Storyline and Open-World Content Difficulty or lack of...

cheeseforme

I guess that's one take. What about the players that want to experience it for themselves? What about players like me, that have always found this game easy, outside of Operations, the content that's supposed to be challenging? Why would I be advocating for leaving the OW/non instanced content alone? They could turn it up to 11 as far as I'm concerned. The problem being, of course, that a lot of players would quit, and I don't have the money to replace anything that they might be spending. Do you?

I don't understand the question. Please rephrase.

You find the content easy? Me too. That's why I keep popping in every year to ask devs to stop dumbing down content other people don't want to play. I want to play it, if they don't, they can go watch youtube.

Want to experience it for yourself? I also want to go to Mars with Elon Musk, but you can't always get what you want. Guess I'm stuck watching the buggy roll around mars on youtube huh. Such is life.

Edited by Kiesu

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a diffiuclt thing to get right.

How do you balance end of story boss fights when everything else on the planet is level synced?

Do you make them scale to your actual level, and thereby makeing it a lot more difficult, or somewhere in between where it's stil a challenge, but not too hard.

What you and I find difficult is different. Sure the game is very easy and could need a slight bump, but it should not be like some in here apparently wants, namely hard mode. Hard mode is not for everyone, and trying to force others to play on hard mode because they like it won't fly.

This being an MMO makes balance a nightmare. Either you go for what we have now, wich is very easy, or you go for something more difficult. If the devs changed it to a harder difficulty right now, they would undoubtedly loose customers, wich they can't afford to do.

Take a look at Fallen Order. If the devs had gone for one difficulty level only, not many would play it, as the game is bloody hard on Normal difficulty. They needed to have different levels, so that even the most causual can play it, and not feeling like they run into a brick wall, wich is very frustrating and off putting. Been there, done that.

Edited by Otowi

Because you made a statement that you couldn't support. You then attempt to support that statement with "well, here's a toon that's twice as high as my claim, but isn't "just fine" because of a healing comp". In your desperation to support your claim, you ran straight to hyperbole, hoping nobody would notice that, at level 10, you can't even get to Hoth, on your own, just to start with, let alone do "fine" w/out gear.

I don't mind discussing the game, even if I disagree with your basic premise. I would, however, appreciate keeping the discussion to the actual game we're all playing, instead of one that you can just make stuff up in, and expect nobody to notice. It's easier on me when I can look at my own experiences, which told me right off the bat that you were stating something that wasn't true, whether for dramatic effect, or because you didn't expect anyone to know better. My money's on a little bit of both.

It seems like you just want to argue. You tried to call me out on an exaggeration, and I posted the closest thing I had access to without having to spend hours of my time.

Secondly, it's funny you use the word hyperbole. I said "You could take a level 10 with no gear to Hoth and be just fine." Was that not obviously hyperbolic enough for you? As a figure of speech, hyperbole is usually not meant to be taken literally. However, taking my level 23 there shows that my exaggeration isn't so far-fetched, doesn't it? The only reason I can't naturally get to Hoth at level 10 is because the game gives too much exp by the end of Coruscant. But if I did decide to have someone summon, how would that invalidate my exaggerated statement?

Lastly, I never said a darn thing about companions. So I don't know why you bring them up. But they are actually a huge part of the problem. You saw what a level 1 comp could do. You don't have to gear them, and they over-perform, as evidenced in the video of me fighting something 15 levels higher.

Why would anyone inquire about those, the game's too easy, and nobody needs them for the Class stories and OW, right? It's the premise of this thread, after all, and of the x number of others just like it, right? Just sayin', it's not like it can be both ways, is it?

We can have a circular argument if you like.

Because knowing those is one of the things that makes the game easy. New players, bad players, and young children lacking that knowledge is why we can't have nice things.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Want to experience it for yourself? I also want to go to Mars with Elon Musk, but you can't always get what you want. Guess I'm stuck watching the buggy roll around mars on youtube huh. Such is life.

Yeah, like I said, the game currently caters to players who like it easy. So, there's this disconnect you seem to be having where you want the game to be harder so you're insulting everyone who likes it the current way and telling them to go on youtube and if they don't like it, "that's life". But actually it's the other way around. The players who like it easy can keep playing the game as is, and if you don't like it, you can go somewhere else. As I said, being edgy doesn't work when you WANT something, you actually have to build rapport.

