Ardun Kothe SPOILERS

Jeffko

Anyone care to share their experience dealing with him and his team? Personally, as a Dark Side IA, I couldn't wait to give this guy his comeuppance, and the scene where I actually got to do just that was among the coolest scenes I've ever witnessed in a game!

"Yeah, I see your fancy Soresu form blocking my pistol shots, but what's this? Look at that, you're behind a barrier now... Time to say goodnight, nurse." :D

Edited by Jeffko

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to dark side, I would've saved Saber, Chance, and Wheel, the only one I wanted to kill was Hunter for being a d-bag.

As a light side choice, you defeat him at the Shadow Arsenal and let him walk away, suggesting that we all make mistakes and it doesn't mean we should die for them.

Doing so means the SIS break up your fake-death on Corellia and you have the option of telling Ardun Kothe the truth, a lie, or fighting them I think. I told him the truth about the Star Cabal and when you finally get to their Space Station, he shows up after your confrontation with Hunter saying that he followed your ship to see if it was real, and asks for the Black Codex, suggesting that the Sith would corrupt it and use it maliciously, while you couldn't personally hunt down all the conspirators, but the SIS could.

I refused and he agreed to walk away.

this was the highlight of my class story... I played a lot that week at a friends house so they got to see my reaction to every single time I was messed with and brainwashed...

let's just say that I said "I can't wait to execute every last one of these people" that week.

well when it happened I was physically excited at the though of unleashing myself on them and was very pleased with how it played out.

another friend that plays a sniper said that Arden kills himself with the guns otherwise?

Killed everyone but Chance.

He was nice to me, why would i kill him?

I didn't kill chance either... though it was because I never had a chance to. I could have left him for dead but then I wouldn't be able to savor it... plus i hoped it helped my cover by helping him...

it's too bad that they don't give you an opportunity to pay him a visit in the hospital afterwards

another friend that plays a sniper said that Arden kills himself with the guns otherwise?

Depending on how things goes, there are 3 endings. You kill, you get into a short cutscene fight where he ends up in the room with the guns and dies, or he lives. He shows up later for the last one.

Anyone care to share their experience dealing with him and his team? Personally, as a Dark Side IA, I couldn't wait to give this guy his comeuppance, and the scene where I actually got to do just that was among the coolest scenes I've ever witnessed in a game!

"Yeah, I see your fancy Soresu form blocking my pistol shots, but what's this? Look at that, you're behind a barrier now... Time to say goodnight, nurse." :D

let the team live, killed Arden.

Edited by Calinaph

I felt kind of bad about killing Chance, he was really just a scared kid, but he messed with my head. Anyone who messes with my head dies.

As I played through this, I said to my bf: This was just a job, but they made it PERSONAL when they played with my head. Now I'm killing all of them. I'm light side and usually let people live, but they had to die for doing that to me.

But I feel a little bad about killing Chance, even so.

My bf of course sat in the background cheering, the full dark side sith that he is. hahaha.

This guy is really creepy.

(spoiler)

I mean, I let him lived. Now, he just pops up here and there randomly and says creepy things like "i was curious so i followed you".

definitely a creep.

playing LS character and regret not killing him when i had the chance.

I ended up letting Chance die because, as was mentioned above, they ALL made use of the brainwashing, even him. My IA is already pretty much a hair away from Kaliyo-grade ruthless, so their fate was sealed as soon as Kothe made me jump and pull my weapon on him.

My IA is all about tieing up loose ends in the most absolute ways possible, so she usually goes for her pistol. I may have missed some opportunities because of that, but nothing's come back to bite me in the *** after 46 levels, so I guess I'll just keep on keeping on.

Again, that cutscene with Kothe ending up on the wrong side of that barrier, with the shot of us just staring at each other, was absolutely ******, and a great example of why this MMO stands out from the pack in my book.

Twi'lek girl and her droid friend never used the brainwashing to my recollection, so I let them live. Despite my dude being LS Chance was a hypocritical little **** and letting him die was one of my favorite parts of the whole IA storyline. I honestly have less respect for him than Kothe (whose attitude was more "I don't like doing this, but I'd be stupid not to given the circumstances"- I told him to surrender and got the awesome death scene) and Hunter (who's at least up front about the fact that he's a douchebag- doesn't mean I'm not going to **** him and his fellow puppet masters over as hard as the game will allow when I get the chance, though.)

My Sniper saved them all. When it came down to it, her mission was to stop Ardun Kothe from using the Shadow Arsenal. Letting the people live didn't interfere with that. Plus, her anger wasn't directed at them. They're just doing as their told; using a tool for maximum purpose. Her anger was mostly at the old Keeper for brainwashing her in the first place.

When Ardun Kothe showed up at the end of the story, asking if I would give it to him, I actually did step away from the computer to think about it. He'd shown he was at least honourable. In the end, my Sniper decided to keep it. And her first question when she got back to the Tenebrous was to ask the Minister what he was planning on doing with it. She trusts herself, and only herself, to be able to resist that lure of power and use it to better the universe.

This guy is really creepy.

(spoiler)

I mean, I let him lived. Now, he just pops up here and there randomly and says creepy things like "i was curious so i followed you".

definitely a creep.

playing LS character and regret not killing him when i had the chance.

Who?

I let Chance live and regretted it, all I got from him was a letter :( I was hoping I'd get to use the trust against them or something.

I'm among the group that let Chance die. When he used the keyword, my response was "But I would have come anyway!" When my character just went right ahead with the acknowledgement, that's when I decided that he was going to die.

I wouldn't have been as mad if he hadn't JUST told me he'd never use it, maybe the kid would have lived.

Saber and Wheels I let go, they did matter, no need to unnecessary bloodshed.

I told Kothe to surrender. His suicide by defense battery made me mad -- He was an honorable man, didn't want him to die.

Now all I want is to kill Hunter. I hate that f***. I just arrived on Voss and he's all I'm thinking about.

THERE WAS WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH

It gave my toon something to ponder on the awkward walk back to the Phantom with Vector, that's for sure.

Did your toon immediately...

... asked... nay, DEMANDED Vector to allow her to fulfill her womanly duties; you know... to assert her heterosexuality?

If it was reversed, I know my character would threaten every companion with death--no, no, that's too merciful--horrifying, unspeakable, and painful acts on their person should they ever so much as whisper it during dreams.

Say something like, "This NEVER happened--UNDERSTAND?? N.E.V.E.R."

Did your toon immediately...

... asked... nay, DEMANDED Vector to allow her to fulfill her womanly duties; you know... to assert her heterosexuality?

I like to think so. After THE TWIST, I slowly turned logged out of the game and sat in a shadowed corner for a little while, wondering.

I like to think so. After THE TWIST, I slowly turned logged out of the game and sat in a shadowed corner for a little while, wondering.

*sits on the couch, writing on a yellow notepad* Interesting... interesting.

Did you... come to the realisation you walk the "neutral" path?... so to speak?

*wink wink* *nudge nudge*