Stutter all of a sudden

UKLukey

For some reason my game has started stuttering all of a sudden. Its not a constant stutter but every few second whenever I do anything from movement to combat and even cutscenes.

Not sure what has changed for the game to start acting like this. No graphics issues or fps issues just this annoying stutter.

If you're using nVidia, any release after the 466.xx family of releases has proven to be complete and utter garbage, and the last two major updates and one hotfix has done nothing to improve matters.

I'm on 466.77 and if nvidia continues as it has, 466.xx is my last driver (my computer doesn't qualify for W11).

Edited by xordevoreaux

If you're using nVidia, any release after the 466.xx family of releases has proven to be complete and utter garbage, and the last two major updates and one hotfix has done nothing to improve matters.

I'm on 466.77 and if nvidia continues as it has, 466.xx is my last driver (my computer doesn't qualify for W11).

472.12 seems to be not too bad. Dunno about *performance* from a detailed point of view, but I've seen no crashes / blue screens and no graphical oddities.

Well, I say that, but I've seen a couple of bizarre things in GW2's beta support for DirectX 11, but that might be GW2's fault rather than NVidia's fault.

472.12 seems to be not too bad. Dunno about *performance* from a detailed point of view, but I've seen no crashes / blue screens and no graphical oddities.

Well, I say that, but I've seen a couple of bizarre things in GW2's beta support for DirectX 11, but that might be GW2's fault rather than NVidia's fault.

Then consider yourself fantastically lucky.