And to be clear, I want the game to be harder. I really do. And it's bizarre to me that you're on here telling people to go to youtube, and saying you're not trying to create conflict. Really?

Edited by Ardrossan

Yeah, like I said, the game currently caters to players who like it easy. So, there's this disconnect you seem to be having where you want the game to be harder so you're insulting everyone who likes it the current way and telling them to go on youtube and if they don't like it, "that's life". But actually it's the other way around. The players who like it easy can keep playing the game as is, and if you don't like it, you can go somewhere else. As I said, being edgy doesn't work when you WANT something, you actually have to build rapport.

And to be clear, I want the game to be harder. I really do. And it's bizarre to me that you're on here telling people to go to youtube, and saying you're not trying to create conflict. Really?

Please quote me insulting anyone. I haven't. If you read offense that is on you. Again, if you suggest youtubing something you cba to play i would be offending myself. So again, where is the offense? Are you trying to protect me from myself? ahahaha

You're the one seeking conflict by trying to read something between the lines what isnt there:

That was one of my tips, but please continue cherry picking your complaints.

On the very first page of this thread people are complaining about not wanting to bother with "combat", they just want the story. You can skip combat by watching youtube.

See: I don't like fighting games. I still wanted to see the story of Injustice games. So I watched the cut-scenes on youtube instead of playing.

Don't wanna play? Find the game in video format. It's that simple. I do it, you can too.

It's not belittling (otherwise I would be doing that to myself right now), this is how a lot of people experience games they don't want to play but want to see story of.

My assumption is you're just looking for conflict and I aint here to give it to you.

Edited by Kiesu

You find the content easy? Me too. That's why I keep popping in every year to ask devs to stop dumbing down content other people don't want to play. I want to play it, if they don't, they can go watch youtube.

I've found the content easy, even when others insist that it was more challenging. In fact, I find that it's that way in most of the MMOs that I've played, and the only parts of others where I didn't find it easy was the equivalent of Ops here. Things like dungeons, and what would amount to heroic areas in those games. This isn't a design flaw with the games, it's that I play my SP games on the highest difficulty, and I have been doing so since they were a thing.

I was doing the H4 on Oricon, while it was relevant, with a Shadow tank and Nadia, who was a DPS back then. Of course, I was also progression raiding in my guild too, so I had BiS gear, and so did the comp. Back when I only had like 8 characters, and they all had BiS gear, because that's what I ran Ops for. But I don't expect, and never have, that any developer will build the game to suit me. Yes, there are lots of players that are better at it than I am, but there are a lot more that aren't. Why would I want to push them out of an MMO that they may enjoy, just because I think that the game's too easy? If the story's boring for you, skip it. Once you get to the fleet, you can start running Heroics and FPs to level up just fine, or, if you're into it, PvP.

I'm not against adding tiers to instanced content. I'd probably take advantage of it. However, that's not what the intent of this thread was, reading the title and the opening post, and, I'm betting, reading your tips, that it's not all that you're looking for either.

I've found the content easy, even when others insist that it was more challenging. In fact, I find that it's that way in most of the MMOs that I've played, and the only parts of others where I didn't find it easy was the equivalent of Ops here. Things like dungeons, and what would amount to heroic areas in those games. This isn't a design flaw with the games, it's that I play my SP games on the highest difficulty, and I have been doing so since they were a thing.

I was doing the H4 on Oricon, while it was relevant, with a Shadow tank and Nadia, who was a DPS back then. Of course, I was also progression raiding in my guild too, so I had BiS gear, and so did the comp. Back when I only had like 8 characters, and they all had BiS gear, because that's what I ran Ops for. But I don't expect, and never have, that any developer will build the game to suit me. Yes, there are lots of players that are better at it than I am, but there are a lot more that aren't. Why would I want to push them out of an MMO that they may enjoy, just because I think that the game's too easy? If the story's boring for you, skip it. Once you get to the fleet, you can start running Heroics and FPs to level up just fine, or, if you're into it, PvP.

I'm not against adding tiers to instanced content. I'd probably take advantage of it. However, that's not what the intent of this thread was, reading the title and the opening post, and, I'm betting, reading your tips, that it's not all that you're looking for either.

