HOW LONG WILL Bioware WATCH THIS ?

Warjoke

Greetings

to all who love conquest, like working together in a guild towards a goal (conquer a planet), and ALL who want a FAIR environment on this server and the game.

Short introduction about me and my guild: Maingoal of <Enslaver> is conquest. We run other content too, but we are pretty focused on it. We are not a big guild, but everyone famailiar with conquest on this server knows, that we can hit pretty hard considering our size. We can be called maniacs :) I like decorating (visit our flagship and rishi sh), like working on outfits, and loved conquest.

Right now i just feel HATE. And this hate has reached now a critical size. The transformation into a true Sith already started.

At the moment it is pretty pointless to run a guild focusing on conquest only. Currently 2 guilds win all 3 planets every week. Those 2 guilds are in reality (impside and pubside) 8 guilds. Massive randominviting makes them grow and grow. A third guild (with at least 4 guilds, can be 6 or 7 overall) is growing too at the moment.

If you dont do randominvites ( a concept i really hate, never did, never will do), you will never be able

to keep up with them. I think in maybe 1 or 2 months we will have the following situation on this server: 3 guilds, overall at least 12 on impside and pubside will rule galactic conquest. Even , when there are 1X planets (a rare thing to happen) to conquer, no other guild will win a planet.

People trying to compete for them in a fair way, are pretty "censored" up. If this happens, conquest is dead. Fact.

My opinion about those 3 guilds and their gameconcept is the following: They ruin the gameexperience for many, many others. They abuse gamemechanics in a way i would call an exploit. And it is obvious, that 2 of them currently have an agreement which planets they conquer.

In the last months, they never ever fought each other. This i call wintrading for planets. What i heard, people got banned for wintrading in pvp already. Not for calling people in genchat names (3 day bans they laughed about in genchat), but wintrading.

We, the GMs and the people supporting us, our guilds, are currently left alone. There is no help in sight. Bioware is quiet.

I demand: + Disintegrate those guilds. They are built and grown through a massive abuse of ingame mechanics,

exploits. They shouldnt exist at all.

+ Ban the Guildleaders for massive abuse of exploits and wintrading for planets.

What can you do now ?

Give us your vice, place a comment in this thread, stating:

" I SUPPORT THIS ! ! ! "

Dont let them murder conquest on this server!

The more post here, the more likely someone from bioware will read this thread. And the more likely action will be taken, and YOUR voice has an impact. Dont suffer quiet anymore, stand up and raise your voice!

Even if you dont care about conquest at all, you just play story ( even we as conquestguild have people focusing just on story ! ! ! ), but you want a game with a fair environment, support us. Give us your voice !

Dont let a few people ruin the game experience of many ! ! !

GIVE US CONQUEST BACK ! ! !

FOR A FAIR GAME ! ! ! STAND UP ! ! ! RAISE YOUR VOICE ! ! !

GMs, contact " Undead Corpse " ingame via mail, or chat If you want to support this and coordinate future actions in this fight.

Edited by Warjoke

Solution 1:

Make more planets available every week so that there are more targets to pick from.

Solution 2:

Cap how many points a single character can contribute to the guild or at least get diminishing returns.

This would be even better if conquest was legacy based(for the purpose of guilds, not personal characters) so that once you earn a set amount of conquest guild legacy-wide, you start earning less and less till it grinds to a halt.

Solution 3:

Winning a planet triggers a week cooldown. You win it, you keep it for the next week but cannot invade another planet. This would also go great with introducing more planets to conquest as it will pretty much guarantee that even the smaller guilds will get a good chance at winning a planet.

There's no need to disband and ban guilds that have been around for years, because whilst you may hate them cause they spam invites, it's their chosen tactics. At the end of those days those guilds still help new players and still answer questions for guildies as well as any other guild.

No comment about wintrading ...interesting. I am curious how far you are involved.

Your comment states: Nothing to see, nothing happened, just continue.

And i am totally aware of the fact, that there are some who want to continue acting like the 3 monkeys: no hear, no see, no talk = no troubles.

I will take a closer look at the gamedescription. The official one. Published by Bioware. What do they state there?

