Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding server queues

Incantatore
12.17.2011 , 01:02 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Zettai View Post
Thanks for the info although I think 6 hours of queue not so reasonable. (TOFN)

My Kingdom
My MMORPG List
The Crimson Codex

Wyllia
12.17.2011 , 01:03 PM | #32
As with any MMO, there are always hiccups. As long as they are genuinely working on these issues, then these things are minor especially in light of the fact we are in bonus time right now.

traverk
12.17.2011 , 01:03 PM | #33
Spending time in queue is hardly my idea of fun. I'm trying get baack to my friends on Tomb of Freedon nadd, I've waited 4 and a half hour so far, and still roughly 175 people in front of me...

assasinHS
12.17.2011 , 01:03 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by thadutchy View Post
you need someone at home to start up your computer and game 2 hours before you get home and make sure the ppl home keep you char moving.. so you can play right when you get home :P
lol ive done that already on the 2nd day but i still had 2 hours no jokes

LoneSquirrel
12.17.2011 , 01:04 PM | #35
I am in queue already 1:45 (watched whole film) on LoL server and still have over 500ppl before me (start was 1,8k). It starts to be little too much for me. And i already answer on sugests of some ppl "change server" : I want play with friends...

Operanu
12.17.2011 , 01:04 PM | #36
2 Hours and still waiting! Not fun

Cekis
12.17.2011 , 01:04 PM | #37
Technically speaking, Queues are a good idea. PAYING CUSTOMER speaking, Queues are going to be incredibly detrimental to this game.

People PAY you to have the game available - and you're holding them back. My play style requires me to be at and away from the keyboard all the time. I've only been in a few queues, but the amount of time I have to play is generally barely longer than the time I wait in the queue.

Saying you're spinning up more servers helps the queue does NOT help the population of the Queue'd server UNLESS you have servers spanned across multiple systems. You have to help the population on that single server and everybody on it - not JUST handle the population of the game by adding more servers.

This is a really bad start... you have the people that are dedicated in the game now... what are you going to do about those you MIGHT have a chance at getting as subs that see how long they have to wait and go, "Screw that game!"

Really bad choices here guys... get it worked out, ditch the queue system and make sure there are still enough people to play with. You're all smart - figure it out.
C e k i s -- O p t i k i l l -- K r y t i k i l l -- J o r a y
Harbinger - Starfighter Pilot
Click to get FREE STUFFS (Referral Link)

Phomaldahyde
12.17.2011 , 01:05 PM | #38
Cant fault the game at all accept for one thing as many have already said here.....waiting times suck hugely. OMG from 30 mins to 3hours for some people. This will really really put a lot of people off and tbh im getting feeling that where not wanted ingame, i hope to god sake that this is sorted before the launch on the 20th. Ive played lots of beta's and first day's on many mmo's and they have always sucked we accpet that as norm, but ive never had to wait this long ever. And the server was forced upon us by you guys, we didnt even get the choice of where to go !!!

wowen
12.17.2011 , 01:05 PM | #39
We are currently playing on a free pre-access period, and for that I am grateful.

But as others have said I pay to play, not to wait.

By the 20th this needs to be better. 2/3 EU servers had signfiicant queues a little earlier, and that is still the case for the English Language EU servers.

I am impressed that the mechanism controlling access to servers and giving information about queues is so good. I prefer to know I have a 5 min wait, to logging on to a laggy DCing nightmare. But it needs sorting by proper launch day, because 30 min+ waits are completely unacceptable on an ongoing basis.

RIFT had free server transfers, a cool solution....hint hint.

Sjana
12.17.2011 , 01:07 PM | #40
Please just give us an option to switch server if the server gets too crouded. i'll b happy to change server to a lesser populated one if it gets me "inside" the game and out of queue's of 1.5 k ppl long.
\m/, (_) ,\m/