What makes you think I don't want to do story? I just want the story enemies to actually be a threat. Why should I fear any story nemesis ever if they die in a few hits? Very anticlimactic.

As much as I hate story chapter format, I appreciated them having different difficulty tiers. I actually died a couple times doing gold chapters! Imagine a random security guy on Zakuul being 50x harder to beat than the Darth B, your supposed ultimate final nemesis. ahahaha

You seem to be awfully stuck on my youtube tip, and nothing else. The other two tips that would make your life easier are COMPLETELY valid if you want to "experience it yourself". But if you dont want to "bother with combat" youtube is your road.

Edited by Kiesu

What makes you think I don't want to do story? I just want the story enemies to actually be a threat. Why should I fear any story nemesis ever if they die in a few hits? Very anticlimactic.

As much as I hate story chapter format, I appreciated them having different difficulty tiers. I actually died a couple times doing gold chapters! Imagine a random security guy on Zakuul being 50x harder to beat than the Darth B, your supposed ultimate final nemesis. ahahaha

You seem to be awfully stuck on my youtube tip, and nothing else. The other two tips that would make your life easier are COMPLETELY valid if you want to "experience it yourself". But if you dont want to "bother with combat" youtube is your road.

I could actually care less about your tips. My very first fight with Baras took 3 minutes. Comps were unique, and had to be geared, and there was no level sync. So when was this supposed to be hard? The only end of story boss that gave me any trouble at all was the end of the Consular story, because I consistently interrupted the wrong skill... None of the rest were harder than Baras, and none of them lasted very long. So no, it's got nothing to do with your tips, and everything to do with there hasn't been a time since I started playing that this game was challenging in Class/planetary missions. Some FPs and Ops, sure, but the basic story content? Nope.

I could actually care less about your tips. My very first fight with Baras took 3 minutes. Comps were unique, and had to be geared, and there was no level sync. So when was this supposed to be hard? The only end of story boss that gave me any trouble at all was the end of the Consular story, because I consistently interrupted the wrong skill... None of the rest were harder than Baras, and none of them lasted very long. So no, it's got nothing to do with your tips, and everything to do with there hasn't been a time since I started playing that this game was challenging in Class/planetary missions. Some FPs and Ops, sure, but the basic story content? Nope.

That's not what I was arguing anyway.

Game was never especially hard. But its even less hard these days. People not wanting to revert to even vanilla difficulty "because they can't be bothered with combat" was what my tips were for. I don't know why you are even being so confrontational if nothing I said even mattered to you lol.

Edited by Kiesu

That's not what I was arguing anyway.

Game was never especially hard. But its even less hard these days. People not wanting to revert to even vanilla difficulty "because they can't be bothered with combat" was what my tips were for. I don't know why you are even being so confrontational if nothing I said even mattered to you lol.

There are a myriad of reasons for the game to be less hard these days. I have all the datacrons unlocked, and they apply as soon I roll up. I have all the classes done, and the buffs apply when I walk out of the first cutscene. I've been playing for years now, off and on, and all of my rotations are muscle memory, and all my gear stays relatively current, because I have maxed out crafters in all disciplines. I have crafted stims, and crafted med packs, if I need them. Instanced content that should be locked to whatever level it initially was, instead of the planetary level, just to name a few. The devs can't build around most of this. The only thing they can do is fix the instances, but even then, I didn't struggle with them when I was new, it's not going to change now.

Sure, some people don't want to be fussed with the combat. What's wrong with that? My money isn't worth more than their money is. They've paid for access to the same game I have, and they should be able to play it w/out having to get any where near my skill level, if that's how they want to play. It's not on me to dictate how they should play either. The only time I have any control over that is when I'm grouping up for content that requires some coordination. However, I don't think I'm going to wind up in any groups with them, because I had to quit Ops, due to my own health. If I did, however, anyone not doing what's expected of them in a group situation can, and will be kicked. But when they're knocking around in the OW, doing their own thing, I don't care how they go about it, and I'm sure not wanting to, as I said earlier, lock them out by virtue of insisting that the game conform to my standards.

It seems like you just want to argue. You tried to call me out on an exaggeration, and I posted the closest thing I had access to without having to spend hours of my time.