Join a guild. Nothing said about randominvites, nothing said about multiguilding.

But: Work together in a guild towards a goal. Work on a strategy.

Randominvites are a strategy? Really?

I wasnt able to find anything about randominvites, preventing other guilds from participating in conquest, nothing about wintrading for planets. Maybe enlighten us. Place a link from an official Bioware statement, or the TOS.

And taking no action , would reward them. You really want to reward them?

Edited by Warjoke

No comment about wintrading ...interesting. I am curious how far you are involved.

Be careful with statements like this, because it's separated from a direct accusation of wintrading by approximately almost nothing. (And if you have evidence to back up such an accusation, you should be taking it directly to the community managers, not putting it on the forums.)

And before you say it, no, I'm not involved in wintrading. Now that I've finished GS1, I'll be back to not participating in PvP at all for a while, and in any event, I only play regs.

Your comment states: Nothing to see, nothing happened, just continue.

And i am totally aware of the fact, that there are some who want to continue acting like the 3 monkeys: no hear, no see, no talk = no troubles.

I will take a closer look at the gamedescription. The official one. Published by Bioware. What do they state there?

Join a guild. Nothing said about randominvites, nothing said about multiguilding.

But: Work together in a guild towards a goal. Work on a strategy.

Randominvites are a strategy? Really?

I wasnt able to find anything about randominvites, preventing other guilds from participating in conquest, nothing about wintrading for planets. Maybe enlighten us. Place a link from an official Bioware statement, or the TOS.

And taking no action , would reward them. You really want to reward them?

I'm just as involved as you are, because I'm a member of your guild. If that's a problem I can leave. If you don't wish to hear another's opinion then don't make a discussion thread and accuse everyone else of being "involved," whatever that may mean.

This thing you call "win trading" is basically just a status quo among the bigger guilds so that all their members might win and get that planetary conquest achievement. Take a look at this week's invasions. Kort invaded the same planet with 4 guilds. ANY ONE of those guilds has better points than Enslaver. Eternal Order invaded 2 different planets and both their scores can beat Enslaver.

So let's say that they're not "win trading", and all the big guilds invaded the same planet, and they wouldn't have sister guilds, you would still be BEHIND everyone. Whether they choose to fight against each other or not, you still don't get to win it, so why are you angry at them when you have less than 20 members that regularly pull more than 1m conquest?

And nobody is preventing you from participating in CQ. Didn't you win a planet last week or something? Instead of looking at all the other guilds who win conquest, why don't you just focus on getting members that will get you more than 50k conquest a week? Why not filter your guild a bit and get people's mains in the guild instead of all their alts that they play once a week?

Your guild description is "no duties, no drama" so it's basically a casual chill guild. You've recruited people that just want a guild tag and don't really care about conquest and winning the planet, and now you're here complaining that those guilds who do put an emphasis on active players who earn conquest are killing the fun for you and you want them BANNED?

Why do you act like it's your RIGHT to win conquest? Improve your guild, get more active members that want to put their MAINS in your guild and not their throwaway alts and then perhaps you win, but the "no duties no dramas" attitude never won anything anywhere. A third of the characters in your guild haven't logged on in a month, so why don't you start replacing those with people who will pull numbers?

Be careful with statements like this, because it's separated from a direct accusation of wintrading by approximately almost nothing. (And if you have evidence to back up such an accusation, you should be taking it directly to the community managers, not putting it on the forums.)

A guildmember, supporter, whatever? Being part of one this guilds, you are automatically involved. Because you are part of it. And i want to make it clear: I dont want to punish the members/players.

I made public who i am, my function, what i do. He didnt. This is the reason why i asked how far he is involved ... And it is just a question, not an accusation.

So, lets put it this way and ask the question in a different way. Who is he? Which guild is he in? What is his role there? And we are back at the start.

And if someone has followed the conquest on the server the last months, and doesnt see anything ...erm yep.

...then i have to agree and yell with the majority ...what do we shout? the earth is flat? or something else?

There is only one truth?

I ask everyone, enlighten me. what is the truth?

A guildmember, supporter, whatever? Being part of one this guilds, you are automatically involved. Because you are part of it. And i want to make it clear: I dont want to punish the members/players.

