episode VII and chapter 12

mastersdr

They aren't even in the same universe (canon, legends), total coincidence.

Well sorta...

Disney has somewhat backpedaled on the de-canonizing of the Old Republic. Originally they said only movies count, then added movies and the animated TV series are canon too. I guess someone pointed out that Bane was mentioned in the animated series, so they said "ok find Bane counts as well". So if Bane counts then... well it continues to spiral.

Personally I think Disney did the de-canonizing because Abrams was too lazy to read up on any lore for the Farce Awakens. I mean, he ignored Trek lore for his two Trek movies, so why should he follow any lore for Ep 7?

It was always movies and the animated series:

This includes the six Star Wars episodes, and the many hours of content he developed and produced in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. These stories are the immovable objects of Star Wars history, the characters and events to which all other tales must align.

On the screen, the first new canon to appear will be Star Wars Rebels.

And nothing spirals from the canonization of Bane.

It was always movies and the animated series:

And nothing spirals from the canonization of Bane.

Well...sorta.

See they keep adding nods here and there to Legends like Taris and Rakata Prime showing up in Episode 7 though the visual dictionary if I remember right. The point is they are using what they want and ditching the rest. Rather like Lucas.

Well sorta...

Disney has somewhat backpedaled on the de-canonizing of the Old Republic. Originally they said only movies count, then added movies and the animated TV series are canon too. I guess someone pointed out that Bane was mentioned in the animated series, so they said "ok find Bane counts as well". So if Bane counts then... well it continues to spiral.

Personally I think Disney did the de-canonizing because Abrams was too lazy to read up on any lore for the Farce Awakens. I mean, he ignored Trek lore for his two Trek movies, so why should he follow any lore for Ep 7?

Exactly,Abrams Is The Hipster Director Of This Decade,He Should Be Executed For His Crimes Against Science Fiction.