Secondly, it's funny you use the word hyperbole. I said "You could take a level 10 with no gear to Hoth and be just fine." Was that not obviously hyperbolic enough for you? As a figure of speech, hyperbole is usually not meant to be taken literally. However, taking my level 23 there shows that my exaggeration isn't so far-fetched, doesn't it? The only reason I can't naturally get to Hoth at level 10 is because the game gives too much exp by the end of Coruscant. But if I did decide to have someone summon, how would that invalidate my exaggerated statement?

Lastly, I never said a darn thing about companions. So I don't know why you bring them up. But they are actually a huge part of the problem. You saw what a level 1 comp could do. You don't have to gear them, and they over-perform, as evidenced in the video of me fighting something 15 levels higher.

We can have a circular argument if you like.

Because knowing those is one of the things that makes the game easy. New players, bad players, and young children lacking that knowledge is why we can't have nice things.

Yep, you never mentioned a comp at all.. Oh, wait:

Not sure why you're coming for me over a slight exaggeration, but here's my level 23 on Hoth with craptastic gear, and an influence level 1 companion clicking my way to victory! errrr... a draw. FYI Hoth is a level 40-ish planet . Also, I don't have any level 10's plus I'd have to have someone summon me there if I did.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y4gh_mV6-DdgEoxqqiqImtzflmJ_7urS/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RMikllrU-DdF9CI6SA7hNXNiM_1DkdpL/view?usp=sharing

I couldn't kill anything, but they couldn't kill me either, unless I stood still and did nothing. As you can see in the fight with the Sneaky Ice Cat, I realized that Shae's healing was being hindered by her use of her mezz ability, which missed 100% of the time, so I turned it off. I wonder if I stacked a bunch of accuracy I could eventually kill something. In "vanilla" i used to craft nice purples for my lowbies. I still have the old recipes.

PS - s̶o̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶v̶i̶d̶e̶o̶s̶,̶ ̶i̶ ̶u̶p̶l̶o̶a̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶G̶o̶o̶g̶l̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶w̶a̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶r̶.̶ nvm google will automatically update it to higher res once the vids are fully processed.

I guess that was "an exaggeration" too?

There are a myriad of reasons for the game to be less hard these days. I have all the datacrons unlocked, and they apply as soon I roll up. I have all the classes done, and the buffs apply when I walk out of the first cutscene. I've been playing for years now, off and on, and all of my rotations are muscle memory, and all my gear stays relatively current, because I have maxed out crafters in all disciplines. I have crafted stims, and crafted med packs, if I need them. Instanced content that should be locked to whatever level it initially was, instead of the planetary level, just to name a few. The devs can't build around most of this. The only thing they can do is fix the instances, but even then, I didn't struggle with them when I was new, it's not going to change now.

Sure, some people don't want to be fussed with the combat. What's wrong with that? My money isn't worth more than their money is. They've paid for access to the same game I have, and they should be able to play it w/out having to get any where near my skill level, if that's how they want to play. It's not on me to dictate how they should play either. The only time I have any control over that is when I'm grouping up for content that requires some coordination. However, I don't think I'm going to wind up in any groups with them, because I had to quit Ops, due to my own health. If I did, however, anyone not doing what's expected of them in a group situation can, and will be kicked. But when they're knocking around in the OW, doing their own thing, I don't care how they go about it, and I'm sure not wanting to, as I said earlier, lock them out by virtue of insisting that the game conform to my standards.

1% of any of that had anything to do with what I'm arguing. Sigh

If I buy video game I don't expect to get as far as everyone else just because I paid the same amount of money as them for the game. That's a dumb argument. I paid the same amount as everyone else for G'nG, never completed it. Won't find me crying to get cheesecake version just cuz I'm bad.

Yep, you never mentioned a comp at all.. Oh, wait:

I guess that was "an exaggeration" too?

I didn't in the original post that i made!! You are purposefully obtuse.

Except you can't. But hey, I'll watch some video, if you have it?

The first advice given to players struggling on Nar Shaddaa or Tatooine is gear, the second is comp/comp influence.

Here you mention comp influence first, so I brought an influence level 1 companion as explained in my next post with the videos.