I made public who i am, my function, what i do. He didnt. This is the reason why i asked how far he is involved ... And it is just a question, not an accusation.

So, lets put it this way and ask the question in a different way. Who is he? Which guild is he in? What is his role there? And we are back at the start.

And if someone has followed the conquest on the server the last months, and doesnt see anything ...erm yep.

...then i have to agree and yell with the majority ...what do we shout? the earth is flat? or something else?

There is only one truth?

I ask everyone, enlighten me. what is the truth?

I am Remnt, member of your guild, <Enslaver>. You recruited me when I made my fresh character and you were advertising on Korriban for new members. If that's how you get all your members, then I'm not sure what you're expecting.

For the past month(except this last week) I've been in the top 10 conquest leaders in your guild on a throwaway alt that I played for maybe 5 hours a week.

You need more active members if you wanna challenge for conquest wins, not the other guilds to be disbanded because they're winning. Unless theyre using an exploit that gives them more conquest points than your guild then there's nothing you can do except /gitgud. Over 30% of your members haven't logged in for a month. Replace them with daily members and you'll be winning those planets. Organise guild runs on world bosses, flashpoints and operation because I for one have never seen anyone look for group in your guild.

And no, I do not have a single other toon in Kort or Eternal Order or whoever else your beef is with. My mains are in Temasek for the purpose of organised raids and another little guild made of super chill people who only this week have decided to attack Large Conquest and I carried them through it with 2.7m cq in 3 days.

I'm not saying losing conquest is fun, but if you wanna be the best at something, you need to raise your game instead of expecting everyone else to lower theirs. If you can't beat a guild that mass recruits and kicks players after a month of inactivity and replaces them with new players, then perhaps you need to change your tactics or say that it's not worth it.

And that is why I suggested other solutions before you accused me of things that have nothing to do with me.

Holmes, you arent in the guild for a long time i would say. And yes, i dont force people to do conquest. And yes, it is a pretty chill guild. But when we go for a planet, usually the entire guild works pretty hard towards this goal. And arguing, that we have at the moment not many points, i mean this is priceless.

What is the difference between rank 2,3,4 and 5 in the list? It doesnt matter. So there is no real reason to go for high cq numbers right now. When we won Taris, we were 13 mils behind the numbers of the mainguild of one of the 2. We were a top 5 (maybe even 3, cant remember) guild with cq points on this server !

And i am totally aware of the fact, that many players have toons in those guilds. Just to get the titles. And they have toons in guilds like i run one.

But you are not hitting the problem in your post at all.

Btw, if you feel uncomfortable, feel free to leave the guild. And take your friends with you.

Holmes, you arent in the guild for a long time i would say. And yes, i dont force people to do conquest. And yes, it is a pretty chill guild. But when we go for a planet, usually the entire guild works pretty hard towards this goal. And arguing, that we have at the moment not many points, i mean this is priceless.

What is the difference between rank 2,3,4 and 5 in the list? It doesnt matter. So there is no real reason to go for high cq numbers right now. When we won Taris, we were 13 mils behind the numbers of the mainguild of one of the 2. We were a top 5 (maybe even 3, cant remember) guild with cq points on this server !

And i am totally aware of the fact, that many players have toons in those guilds. Just to get the titles. And they have toons in guilds like i run one.

But you are not hitting the problem in your post at all.

Btw, if you feel uncomfortable, feel free to leave the guild. And take your friends with you.

So what is the problem then? You said it's a chill guild with no duties, but then you turn around and say that you want to win a grinding conquest whilst not requiring anything from your members? Can't have the cake and eat it too.

Get more active people. Filter out alts that just take up space in the guild and work like that. All the other big guilds didn't just suddenly start winning conquest over time, they built it up. Last week you hit the 100m CQ mark for the first time, make it 110m next time, then 120m and keep going.

The problem is that there's a dude out there with such an ego and so much time on his hands that he's willing to run 4 guilds, all farming for conquest, because he wants his name on the board all over. Ambitious fella but if he has the time and puts in the effort to do all that, then by all means he's earned it and you can either match it or say "yeah I'm happy where I am."

