7.0 combat styles question

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Will I be able to respec my Commando Trooper to a Mercenary BH style with no requirements, or do I need to be darkside? I'm wondering cos with Force classes you can't respec to use Warrior attacks on a Knight or Consular attacks on an Inquisitor in the new system unless you are in the proper alignment right? Is it different with tech classes because they change the actual weapon being used as well as abilities? Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Tech classes don't have Dark/Light requirements, but if it's an established character, it can't switch to mirror class, but it can pick anything up as second combat style.

You can pick your second combat style as it's mirror class though, you will just miss out of having a unique playstyle in each combat style.

I do wish they would have the option like the force sensitives to swap to the other faction's style when they grab their second though.

I do wish they would have the option like the force sensitives to swap to the other faction's style when they grab their second though.

The original plan, apparently, was that it would be possible to choose whatever as our "first" combat style on existing characters, rather than being pinned to the style that matches our advanced class (or it's mirror on FU characters if you do the switch mission). For some reason, that was harder than they expected to make work, so they dropped it.

The original plan, apparently, was that it would be possible to choose whatever as our "first" combat style on existing characters, rather than being pinned to the style that matches our advanced class (or it's mirror on FU characters if you do the switch mission). For some reason, that was harder than they expected to make work, so they dropped it.

Wait, what? Last I heard, Force users would be able to change to their mirror upon login if they were a point over the appropriate alignment.

Wait, what? Last I heard, Force users would be able to change to their mirror upon login if they were a point over the appropriate alignment.

This is still the plan. What Steve is referring to was their acknowledgement that they initially planned and even advertized to let us change the primary Combat Style of our existing characters to any Combat Style within the Force or Tech category respectively, not just to the mirror class. They had to abandon it because they stumbled upon technical difficulties. They in turn are giving us the option that you are talking about, namely to switch to the equivalent Force Combat Style on the other side if that character has at least one point towards the opposite alignment before 7.0 is live.

Don't know why they don't give us the same option for Tech classes, though. It would be nice to be able to do the same with our non Force user characters.

Edited by Phazonfreak