I'm not going to argue over datacrons, because those extra stats are needed for PvP and buffs are rewards for completing content. It would be nice to be able to toggle that stuff per character though. But do you need to run vanilla with BiS gear; do you need to have the best stims and medpacs on hand? (And unless those stims are for tertiary stats, they're being wasted because of level sync.) No, you can choose to forgo those. Those are choices you've made to make your experience easier. This thread is about the things not under the player's control. You are making a false dichotomy. Players just want a choice, not to force their ways on everyone as a certain demographic did. If others decide they want to see if they can hack it in a harder difficulty mode, great! I commend anyone that strives to improve.

This is definitely worth investigating. Not sure how feasible it is with low dev resources. But it is elegant.

It is, and I would prefer they would go about it this way.

Why would anyone inquire about those, the game's too easy, and nobody needs them for the Class stories and OW, right? It's the premise of this thread, after all, and of the x number of others just like it, right? Just sayin', it's not like it can be both ways, is it?

Or, is it more likely that, with all the datacron buffs we get from the start now, along with any other advantages we give ourselves, that we've taken steps to trivialize the content, and some people are now complaining that they have done just that? I mean, I would think that the objective of everyone insisting that we need more difficulty is to, at the very least, be playing for/with BiS gear, right? Why do we do that? To make content easier. Well, I guess it worked. But regardless of why other players are struggling in Vanilla content, they are, in fact, struggling with it. This tells me that while I have always found the game's story mode to be easy, other players don't.

But you should be required to know interrupts, CC, and DCDs, everything except ridiculously high APM, to get through the story, as they are all necessary elements of gameplay as fights are supposed to get harder and have more mechanics.

The stats from datacrons only take you so far at the beginning. They eventually level out, if your level remains on par with the world you're on. There is a difference between a player being so skilled that a game is largely no longer difficult and a game that is so easy it is unrewarding. If only the player skill changed, then if the player makes a mistake or becomes lazy, they would be punished or at least threatened but the experience could still be fun in this way. That's not what's happening here. It'd be like

You assume all the skilled players are playing through the story with BiS gear? Maybe some players are, but certainly not all of them. You're using sweeping generalizations.

He's using FUD, which has been the tactic of a lot of people against the OP in this thread.

This will be a diffiuclt thing to get right.

How do you balance end of story boss fights when everything else on the planet is level synced?

Do you make them scale to your actual level, and thereby makeing it a lot more difficult, or somewhere in between where it's stil a challenge, but not too hard.

What you and I find difficult is different. Sure the game is very easy and could need a slight bump, but it should not be like some in here apparently wants, namely hard mode. Hard mode is not for everyone, and trying to force others to play on hard mode because they like it won't fly.

This being an MMO makes balance a nightmare. Either you go for what we have now, wich is very easy, or you go for something more difficult. If the devs changed it to a harder difficulty right now, they would undoubtedly loose customers, wich they can't afford to do.

Take a look at Fallen Order. If the devs had gone for one difficulty level only, not many would play it, as the game is bloody hard on Normal difficulty. They needed to have different levels, so that even the most causual can play it, and not feeling like they run into a brick wall, wich is very frustrating and off putting. Been there, done that.

And how many would've played Fallen Order if there was only Easy mode? You know there would be reviews panning the game as having no semblance of a challenge. There must be a balance, and BioWare has been pandering to Easy mode players for far too long while forcing all other players to go along with their wishes. Give the players a choice!

If you want the game to be more challenging, then why are you using the "love it or leave it" fallacy? You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Three minutes is significantly longer than the five to ten seconds story boss fights take now. That's about the length of a fight with a champion enemy in some of the heroic areas now. No one is asking for a ten minute story boss fight.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

1% of any of that had anything to do with what I'm arguing. Sigh

If I buy video game I don't expect to get as far as everyone else just because I paid the same amount of money as them for the game. That's a dumb argument. I paid the same amount as everyone else for G'nG, never completed it. Won't find me crying to get cheesecake version just cuz I'm bad.

Nor will they "get as far as me". They're not going to have a plethora of trophies in their SH, from SM all the way to MM. They may, eventually, get BiS gear, given the way gear is distributed now, but not as "quickly" as I will. They can, however, expect to be able to play the stories that were the main selling point for the base game. It's not a From Software game, where the expectation is that only top tier players will finish it. You see, this isn't a SP experience, it's an MMO. It's not PvP-centric, so that level of challenge doesn't exist for everyone.