So keep growing your guild, and keep getting active members, and that gap will get smaller and smaller each week.

Wow. This went personal quickly in a way that I wish it hadn't. I'm a member of this guild too, and it's actually a very friendly, helpful place, so I hope we get back to that and just chalk this up to the fact that when you feel very strongly about something (like the conquest wintrading in question), it's easy for a person's passions to get out of hand in a way that they usually don't. I know our GM (and probably others) invests a lot of time, energy, credits and work to build the guild, and it's got to be angering to be continually hitting that same ceiling that megaguilds have built to protect themselves.

I support a strategy to fix the problem of conquest wintrading, and I *hope* we're all like-minded in this, to some degree? Except that wintrading isn't just a status quo among the bigger guilds -- there has definitely been some collusion between the two megaguilds on which planets to invade so that they don't directly compete, but instead consolidate their dominance. This isn't about making our guild rank higher, it's about giving more chances to all competitive guilds, and addressing problems that are beyond our control as a guild that is trying to compete.

1:

Ban the Guildleaders for massive abuse of exploits and wintrading for planets.

This is how collusion is handled in pvp. It's a fair demand. You could argue that banning the guilds hurts players who might not really be part of all of this, but banning the guild leaders engaging in wintrading is certainly fair.

2. From what I've seen, random invites are definitely contributing to the problem, as it's at the heart of how the two top megaguilds are building and maintaining themselves. I agree it should be stopped or at least capped somehow, because of the way it's being abused.

3. These two suggestions alone are not enough to fix the problem, but I do like them, and find them constructive enough to help a little:

Solution 1:

Make more planets available every week so that there are more targets to pick from.

Solution 3:

Winning a planet triggers a week cooldown. You win it, you keep it for the next week but cannot invade another planet. This would also go great with introducing more planets to conquest as it will pretty much guarantee that even the smaller guilds will get a good chance at winning a planet.

I don't know if I like Solution 2, as it penalizes hardcore players doing what they're supposed to: playing the game. But in combination, 1 and 3 do help add some competition and opportunities for more guilds.

4. Multiguilding / megaguilding is a problem, and this should probably be explored further. It's a deliberate attempt to circumvent the behemoth guild problem that the guild member cap was designed to prevent. There are times when multiple guilds might want to do something together -- I mean, we have a working partnership with another guild to do ops missions and world boss hunts with that's been excellent -- but when megaguilds are branding themselves near-identically and colluding to circumvent anti-competitive policies, that seriously has to be fixed somehow. A naming policy probably wouldn't be enough, but it possibly could help? What about other suggestions?

May I suggest a perusal of a suggestion I made earlier this year.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=989139

Some good suggestions in this thread, but again, they alone aren't enough to address the abuse that's happening.

5. Some good suggestions in this thread, but again, they alone aren't enough to address the abuse that's happening.

The crux of your post is that a handful of guilds dominate the leaderboards. Specifically, they dominate the top spot on the leaderboards each and every week. In so doing they have effectively blocked all other guilds from attaining the rewards that are associated with that top spot.

At the moment it is pretty pointless to run a guild focusing on conquest only. Currently 2 guilds win all 3 planets every week. Those 2 guilds are in reality (impside and pubside) 8 guilds. Massive randominviting makes them grow and grow. A third guild (with at least 4 guilds, can be 6 or 7 overall) is growing too at the moment.

My suggestion quite effectively eliminates the bottleneck of the leaderboard and strips those guilds of their ability to hold those rewards out of the reach of all other guilds.

Once they are stripped of their power it no longer matters if they do mass random invites as their guild size, and their ability to hold the top spot on the leaderboard, effectively becomes moot.

Your concern is that they block all other guilds from winning the planet, which means taking the top spot on the leaderboard, but there are only a few reasons to take that spot, to win the planet, and my suggestion strips the majority of the rewards from the top spot and affords all guilds the opportunity to achieve those rewards. The one exception is the vanity of having one's name on the planet, which, with my suggestion, becomes nothing more than a vainglorious endeavour as having one's name there no longer conveys all of the rewards.

Adressed to those defending what i attack: Is everything allowed, what is NOT specifically forbidden?

