Odd situation here...

Evossan

A ranged skill rotation for a Guardian would certainly be less than ideal. Perhaps you'd be better off starting a new Sage or Gunslinger or Trooper.

I'd be mildly curious to know how losing access to fingers would only affect a melee rotation? As long as you can use a mouse to 'click' on the skills on a skillbar, you should be able to use any rotation.

Edited by JediQuaker

I agree less than ideal, but it's a character I've played almost since Day 1 since this game came out.

I got a nice gaming mouse to help, but the increased time for reaction from being further away from the action 'is' ideal when I'm not used to that play style.

So imagine one good hand, and one mulched up hand. That's what I'm dealing with. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks! :D

I'd be a bad one to get any tips from. I'm what you'd call a 'clicker' - that is, I primarily just play by using my mouse to 'click' on skills on a skillbar**.

Often, when my Chihuahua is spooked by thunder or fireworks, etc, he lays (trembling) on my left arm while I play the game entirely with my right hand (and mouse). I confess to even having done VM and MM GF flashpoints that way.

Other than PvP and perhaps NiM OPs, fast reactions don't seem to be that necessary. 🙂

** That includes playing a Guardian, among others. But my main is a Gunslinger. My skillbars and skills are, of course, arranged in a way to facilitate 'clicking'. (3 main skillbars at the bottom of the screen with the 'rotation' skills clustered around the middle.)

Edited by JediQuaker

I'd need to check my own characters for the exact abilities, I remember them by keyboard position and icon more than name honestly, but I use a Burst-Saber Throw-Force Push chain and I think I also have one that uses a Saber Throw-Force Push-Hew chain...

Which Discipline does your Guardian use? That may help...

In 7.0 they are specifically divorcing story from game play. And based on PTS it seems you'll be able to select a second style for characters created pre-7.0. If that is the case, you could e.g. pick one of the ranged styles available to the consular for your knight.

• 1 month later...