This would be even more hilarious, if it weren't for the fact that it's so pervasive. You see, I can pretty much copy/paste my responses from GW 2 forums, and ESO forums, for games I've played recently, to here, in the exact same topic. There's a reason for that, developers are in it to make money, and they need as wide a net as possible to catch as much money as possible. You can say it's a stupid argument all day, but I understand the motivation behind making the base game as accessible as it is.

I didn't in the original post that i made!! You are purposefully obtuse.

Here you mention comp influence first, so I brought an influence level 1 companion as explained in my next post with the videos.

Yes, I did mention comp influence, but context is king. I mentioned them in context to what is posted in General Chat when a player asks for help on these planets. It had nothing to do with you, but you chose to make it about you? Why is that?

Three minutes is significantly longer than the five to ten seconds story boss fights take now. That's about the length of a fight with a champion enemy in some of the heroic areas now. No one is asking for a ten minute story boss fight.

It was also done in the time frame where this game was supposed to be so challenging.

Nor will they "get as far as me". They're not going to have a plethora of trophies in their SH, from SM all the way to MM. They may, eventually, get BiS gear, given the way gear is distributed now, but not as "quickly" as I will. They can, however, expect to be able to play the stories that were the main selling point for the base game. It's not a From Software game, where the expectation is that only top tier players will finish it. You see, this isn't a SP experience, it's an MMO. It's not PvP-centric, so that level of challenge doesn't exist for everyone.

This would be even more hilarious, if it weren't for the fact that it's so pervasive. You see, I can pretty much copy/paste my responses from GW 2 forums, and ESO forums, for games I've played recently, to here, in the exact same topic. There's a reason for that, developers are in it to make money, and they need as wide a net as possible to catch as much money as possible. You can say it's a stupid argument all day, but I understand the motivation behind making the base game as accessible as it is.

I'm starting to think you have comprehension problems since you keep talking about things that have nothing to do with what I am arguing for, nor responding to anything I am replying to. You keep moving the goal post and going offtopic I never even touched. Respond to what I am saying next time or stop responding alltogether.

If you want everyone to be able to play like you're arguing here, you're basically asking for a visual novel. No thanks. Thats basically already youtube.

Edited by Kiesu

Yes, I did mention comp influence, but context is king. I mentioned them in context to what is posted in General Chat when a player asks for help on these planets. It had nothing to do with you, but you chose to make it about you? Why is that?

You directly quoted me, olag. I think you're getting your posts confused.

If you want the game to be more challenging, then why are you using the "love it or leave it" fallacy? You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

No, I'm not. The point I was making is that if you're ASKING for something, try not being an edgelord "lololol go watch youtube, i don't want a visual novel." I want challenging content yes. People like that guy should leave, NOT because of "love it or leave it" but because he's pouring gasoline on a fire and claiming ignorance. That kind of comment is exactly why the story mode EZ players freak out whenever anyone suggests harder content.

Edited by Ardrossan

And how many would've played it if there was only Easy mode? You know there would be reviews panning the game as having no semblance of a challenge. There must be a balance, and BioWare has been pandering to Easy mode players for far too long while forcing all other players to go along with their wishes. Give the players a choice!

That is true, but I was talking more of if they had gone with one of hardest options only, wich would not have been good. Neither would the easiest mode offcourse.

Do I think the game is a bit too easy? Sure, but as I said, balancing an MMO is hard work, and they went a bit too far into easy mode with the entire level synch thing. But I do believe that it would be possible to do something about this.

If they gradually increased the difficulty as you go, so that the starter planets and home worlds are more or less as they are now, and increase it from there would be a good solution. If they could get that part right, the players would get to know their classes much better, instead of like it is now, where you hardly need a rotation before later on in the game.

Edited by Otowi

I'm starting to think you have comprehension problems since you keep talking about things that have nothing to do with what I am arguing for, nor responding to anything I am replying to. You keep moving the goal post and going offtopic I never even touched. Respond to what I am saying next time or stop responding alltogether.

If you want everyone to be able to play like you're arguing here, you're basically asking for a visual novel. No thanks. Thats basically already youtube.