Basically the concept is ok. I worked on the guild, i grow it, we can put out numbers to be somewhere around the top 5 if we push hard. No, it is funny, challenging. And i am sure a lot of guilds, beating us pointwise during weeks when there is nothing to win for us, fear to compete with us, when we have the chance to win a planet. No, i basically like the conquest the way it is.

Some suggestions were to increase the number of guildmembers. Would be 1 more reason to stop running a guild. Why? Management is a true nightmare right now. The worst i ever faced in a game. 1000 members/toons are 42 !!! pages on the roster. Just to be mentioned. There are "shared" legacy names, and , and.. Things i mentioned in another thread. And, surprisingly, got no answer or statement from Bioware. Guildmanagement has seen NO improvement the last years. It got worser.

The 1k member cap is ok.

Adding more planets: Wont solve the problem. Just read my first posting again, and again, and again. Maybe there is a point you will get it. But having more often more planets available would be nice, IF this problem is solved.

What def has to be worked on: multiguilding, randominvites. I mean, imagine: clicking on other players to grow the guild, maybe search the planet just to invite people. This is the only way to grow a guild to be competitive? Because it is possible? Really?

Maybe a solution would be, the player wanting to join a guild has to apply in some way to one and not just clicking the "yes" button to avoid more invite spammings. What i hear, it is a nightmare to run unguilded on starter planets, if you havent autodecline activated.

What does Bioware say?

Solution 1:

Has been asked before, several times. But not sure it would work in the OP's case, as he's claiming the guilds together have enough to capture each planet, and they are working together.

Solution 2:

Cap how many points a single character can contribute to the guild or at least get diminishing returns.

This would be even better if conquest was legacy based(for the purpose of guilds, not personal characters) so that once you earn a set amount of conquest guild legacy-wide, you start earning less and less till it grinds to a halt.

Won't work either, as it would screw the little guilds who've only a small amount of players, not to mention, the big guilds would insist that every member got 50k, so when the CQ is tallied up, there's be several with the max, and no clear winner.

Solution 3:

Still wouldn't work, as these guilds have multiple facets, so they can juggle who wins, etc.

one of the older solutions was to decouple the titles from the winners, so that more people have a chance to get them, say the top 10 get the title, etc. CQ is bloated and out of control, it's taken over every aspect of the game.

If they have winning CQ as bragging rights only (Name at the top, and on the planet), and let the titles, commander shields go to the top ten, etc, it would give more guilds a chance .

hey guys.

even if i understand your anger about these guilds and can relate to it,

i think you should take a step back and try to analyse it a bit deeper.

the conquest tasks are ultra casual based, so that you get points for nearly

every casual activity. just by leveling a character with the story, you get +1m

points on that character, depending on your housing bonus.

that shows the intention of bioware, that there is no real conquest, it is more

a plus to join a guild and an activity reward. and if you want to get the achievements,

you go for such a guild, winning the planet.

to say, that it is no work to keep these guilds running is wrong. they need to kick out

inactive characters, find and invite new ones and hope, that they will keep active an

not gonna leave the game soon. also there are many players with a low or no bonus

at all.

so if you claim, that you are running a guild, specialized for conquest and you just have

a small guild, not able to win a conquest, your guild concept is not the one you communicated.

a conquest spezialized guild would only invite one character each legacy and motivate them,

to do the major points on that character. and they will keep an eye, that everybody got maxed

out bonuses. such a guild would win every conquest easiely and these ninja inviting guilds

would have no chance at all to win any planet.

so the question is:

"WHY IS THERE NO REAL CONQUEST GUILD?"

and here i think, the ppl are just not willing to conquer planets and play conquest like it was in

the past. they want to have it the easy way. so in my opinion, conquest is just an activity bonus,

a way to gear up faster, but totally dead.

if you are now complaining for more chances, it is a bit like you would want to win the soccer championship,

but you are not even able to bring 11 ppl on the field.

of course there are tons of good ideas around, how a rework of the conquest could give more chances

to smaller guild to actually conquer a planet and get the title, but to demand disbands and bans of players,

just because you don't want to go the needed extra mile, is just wrong at all and in my opinion it is also a harassment.

so to get back conquest as a playable part of the game,

we need to demand a rework of the system, not punish

the ones, doing it the easy way.

