Does Sense Force Alignment even work?

Kahrain

As far as I can tell, it doesn't work. I've tried it on people who confirmed that they were at least Light I and Dark I, and there was no difference in the effect. I don't know whether this is working as intended (the other racials are just animations, after all), but if it is working as intended, the ability tooltip is very misleading.

On the other hand, I also note that when you inspect someone, the light/dark meter is shown on the inspect screen, but it always displays zero regardless of who you inspect. This could lead one to suspect that the API for obtaining another player's force alignment is broken, which could be affecting the ability too. This is just speculation, of course.

Edit: I've also just discovered Sense Force Alignment can't be used at all on the opposite faction, adding to its lameness.

Edited by Charne

• 3 weeks later...
I have to agree. The entire reason i picked this race was for sense force alignment. Seemed like it would be neat to use. It definitely does not work. Would be neat if they could fix this as it seems like a bug. I like updates to the game but come on. Fix stuff before adding new stuff. lol

• 2 weeks later...

i was under the impression that the race specific skills were just social in nature. basically glorified emotes that didnt actually affect anything but give off animations in you and others around you.

that's how Rally and Salute work for Humans and Chiss at least right?

As a dark miraluka sage, no matter who I use it on, it shows a dark red graphic. I guess it shows us our own alignment, lol.

This is exactly whats wrong with it. No matter who you use it on it will always display in accordance with your alignment and not your targets. I've tested this myself and my dark side character always see's a red aura and my Light side side always see's a whitish aura.

• 3 years later...
I know this is old but I wanted to comment on it since I came to this thread looking for an answer. They have fixed it, if it was bugged. If their alignment is light they glow a white light. If it's dark then they get this dark cloud about them. Really awesome and I love it.

• 5 years later...
As far as I can tell, it doesn't work. I've tried it on people who confirmed that they were at least Light I and Dark I, and there was no difference in the effect. I don't know whether this is working as intended (the other racials are just animations, after all), but if it is working as intended, the ability tooltip is very misleading.

On the other hand, I also note that when you inspect someone, the light/dark meter is shown on the inspect screen, but it always displays zero regardless of who you inspect. This could lead one to suspect that the API for obtaining another player's force alignment is broken, which could be affecting the ability too. This is just speculation, of course.

Edit: I've also just discovered Sense Force Alignment can't be used at all on the opposite faction, adding to its lameness.

so they have still not fixed it? only been 9 years......might be too complicated? but easy to spend those sub money

so they have still not fixed it? only been 9 years......might be too complicated? but easy to spend those sub money

The post you quoted was in 2012, nine years ago. In 2015, someone posted this:

I know this is old but I wanted to comment on it since I came to this thread looking for an answer. They have fixed it, if it was bugged. If their alignment is light they glow a white light. If it's dark then they get this dark cloud about them. Really awesome and I love it.