Ok, let's look at what you're arguing: IF you don't want the game as hard as I want it, you suck, and you should spend your day on YouTube, so the devs will amp up the difficulty for me.

Of course, any argument against this is "moving the goal posts". Counter arguments aren't moving the goal posts, they just run contrary to what you want, and since you don't know how to counter what I'm saying, I'm moving the goal posts.

BTW, what I'm arguing here is maintaining the status quo, with the caveat that they could fix final boss instances to be the actual level they're supposed to be, instead of allowing them to be hit by level sync. So if this is "asking for a visual novel", we already have it, and you may as well rage quit now, and save yourself some grief.

You directly quoted me, olag. I think you're getting your posts confused.

Read the post again. I respond to you, and then break up the post as so:

This line is a new thought, that may, or may not be directly related to what is in the first line.

Except you can't. But hey, I'll watch some video, if you have it?

This is a response to you claiming you could go to Hoth at level 10, and be fine.

The first advice given to players struggling on Nar Shaddaa or Tatooine is gear, the second is comp/comp influence.

This is what happens on these planets when players are struggling with Story content. Note how Hoth is not mentioned at all in this line? There's a reason; it didn't need to be, because we both know that what I asked for in the first part of the post would be a disaster for your argument.

Context. Nowhere does that claim anything about your comps, you weren't discussing Nar Shaddaa or Tatooine, you were "exaggerating" about what you could do on Hoth at level 10. I cited your mention of comps after the fact, because you did, in fact, mention comps. I have already highlighted that, so I think it's actually you that is getting your posts confused. You might be able to keep them a bit straighter if you drop the "exaggerating"?

Read the post again. I respond to you, and then break up the post as so:

This line is a new thought, that may, or may not be directly related to what is in the first line.

This is a response to you claiming you could go to Hoth at level 10, and be fine.

This is what happens on these planets when players are struggling with Story content. Note how Hoth is not mentioned at all in this line? There's a reason; it didn't need to be, because we both know that what I asked for in the first part of the post would be a disaster for your argument.

Context. Nowhere does that claim anything about your comps, you weren't discussing Nar Shaddaa or Tatooine, you were "exaggerating" about what you could do on Hoth at level 10. I cited your mention of comps after the fact, because you did, in fact, mention comps. I have already highlighted that, so I think it's actually you that is getting your posts confused. You might be able to keep them a bit straighter if you drop the "exaggerating"?

You chose to -- and continue to -- interpret an exaggeration literally, claim that I'm making an argument, then backtrack later by saying I'm spouting hyperbole. I accepted your Hoth challenge because it sounded fun. You mentioned comps in the same post as the initial challenge, thus I brought them up in my following post with the videos. If you can't see why I would logically include them in that post, then I really can't help you to understand.

Also, I brought up accuracy in that post. Do you have any comments on that as well? Or is accuracy allowed to be brought up, just not companions? Just trying to figure out your rules.

You initiated an argument about a post not directed at you, so I'm giving you what you want. Are you not entertained?

You chose to -- and continue to -- interpret an exaggeration literally, claim that I'm making an argument, then backtrack later by saying I'm spouting hyperbole. I accepted your Hoth challenge because it sounded fun. You mentioned comps in the same post as the initial challenge, thus I brought them up in my following post with the videos. If you can't see why I would logically include them in that post, then I really can't help you to understand.

Also, I brought up accuracy in that post. Do you have any comments on that as well? Or is accuracy allowed to be brought up, just not companions? Just trying to figure out your rules.

You initiated an argument about a post not directed at you, so I'm giving you what you want. Are you not entertained?

It's a public forum, anything posted can be replied to by anyone. The fact that I can read and respond to posts here means that, within the rules, it's perfectly acceptable to reply to any post on here. So "not directed at you" is as meaningless as "go to Hoth at level 10 and be fine".

Yes, I mentioned Comps, and explained the context for why, in the post you quoted here. So either you're not reading them, or you're not understanding them. I can't break it down any simpler than what I have, so I can't help you there, other than to point out the obvious point of that part of the post: People are struggling with Story content on those planets, so the game can't be all that easy, at least, not for them.

I called foul on a statement that I knew wasn't true.