Edited by fabsus

hey guys.

even if i understand your anger about these guilds and can relate to it,

i think you should take a step back and try to analyse it a bit deeper.

the conquest tasks are ultra casual based, so that you get points for nearly

every casual activity. just by leveling a character with the story, you get +1m

points on that character, depending on your housing bonus.

that shows the intention of bioware, that there is no real conquest, it is more

a plus to join a guild and an activity reward. and if you want to get the achievements,

you go for such a guild, winning the planet.

to say, that it is no work to keep these guilds running is wrong. they need to kick out

inactive characters, find and invite new ones and hope, that they will keep active an

not gonna leave the game soon. also there are many players with a low or no bonus

at all.

so if you claim, that you are running a guild, specialized for conquest and you just have

a small guild, not able to win a conquest, your guild concept is not the one you communicated.

a conquest spezialized guild would only invite one character each legacy and motivate them,

to do the major points on that character. and they will keep an eye, that everybody got maxed

out bonuses. such a guild would win every conquest easiely and these ninja inviting guilds

would have no chance at all to win any planet.

so the question is:

"WHY IS THERE NO REAL CONQUEST GUILD?"

and here i think, the ppl are just not willing to conquer planets and play conquest like it was in

the past. they want to have it the easy way. so in my opinion, conquest is just an activity bonus,

a way to gear up faster, but totally dead.

if you are now complaining for more chances, it is a bit like you would want to win the soccer championship,

but you are not even able to bring 11 ppl on the field.

of course there are tons of good ideas around, how a rework of the conquest could give more chances

to smaller guild to actually conquer a planet and get the title, but to demand disbands and bans of players,

just because you don't want to go the needed extra mile, is just wrong at all and in my opinion it is also a harassment.

so to get back conquest as a playable part of the game,

we need to demand a rework of the system, not punish

the ones, doing it the easy way.

We dont need an entire soccerteam to beat a soccerteam. You dont seem to have seen much. I would say Kort has , i would say 3 times our numbers online at least. When we push, they have maybe 1/3 rd more points, not 3 times our points. And this just because of the massive randominvites they do. When we won Taris, we had just 13 mil points less than one of them.

No punish you say? So, just keep on going, like nothing happened? Could be a solution. If someone discovers an exploit, just continue. Nothing happens until the exploit is removed. Really?

We are not a conquestguild, not focusing on conquest. Rofl, just shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

I have screenshoots of the guildhistory of 1 guild, showing how they act. They are very impressive.

btw: 1 posting in this thread is already missing.

Edited by Warjoke

the guilds that win simply has more active players than the guilds that lose

sore losers are always such a sad sight

Yep, it is sad: No real arguement. Worthless.

Has anyone a link or can tell us what Bioware says? How long do they usually need for a response?

Has anyone some experience how such things are handled? And the time it needs? I mean , things are obvious.

Yep, it is sad: No real arguement. Worthless.

Has anyone a link or can tell us what Bioware says? How long do they usually need for a response?

Has anyone some experience how such things are handled? And the time it needs? I mean , things are obvious.

sorry, just because your guild is struggling with membership recruitment and activity levels don't mean its a game issue, reasonably confident bioware are fine with things as they are considering their lack of attention to conquest since they fixed the crafting exploits :)

Edited by RikuvonDrake

sorry, just because your guild is struggling with membership recruitment and activity levels don't mean its a game issue, reasonably confident bioware are fine with things as they are considering their lack of attention to conquest since they fixed the crafting exploits :)

Yeah... no. If you want to specifically focus on our guild, then you're wrong. We have a maxed out membership, regularly maintained, and although our rules are relaxed, most of our membership can be counted on to contribute well, when it's needed. It's why we're on the heels of the two megaguilds despite their coordination. You can't make that the problem.

But again, this isn't just about our guild. It's about guilds (including ours, yes, but not just ours) who are not the two mega/multi-guilds, and who keep getting shut out because of collusion at the top. And, for what it's worth, it's also by extension about a player base faced with fewer choices for viable conquest guilds (although we haven't really delved into that discussion much, yet).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...