Returning player, want to change my combat style to dark side mirror.

keshek

I have a Jedi shadow that was level 75 when 7.0 launched, my understanding was that I would be able to switch that combat style to sith assassin when I got the dark side V achievement. I recently did this on another character, I don't necessarily want the character to be dark side (the character is light V), but I did want to run a mix of Jedi/Sith combat styles, I was wanting to ideally run Sith Assassin/Jedi Guardian. But I don't seem to have a way to change my combat style to the mirror. I have not selected my second combat style since not being able to change my first combat style would have a large impact on which combat style I select.

Am I misunderstanding something, or is there a way I can change my original combat style to the dark side mirror?

I have a Jedi shadow that was level 75 when 7.0 launched, my understanding was that I would be able to switch that combat style to sith assassin when I got the dark side V achievement. I recently did this on another character, I don't necessarily want the character to be dark side (the character is light V), but I did want to run a mix of Jedi/Sith combat styles, I was wanting to ideally run Sith Assassin/Jedi Guardian. But I don't seem to have a way to change my combat style to the mirror. I have not selected my second combat style since not being able to change my first combat style would have a large impact on which combat style I select.

Am I misunderstanding something, or is there a way I can change my original combat style to the dark side mirror?

There is. It's actually part of the mission to add a second style.

There is. It's actually part of the mission to add a second style.

Is it after you select your second combat style, I have launched that quest, but stopped there because if I picked a light side second combat style thinking I could swap my original, I would be fairly annoyed if I couldn't. I also selected a second combat style on my other Jedi, and I don't recall having a chance to swap my first combat style, I did this yesterday because I cared less about that character and was wondering the same thing.

you can switch between styles, you're still a Jedi. You don't get switch Class Stories. You're still Shadow, just doing the Assassin Combat style. It will Show in Guild Roster you are a Sin, when you have that Style, but you are going to be doing the Jedi Story

ETA: when switching combat styles, just use The loadout TAB, do not switch using Combat Style Tab

you can use the Combat tab to switch styles, but it'll mess up your Quickbar's, So just use Loadout's to switch between Combat styles.

Remember to click the create loadout first, before switching, and make your new loadout.

If you don't, it's a mess :confused: and just updates the current loadout, and again, your quickbar is messed up

Edited by Achnaattwo

Is it after you select your second combat style, I have launched that quest, but stopped there because if I picked a light side second combat style thinking I could swap my original, I would be fairly annoyed if I couldn't. I also selected a second combat style on my other Jedi, and I don't recall having a chance to swap my first combat style, I did this yesterday because I cared less about that character and was wondering the same thing.

I'm not sure. My one character that I wanted to do this with (Warrior with Jugg reflecting to be with Guardian instead) didn't seem to be offered the mirror *before* choosing the second style, but the character was only low level anyway, so I just tapped her with the Delete cannon and started her again as Warrior/Guardian.

EDIT: But I'm pretty sure the character that you want to flip has to be leaning, alignment-wise, to the side of the faction you want to switch *to*. (That is, a Sith wanting to flip to a Jedi style must be leaning Light.) I don't know how far you have to lean (is it just a few points, or at least a whole rank? No idea), but you can't be exactly balanced or leaning the other way.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

• 3 weeks later...