be comfortable with your spec and know how to play it. If i meet 1 more hybrid sorc that uses chain lighting on a solo mob, or Arsenal spec Merc using power shot, or PT Tank not using oil (the best tanking cool down in the game). I may have to go Jay and Silent Bob on them

eta on when it'll be on pts? Please respond, thank you.

Also if you don't have an answar, say so.

Exactly, I mean i think I have asked 3-4 times on this forum thread of when we can expect it on the PTS.

So, hey Bioware how about a reply!!!

It is obvious that we are unaware now as to the date exactly when 1.4 will be released, whether you are talking about the PTS or when it hits live servers. It can be skepticized that it will release around the date of September 25th (When MoP hits). I, and the rest of my guild, to be honest cannot wait for this to hit, as we have been doing HM EC for far far too long. It sucks that SM TFB will be dropping simply rakata and possible BH, because when new content releases, it is stupid for only the HM to contain the gear that you wish to recieve. Maybe I am coming from a perspective that is not seen by others because I am a hardcore raider. But if TFB is NOT as hard as they are claiming it is, or will be, even with the up and coming F2P option, this game will bomb. Edited by minticedtea

I promised my Self I'll not gona Play MOP cuz I like this game so much and HOW I'm w8ting this OPS. but after I read ur Posts in this thread. I'm trying to Update WOW now. I skipped Ops cuz I'm Sick and tired to do the same thing. and if u want a new Set Tier try to ask first for new set bounce. 2 tiers with the same thing. even the Ops after this we can use cloumi and Rakata for story mode... and the new ops well be in the 2nd quarter of 2013 :mad:

"One of the problems of other MMOs combat is that you often have scenarios where you have multiple heroes beating on a single enemy. That just isn't very heroic." -- James Ohlen, Game Director, Bioware

I remember reading that as well. I was so excited to think SWTOR was gonna be different.

My excitement has been eclipsed by my disappointment in BOSS fights that are still the same-o/same-o.

They have to set Patch 1.4 up next week (from 10.sept) on PTS if they are going to make the deadline from what the General Manager of swtor said on Gamecoms 2012.

I love your optimism man I really do. I'll be surprised to see it b4 October since they'll release it after free to play

I remember reading that as well. I was so excited to think SWTOR was gonna be different.

My excitement has been eclipsed by my disappointment in BOSS fights that are still the same-o/same-o.

that's because you are reading the misquote. The REAL quote from him he is talking about regular mobs NOT about bosses.

He says attacking one mob and living isn't very heroic but fighting multiple enemies and barely surviving is. Which is what they have in game. Think about how often you actually fight one guy? Not very often usually you are fighting multiple enemies at once.

Thats what they where talking about but that part of the quote is what gets passed around and the internet doing what it does best

When the legend becomes the truth print the legend.

I promised my Self I'll not gona Play MOP cuz I like this game so much and HOW I'm w8ting this OPS. but after I read ur Posts in this thread. I'm trying to Update WOW now. I skipped Ops cuz I'm Sick and tired to do the same thing. and if u want a new Set Tier try to ask first for new set bounce. 2 tiers with the same thing. even the Ops after this we can use cloumi and Rakata for story mode... and the new ops well be in the 2nd quarter of 2013 :mad:

You think wow will be better on endgame? How long have we been killing Deathwing?

8 months, but we have a release date for it's new set of end game stuff, and it was exactly the same for Wrath into Cata (except they chucked a thrown together raid from recycled content in for that one that went down like a lead balloon). It looks to me as if I'm going back to WoW. Most of my guild have left due to lack of content (they cleared EC:HM months ago). Due to work commitments I couldn't raid with them back then and I can't go with a realistic expectation of making progress there now (just need Vargath and Kephess for the mount) due to lack of decent players.

I fully expect TFB to appear on PTS a week before MoP hits, and I suspect it's probably fully tested bug-wise already and numbers just need fine-tuning because they've been holding it back due to a lack of ammunition to go against the other releases that have been coming out recently (GW2 where my guildmates are) and soon.

8 months, but we have a release date for it's new set of end game stuff, and it was exactly the same for Wrath into Cata (except they chucked a thrown together raid from recycled content in for that one that went down like a lead balloon). It looks to me as if I'm going back to WoW. Most of my guild have left due to lack of content (they cleared EC:HM months ago). Due to work commitments I couldn't raid with them back then and I can't go with a realistic expectation of making progress there now (just need Vargath and Kephess for the mount) due to lack of decent players.

I fully expect TFB to appear on PTS a week before MoP hits, and I suspect it's probably fully tested bug-wise already and numbers just need fine-tuning because they've been holding it back due to a lack of ammunition to go against the other releases that have been coming out recently (GW2 where my guildmates are) and soon.

have you seen what WoW did to the tallent trees? If you did you woudln't be saying you will be going back to WoW.